Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Celebrate the arrival of the new bunny - Vapeking reviews

AVF Regular

Celebrate the arrival of the new bunny - Vapeking reviews

Well to celebrate the arrival of madbunny's new bunny, and his unbelievable delivery times in the midst of having a new bunny. I thought I would start a little Vapeking review thread for those people who get there new IKV atomiser and juice orders in over the next few days. I am an IKV atomiser convert, but always keen to hear others impressions of them as everyone has different opinions.

Got my order today so really just first impressions.

I thought I would start with 3 new products I haven't tried before. IKV i06 2.5ohm atomiser, with a i06 multicoloured drip tip and the vape king trippler "tobacco classique" mixed slightly stonger than a trippler strength with 15% vg 85% pg and 16mg nic content.

i06 2.5ohm atomiser. I love the i06 1.5 ohm atomisers at 3.7v's so was keen to try the 2.5ohm at higher voltage (using on my GLV2 5v with black AW protected batts, which with this atomiser probably pumps out around 4.8v's). I was really dissappointed with standard resistance 306 atomisers compared to the LR's so was a bit hesitant to go up in ohms with the i06 as it is a modified 306. However first impressions are I had nothing to worry about. The 2.5ohm right off the bat had the same outstanding flavour as the 1.5ohm i06 but with the added voltage produced that nice dense vapour you can only get at higher voltages. It probably produces around the same dense vapour that the IKV3.5ohm 510 atomiser on the same mod produces, which is excellent, and boy you really can taste that extra flavour it gives out. If it lasts as long as the 3.5ohm ikv 510 atomisers then this is another IKV winner in my book. I have a i06 ikv 3.5ohm atomiser as well so will give that a whirl soon too and compare to the 3.5ohm ikv 510. IKV are the best atomisers you can get in my opinion and at $9.99 each well worth it. Note the IKV's come unprimed so remember to give them 5 good drops and let them sit for a minute or two before you fire them up.

i06 multicoloured drip tip. Slightly shorter than the black delrin version but fits perfectly and nice to be able to add some colour with the i06's and at $2.5 reasonably priced as well. Note if you are ordering i06 atomisers dont forget to grab a drip tip as normal 306 drip tips don't fit.

Tobacco classique trippler - I mixed this slightly stonger than a trippler strength (ie more than a third trippler) with about 15% vg 85% pg and 16mg nic ( i measure by eye so never know exactly what i end up with). My first thoughts are this has a very similar tobacco flavour to the Halo tobacco range. If you have tried them you know what i mean. This is closer to the Halo Torque 56, with a touch of Halo Freedom in my opinion, and they both have a pretty big world wide fan base. Halo describe "Torque56 as a premium e-liquid with unfiltered tobacco flavor and a serious Throat Hit. Torque56 is for those that want real tobacco flavor without alot of complex flavor to cloud the taste". Well this is very much in the same vain but with a hint of the Freedom flavour but then adding in 50% "tobacco absolute" flavour which "dry's" the flavour out, and really hits you on the exhale. For those that haven't tried it Tobacco absolute is a concentrated tobacco flavour extracted from tobacco leaves, it has a really dry "tobaccoey" but very dry/grassy flavour. So if you like Halo Tobacco's but want something a bit drier, less sweet, with an excellent throat hit, that you can also get locally, then this is a good vape for you. As it says on the Vapeking site this is one for the "tobacco purists" versus say the RY4 lovers.

Well thats it for my quick first impressions on the order I received today. As you get your recent Vapeking orders in please post your first impressions here, and once again congrats on your new arrival madbunny.

UPDATE AFTER A WEEKS USE

Well its been a week in using the i06 2.5ohm on my GLV2 5v, and the Tobacco Classique so I thought I would do a little follow up.

The atomiser is still going strong. I still believe the IKV's are the best atomisers around, but remember in the atomiser world I am talking 10 to 20% better only, so don't expect it to be some ground breaking step up, but in my opinion still well worth buying.. I am finding that once the atomiser burnt in the 2.5ohm i06 is a little too harsh on my GLV 5v and believe for me the 3.5ohms ikv's on this device has a wattage closer to my sweet spot. After a weeks use it is "burning" the juice a bit much, and a bit too harsh. Will use the 2.5 ohm on the provari at a lower voltage.

