Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JW Kooks Bounty

AVF Regular
    Where the spectre of Bjelke-Petersen still looms...A Banana Republic inside a Banana Republic

JW Kooks Bounty

I never really pictured myself as a choc/coconut fan. I think I can count on the one hand the number of Bounty bars I've eaten in my life (apart from when you get handed and fun size mix and you just eat everything after a while because it's chocolate and, let's face it, who doesn't like chocolate? I've been a diabetic for nearly four years now and I still find it hard from time to time to avoid the sweet stuff. Hence I do tend to vape sweet flavours to soothe that beast while getting my nic fix. When I first started vaping, a friend who started at the same time as me suggested we go halfsies on some blank nic and PA concs. Of course I had them mailed to me in Victoria because it was near the time QH were being bumbling blind nazis. That left a fresh vaper, who had only experienced some prefilled 808 carts and a bottle of Dekang Redbull to mix juices and post half to my mate. Over time I got into the process and came up with some decent concoctions but after having tasted what the local pros come up with I've pretty much decided I'm happy to pay the extra price for premixed doublers. The only exceptions I make are iMix Peanut Butter & Strawberry and (yet to take up again) my own Irish Cream mix using White Chocolate and French Vanilla from PA, which tastes exactly like the Irish Cream carts I ordered back in the dark, ignorant medieval times and quite enjoyed.

But I digress. One mix I really enjoyed and didn't have enough of - having ordered only dram bottles from PA - was a Choc/Coconut mix. I bugged Del recently to put Kooks Bounty back on sale, volunteering to test some different mixes she had and found that she had settled on what I thought was the best combination for my taste as her stock item. I offered a while ago to write a review of the flavour and so here we stand. You, the reader, yawning while you wonder why I am so full of hyperbole, and me - the scribe - unconcerned for your disdain, as I am too caught up in my own sense of smug self satisfaction and marveling at how witty my composition happens to be.

Del's Kooks Bounty is in my opinion a perfect Choc/Coconut combination. The trick with chocolate flavours (in my opinion) is that they are often more like raw chocolate than the one you taste when you chomp on some Cadbury's. Hence a great mix using chocolate flavouring requires a delicate balance between getting the note to shine through and not overpowering the partnered note(s). This is achieved perfectly in Kooks Bounty. The coconut flavour is the primary note, just as it should be to replicate a bounty bar. The chocolate is subtle enough to let the coconut shine, but present enough to give the required delicious combination.

TL;DR - Del, your Kooks Bounty is the dog's bollocks!
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Quality Australian Made eJuice: Bunyip Vapes

Unfortunately. This was the one flavour I didn't like, I'm tempted to try the new blend though, the old one was... Odd

Quote Originally Posted by besure View Post
    Unfortunately. This was the one flavour I didn't like, I'm tempted to try the new blend though, the old one was... Odd
    Odd, why does this not surprise me. I just can't be sure. Unfortunate. Must be the subtle aspect.
    - - - - - - -=-=-=-=-=-=<=<<<([[-- HanaMini - ReoMini2.1 - Nemesis --]])>>>=>=-=-=-=-=- - - - - - -

I love eating Bounty, but i tried this and did not like it at all

CCC
    Nice review Notingexpert, you just gained reputation

AVF Regular
    Where the spectre of Bjelke-Petersen still looms...A Banana Republic inside a Banana Republic
    Quote Originally Posted by CCC View Post
    Nice review Notingexpert, you just gained reputation
    How far off exalted?
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

CCC
    Not sure... you still want me to look at your 510

AVF Regular
    Eh? Was a WoW reference lol

Quote Originally Posted by eTama View Post
    Odd, why does this not surprise me. I just can't be sure. Unfortunate. Must be the subtle aspect.
    Oh to be sure to be sure!

CCC
    Quote Originally Posted by Nothingexpert View Post
    Eh? Was a WoW reference lol
    Sorry took it literally... i don't play WoW, it took me this long to figure out what WoW was!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast