Thread: Smoktech 5v WOW

AVF Regular

Smoktech 5v WOW

Well I just got my smoktech 5v, yep it's a fog machine alright. Interesting, just killed a CE2 and Kanga HC yet several of each type that I'm trying flavours on are working fine, used both of the dead ones throughout the day with my ego vv at 4.2 with no problems so go figure. Ok, CE2's and carto's are warmer more taste across all flavours and I can't see my screen cause of the vapour. Screwed on the liquinator with my fave juice and WOW (no pun intended) it beat the LT at 5v for taste and warmth +1 on the TH. I haven't tried the smoktech tank yet as I just mixed a new juice and am letting it steep for an hour (can't wait to try it). First impressions so far, pretty damn good, smaller than the LT so easier for me to carry and use at work, taste, vapour and TH excellent without the cycling through buttons to hit the sweet spot. I think this may be the ideal, for me (well except for maybe the GLV mini) out and about rig.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
    Well I just got my smoktech 5v, yep it's a fog machine alright. Interesting, just killed a CE2 and Kanga HC yet several of each type that I'm trying flavours on are working fine, used both of the dead ones throughout the day with my ego vv at 4.2 with no problems so go figure. Ok, CE2's and carto's are warmer more taste across all flavours and I can't see my screen cause of the vapour. Screwed on the liquinator with my fave juice and WOW (no pun intended) it beat the LT at 5v for taste and warmth +1 on the TH. I haven't tried the smoktech tank yet as I just mixed a new juice and am letting it steep for an hour (can't wait to try it). First impressions so far, pretty damn good, smaller than the LT so easier for me to carry and use at work, taste, vapour and TH excellent without the cycling through buttons to hit the sweet spot. I think this may be the ideal, for me (well except for maybe the GLV mini) out and about rig.
    Got mine too. Doing a first impressions vid soon. Already learned a few things about it. I thought it had killed some cartos. But it does a cut-off thing. My cartos that I thought it had killed worked on another mod. Have you had any button sticking issues yet? I have had about 3 today. May be just rough edges. I'll know in time I guess. Interesting you mentioned the GLV. The tank that comes with the WOW fits perfectly on the GLV without adapter due to its small diameter. I'm liking that SmokTech tank design for the GLV.

-s

AVF Regular
    Hi Shayne, I did try both the dead ones on my vv ego and nothing, I only got about 4 hits from each on the WOW and then just stopped. I haven't had any sticking issues yet but only been using it for a couple of hours, I'm looking forward to trying the smoktech and I agree it would be pretty good on the GLV. Don't forget I get first dibs on your second GLV when it arrives <G>.

I do recall. I should hear something on those in the next couple weeks as the first one was shipped right before Xmas. And the second one right after Xmas.

AVF Regular
    If a coil is on the way out or a bit feeble, sticking it on something of higher voltage will often kill it. I had this problem quite a bit when I first got my Buzz with stuff that'd been fine on an Ego.
    CO, Vapers Against Government Interference in Nictotine Acquisition - Military Wing.

I had a problem with huge type B looking smok dual coil carto that came with the kit. when my kit arrived I wanted to use fresh batteries. all i had were protected 16340s. they worked fine with the dual coil smoktech cartos in the tank but with the huge carto the protection on the batteries kicked out. I didn't realise this was the problem until I used the unprotected ones that came with it after they finished charging. The mod has protection so I don't suppose this is a problem. Just something to be aware of if you try to use protected batteries in it. (they do fit)

AVF Regular
    Well completed my first full day with the WOW and I still like, couple things I noticed that could be a pain though. Button sticking on, your right Shayne it happened to me several times today, no biggie just need to be aware of it. Button placement could be a bit higher on the ring, very close to the bottom collar, again just takes getting used too. Ran a dual coil; Kanga all day and it was great, CE2's however get too hot and taste burnt ( I tried 5 and same with each) so I'll stick to my vv ego or LT for them. The amount of vapour makes stealthing a bit dicey but interesting (and still didn't trigger the fire alarm so I'm happy). Yep this will replace the LT for my work rig.