Like Tree9Likes
  • 6 Post By drwag
  • 1 Post By Tara
  • 1 Post By Fossil
  • 1 Post By drwag

Thread: TY4 by T-Juice

TY4 by T-Juice

I'm a big RY4 fan. In fact I've just worked my way through about 30 (that's thirty) 1ml RY4 samples from a European supplier - to get a picture of what's available out there. However, the problem with most of those samples, is that they are not concentrates, but rather a complete e-juice (including nicotine) from overseas. Which is rather problematic, in terms of cost, for Aussie vapers. I do a lot of DIY, and I can produce an RY4 approximate that I'm reasonably happy with. However, it's good to have some solid quantities of liquid at hand at all times, and I've found T-Juice's concentrates have been a good stand-by. A no-mess, no-fuss way to create e-juice without the uncertainty involved in one's own flavour creations.

So, when I saw that T-Juice, whose other flavours I've also enjoyed, also sold an RY4: labelled 'TY4' naturally, I was quite interested to check it out and see how it stacked up against the other RY4s I've tried. Also, I haven't seen many reviews of TY4 before, so I thought I'd share my reflections with others.

So, my TY4 has been mixed at 15%, in a 15mg 50/50 PG/VG mix. It's been well mixed (using a milk frother) and then steeped in the glove-box of my car for a couple of weeks. My thinking was that the constant 'jiggling' as I drive about, as well as the moderate heating (when parked in the sun) could only help the steeping process. Two weeks after mixing, I've dropped a couple of ml in my Aspire Atlantis.

Good news chaps! It's delicious! Sure, there might be other custom RY4s out there (for about $1/ml) that beat it. However, it's a well balanced, caramel, nutty vape that is definitely satisfying for me. The tobacco is quite light: adding smoky, wholesome back-notes, rather than in your face - but that's fine by me. The flavour is at the right intensity for me - mild and restrained - so you can vape it all day.

The best news is the price. Now, T-Juice concentrates cost $15.95 for 30ml from an Australian supplier. And if we add in the price per ml of the other ingredients (if you take my mix and purchase history as an example), we have:

price_per_ml = .15 * (15.95/30) + .15 * (75.00/1000) + .7 * (14.95/500)

The first term is the flavoring, the second is the nic, the third is PG and VG combined.

We get 11.2c per milliliter! (excluding shipping). So, while I might find that some other custom RY4 eliquids (e.g. from Cloud9, SteamGunk) are ever so slightly superior - I am more than happy with the T-Juice version and intend to be a long time vaper of this flavour. Of course, using TPA RY4 Double as a flavour is another way to go - which may be as good.

Hope this report is helpful and encourages those who are not already doing so to find flavour concentrates you love and DIY!

Over and out,

Dr Wag.
    __________________________________________________ __________
    Lady Bracknell: Do you vape?
    Jack: Well, Lady Bracknell, I am bound to say, yes, I do vape.
    Lady Bracknell: That is well. A man should always have an occupation.

The Importance of Being Earnest, Oscar Wilde

AVF Regular
    Have you tried the VK5 from Vapeking? If so, can you tell me how it compares to that? I find that's really nice, and I also like
    the RY-4 from bestecig. Actually, I found they taste similar.

I didn't like the GwaRy4 I got from Mt Baker Vapor.
    drwag likes this.

AVF Regular
    I'm also a big fan of RY4, the best I've come across is the Hangsen concentrate, when it stopped being available locally I tried many others without real success.

I eventually tracked down a UK supplier for the Hangsen, price wise it's not much different to the previous local supplier, and it all about the flavour and taste, right

For your info I got it from here Hangsen RY4 Essence/flavour,e-liquid,diy 50ml

I mix it at around 7% and that's right for me, I prefer the flavour on the subtle side, I also add a few drops of menthol when the mood takes me, again on the subtle side

The menthol can be added later if you decide to add it at all, just for a slight flavour change.
    drwag likes this.

Hi Tara, sorry for crazy slow reply - haven't yet learnt how to get notifications of replies etc. Unfortunately haven't tried VK5, but I might now! Still enjoying TY4 though, after all this time. However, I think I like minty the toff by T-Juice even better!
    Tara likes this.

Thanks Fossil! That UK supplier sounds like a great choice. I really want to stick with the DIY rather than a fancy premix. Have just blown all my vape money on high powered gear and batteries, so must try to reign myself in...

AVF Regular
    I Vaping 100% VG now. (Seems PG doesn't agree with my throat)

I'm going to try the "TY4 by T-Juice". A fellow Vaper suggested it as an all day Vape. We'll see
    Peter

My last cigarette... 3rd April 2014