Like Tree6Likes
  • 4 Post By mrjinks
  • 2 Post By mrjinks

Thread: S-body SCA1 Regulated Squonker Review

S-body SCA1 Regulated Squonker Review

A little while ago I won a mini raffle for Lizzy’s Greatest Shave, and I promised reviews. My prize consisted of an S-body S-CA1 regulated squonker, donated by CMB, and the Ben Jonson’s juice range from The Vape Shop NZ. I will review the juice range separately.

This is my first go at a bottom-fed mod, and I’m pretty impressed with it. The S-CA1 fits 8ml of juice and comes with an atomizer, so all you need to add is juice, an 18650 battery, and build a coil and you’re good to go.

The device handles up to 15W at a range of 1.5 – 3 ohm. I installed a 1.8 ohm coil. Building was a little tricky as one of the posts is angled inwards, and the airflow is not perfectly centred with the posts, so I ended up anchoring around the screws. The coil looks a little dodgy as a result but works fine. Airflow is decent and adjustable. The bottle is easy to fill and install. Squonking is fun

The device is on the heavy side, but not uncomfortably so. The weight is probably comparable to an IPV mini + Subtank combo. Fine for using at home, but a little heavy to carry around in the pocket (or handbag, in my case).

The biggest drawback for me with this device is the button. It is incredibly difficult to press in, and keep pressed in. Hopefully something that might be addressed in future iterations. Oh, and the looks – there is no doubt this does look like a walkie talkie.

Overall, I really like it, and I’d love to track down more of this kind of device to try. As for where you can get one, unfortunately I think these are only available from the manufacturer, so you’d have to do a mini-co-op to get hold of one.

2015 S-body top seller S-CA1 18650 mod with bottom feed RDA atomizer vape pen, View vape pen, S-BODY Product Details from Shenzhen S-Body Electronics Technology Co., Ltd. on Alibaba.com

CMB, Fatman, steve.c and 1 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Do you ever have an issue with flooding, from over-squonking?

Quote Originally Posted by steve.c View Post
    Do you ever have an issue with flooding, from over-squonking?
    Not so far. Can get a tiny bit of liquid seeping out the airflow if you hold it facing down. Nothing catastrophic though.
    Fatman and steve.c like this.