I am still using the Tobacco classique and believe it is a good juice for those "tobacco purists" who like an uncomplicated not to sweet tobacco vape. I am finding it to be much closer to the drier grassy "tobacco absolute flavour" than the Halo Tobacco now that I have been using it for a week and the juice has aged a bit more. For me I will probably add a few drops on flue cured tobacco concentrate to round out the taste more.
    Last edited by Mickg33; 18-01-12 at 10:21 AM.

AVF Regular
    this sounds like the go for me mick,been on torque 56 as my all dayer for a while now.cant stand perfumey tobaccos.need some new 3.5 ohm iken so might just get some.
    RIP VP

Supreme Overlord of these Realms
    First of all saying that his delivery was good during this period is an understatement. I placed an order at 11AM on the day of the birth and he had it in my hands that afternoon personally.

Anyhow the main items of note that I feel I should rave about are these IKV atties. I picked up one at 1.5ohms and 2 at 2.5 ohms. These might honestly be the best atomisers I have ever used. Great from the first firing and have not skipped a single beat. Im very impressed but am holding out to see how long they last.

Nice idea Mick.

I also must congratulate Mr Bunny for outstanding service, given his personal circumstances. I received my order today. I forgot to add an item when I placed my order, and not knowing at the time of his impending arrival, I messaged him, asking if it was too late to add another item to my order. No worries. Not only did he remember to include it, he refused to send me a Paypal invoice so I could pay him the extra owing. Thank you Mr Bunny
    I already have my favourite vendor and rarely purchase elsewhere. To have someone else give me the service to which I am accustomed, while most likely pacing the floor waiting for baby bunny to arrive, is pretty awesome.

I bought a VK4 doubler and the Baked Apple Tart. Being an RY4 fan from way back, yet not having had any for a long while, I thought I might like the VK4. Good move. It grabbed me from the start. A lot of juices need to grow on me, but this is really good, and it hasn't even steeped yet. I'm yet to try the BAT.

The i06 atties.... not really sure of them as yet. I think I was expecting them to be as good as, if not better than my Joye's. I find the draw to be a lot tighter, which I have heard it is. Not really my preference. I like the drip tips, but they don't go all the way down the atty (I know they are not supposed to), but my others do and that's what I'm used to. I found the flavour very lacking. This is what surprised me the most, considering everyone seems to feel they give better flavour. Also much less vapor than my usual 306. But the major downside for me is the leaking. I mean horrible leaking. I gave it about an hour, thinking it probably needs to break in. No change for the better. I was using a fresh Ego battery, so I grabbed another fresh one and put a Joye 306 on it, dripping with the same juice. I thought this would be the best way to compare. The Joye won hands down in all aspects. I then threw the i06 on the Lava Tube... same issues.
    When something doesn't seem right, I'm always quick to blame myself, thinking I'm doing something wrong. Can't say I am in this instance. I will stick with it throughout tomorrow and maybe it might break in a little better. I have not heard of anyone not liking them, so I'm a tad disappointed. Who knows, the issues might sort themselves. Time will tell.

Again, can't complain about Madbunny's service. Well done.

AVF Regular
    Madbunny has been in my good books for quite awhile now. He's gone the extra kilometre more than once for me and I have a big soft spot for him. In my last order he sent me a sample of his new Banana Nut Bread. I've since ordered 30ml. It's a great all day vape but it's also about the nicest vape I've found for first thing in the morning. I wasn't looking for a first thing vape but the first morning I grabbed my PV and vaped this wonderful stuff I knew it was MY morning vape, hands down. In fact I just refilled my carto with it as it's nearly bedtime for me and I know to make sure that's in my PV for when I wake up in the morning.
    Vaper since 11 Dec 2011

Joyetech Evic-VTC MINI, eLeaf TC40 x2, Uwell Crown & Aspire Titan2

Vaping Blog: http://gaelyne.com/category/vape-away/

306s, not me...

Quote Originally Posted by AutumnGirl View Post
    I mean horrible leaking. I gave it about an hour, thinking it probably needs to break in. No change for the better.
    I hear how good 306 is for some people. They rave about them. But your experience has been mine. I have never been able to make a 306 work for me. I tried the DCA on a 306 but never could get the air right. I have given up on them in favour of the 901 with a drip shield. What works for some doesn't seem to work for all.

-s
    Last edited by shayne; 12-01-12 at 04:01 AM. Reason: I'm dyslexic this morning

AVF Regular
    Where the spectre of Bjelke-Petersen still looms...A Banana Republic inside a Banana Republic
    Nice idea Mick.

I also must congratulate Mr Bunny for outstanding service, given his personal circumstances. I received my order today. I forgot to add an item when I placed my order, and not knowing at the time of his impending arrival, I messaged him, asking if it was too late to add another item to my order. No worries. Not only did he remember to include it, he refused to send me a Paypal invoice so I could pay him the extra owing. Thank you Mr Bunny
    I already have my favourite vendor and rarely purchase elsewhere. To have someone else give me the service to which I am accustomed, while most likely pacing the floor waiting for baby bunny to arrive, is pretty awesome.

I bought a VK4 doubler and the Baked Apple Tart. Being an RY4 fan from way back, yet not having had any for a long while, I thought I might like the VK4. Good move. It grabbed me from the start. A lot of juices need to grow on me, but this is really good, and it hasn't even steeped yet. I'm yet to try the BAT.

The i06 atties.... not really sure of them as yet. I think I was expecting them to be as good as, if not better than my Joye's. I find the draw to be a lot tighter, which I have heard it is. Not really my preference. I like the drip tips, but they don't go all the way down the atty (I know they are not supposed to), but my others do and that's what I'm used to. I found the flavour very lacking. This is what surprised me the most, considering everyone seems to feel they give better flavour. Also much less vapor than my usual 306. But the major downside for me is the leaking. I mean horrible leaking. I gave it about an hour, thinking it probably needs to break in. No change for the better. I was using a fresh Ego battery, so I grabbed another fresh one and put a Joye 306 on it, dripping with the same juice. I thought this would be the best way to compare. The Joye won hands down in all aspects. I then threw the i06 on the Lava Tube... same issues.
    When something doesn't seem right, I'm always quick to blame myself, thinking I'm doing something wrong. Can't say I am in this instance. I will stick with it throughout tomorrow and maybe it might break in a little better. I have not heard of anyone not liking them, so I'm a tad disappointed. Who knows, the issues might sort themselves. Time will tell.

Use a little bit of elbow grease and push the DT all the way onto the atty. Might help with your leaking issues.

Try the BAT. I vape it almost exclusively now. Really nice combination of flavour notes.
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Quality Australian Made eJuice: Bunyip Vapes

You've given me more toys to buy! Great review mate!
    JuiceWhore Sig

AVF Regular
    Nice idea Mick.

Interesting experience with the IKV i06 atomisers. Only 2 things I can think of that could cause this;

This is a modified 306, and 306's take a bit longer to learn how to drip with. But as you say you have used 306's before i will assume that is not the issue, and the atomiser is not flooded etc.

1. as you are you using the i06 on a 3.2v ego device, did you buy the 1.5ohm XLR ones. Sounds like you may possibly have a 2.5ohm or above which isnt suitable to use on a ego. I only use the 1.5ohm XLR's on my 3.7v devices, 3.2v ego's would are even less powerful. i have never tried the 1.8 ohm LR's either. Then if it was a 2.5ohm it should have worked fine on the lavatube when you cranked up the voltage a bit? As they come unprimed you do need to give them a bit extra juice before you use them, but they are still pretty hardy atomisers and wouldn't blow easy?

2. You have a dud atomiser ? or its not contacting 100% on the mod. Never had a dud one myself, never had any leaking either with the i06's either, and have used on a few different mods and never had any issues with the threads being slightly shorter and not contacting either. The draw is tighter on these, but for the rest very strange. I have used Joye 510/306/901, cisco's, eastmall, smoketech, HHV's .45 etc and easily put the i06's ahead of them all, by 15 to 20%. Other than making sure to juice it up well before use because they are not pre primed, they are really no different to operate than a 306, and so as you stated you have used them for a while before I cant see that you would be doing anything wrong.

Do you have another one to try?

Re your drip tip not going all the way down, dont worry alot of the plastic multicoloured ones are little tight at first (assuming you mean its only a +/-3 mm's from the bottom, after using it for a day the plastic heats up and starts to give a little, when it is still hot, just give it a firmer push down and it should then move right to the bottom. Better to start this way and then move to a firm fit after a day or so, then be too loose.

Thanks for your comments though, always good to hear other opinions
    Last edited by Mickg33; 12-01-12 at 09:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nothingexpert View Post
    Use a little bit of elbow grease and push the DT all the way onto the atty. Might help with your leaking issues.

Try the BAT. I vape it almost exclusively now. Really nice combination of flavour notes.

I think I used so much elbow grease that I can't get it off now. Oops.
    Yep, I'll try the BAT today.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast