Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Vapor Flask DNA40 V3 Clone

Vapor Flask DNA40 V3 Clone

Hi All

Just thought I would through down some of my views / findings from Black - Vapor Flask DNA40 V3 clone. Note that I have never had experiance with the authentic Vaporflask and make no comparisons with that.

I purchased this item from an overseas vendor for around $85 AUD.

Basic spec:
    - Cloned DNA40 chip (fires up with KX-400 on screen) having the same functionality as the Evolv DNA-40 (temp control, VW, adjustment of settings etc)
    - Nice clicky buttons - Fire button a little bit bigger than the adjustment buttons. Positioning is good.
    - Screen is nice an bright (just like the Evolv) and is 0.69
    - USB input for charging though not lighting fast. Also the battry indicator moves to show its charging there is no external led.
    - Takes either 2 or 1 18650 batteries (I use the VTC5)
    - Adjustable center pin - this has been good in that I don't need to adjust it every time I take the tank off (which for my TAN is very annoying)
    - Fits nicely in a pocket and of course the curve makes it comfortable to hold.

Vaping experience:

I have tried the Artic 0.2 (40watt), Kangertech Subohm 0.5 (25watts) builds on this device. Its a great performer when running VW mode delivering a consistent level of wattage. Having the dual batteries gives it a bit more portability (which is what i wanted).

I also tried the Kangertech Subohm NI200 OCC 0.15. I guess it works as intended and on comparison with the Vapor Shark with a real DNA40 chip I would say its a pretty good copy. Only side note is TC is just different and I do notice the VW jumping a bit once you hit the Temp Proc. Mode.

Battery life is adequate but dont go away for a weekend without a charger.

Summary:

This is a nice unit - build quality is good and for what you pay for it does the job.

Would I buy another? - probably not but thats more due to a move to use the Artic 0.2 and higher wattage than this device is capable of.

Would I recommend it? Yes, it wont cost you the earth and operates well. Great for the collection!
    disley, vapevapevape and Imho like this.

AVF Regular
    Nice review. Was definetly considering getting a flask to see what they like
    kramund likes this.

AVF Regular
    I'd recommend it over a genuine DNA-40 device for those who want to try TP, at least for now. For more information check out pbusardo's review as everything he says regarding the TP applies to the KX-40D and Smocare clones too (except, strangely, the battery indicator issue), although I found using TP mode to be slightly less troublesome than he did but I may have more patience.

Quite frankly Evolv needs to be dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st Century and provide the ability to perform user firmware updates because at the moment any money thrown at a genuine DNA-40 device is wasted until they get TP working correctly all the time.
    Last edited by Imho; 10-03-15 at 04:48 PM.
    kramund likes this.
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by Imho View Post
    I'd recommend it over a genuine DNA-40 device for those who want to try TP, at least for now. For more information check out pbusardo's review as everything he says regarding the TP applies to the KX-40D and Smocare clones too (except, strangely, the battery indicator issue), although I found using TP mode to be slightly less troublesome than he did but I may have more patience.

Quite frankly Evolv needs to be dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st Century and provide the ability to perform user firmware updates because at the moment any money thrown at a genuine DNA-40 device is wasted until they get TP working correctly all the time.
    Having had the original Evolv DNA40 and now a clone (KX) I would have to agree - though the VF clone chip is nicer than the one I have in a Hana Modz clone.
    Imho likes this.

AVF Regular
    I have coming from 3fvape also just purchased the ipv 4 with 100 watt yihi with temperature control for $90

Well ladies and gents - just over a week and flask is dead !!! Hmmmm this is either bad luck or just a bad device.

AVF Regular
    Good review man But not surprised it died. That's no good. Maybe give the authentic one a go. They work great...

AVF Regular
    lucky i canceled mine at the last minute

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by kramund View Post
    Well ladies and gents - just over a week and flask is dead !!! Hmmmm this is either bad luck or just a bad device.
    Sorry to hear that.
    LimeB and Hoofprint like this.

Thanks disley - its the first time a device has failed on me (I must have at least 10 units) and this is my second clone. I know there is always a risk in buying from OS and then some when you have issues - guess I will be staying local from now on

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast