Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

5V SmokTech WOW from GGecigs.net final thoughts.

Since I did a written first impressions and I have mods backing up that needs reviewing I done a short My final thoughts video on the entry level 5V Smoktech WOW from GGecigs.net.

-s

Nice review there Shane - looks like a great 5V starter kit!

i had mine for 3 or 4 weeks now since i did a written review & it is by far the mod i use the most.
    i like the small size & with the dual coil it hits hard. its regulated 5 volts but does not seem to have any AMP restriction (which is brilliant) meaning i can put a 1.5 ohm cartomizer & it gives a huge punch of a throat hit!
    this is something i could not do with my Provari's.
    value for money is very very good.
    on the sticky button, mine did that to me twice on the first day but then i just couldn't make it stick again.

just my thoughts
    great review Shayne!

AVF Regular
    Nice objective review shayne, I always prefer to pay a bit more for a better quality mod (but a fully kitted glv5v would cost 3 times the $'s), but like you say it looks like a good kit for the price, as a starter entry level kit, even with its shortcomings.

its weird but I have gone back to using my GLV2 5v almost exclusively for the last month (sometimes grab a 3.7v when out and about still), and my VV mods are in the cupboard. I have found the ikv 2.5 to 3.5v atomisers and my glv2 5v is pretty much bang on my sweet spot. While the battery life is a bit on the short side, they are easy to swap over and I really like the size and feel of using it too. Unlike some of my mechanical mods it doesn't require much maintenance either. I clean it only once every 3 or 4 months versus every week or two when i am using my Reo or Precise. I think 5v's are a good fit for some people, and not a thing of the past, just yet. Although most seem to prefer the flexibility a VV can offer.
    Last edited by Mickg33; 17-01-12 at 10:05 AM.

Funny that, i Have two provari's stting idle while the 5V smoketech copes a full Vaping day. just the size,lightness & kick makes it a favorite at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickg33 View Post
    Nice objective review shayne, I always prefer to pay a bit more for a better quality mod (but a fully kitted glv5v would cost 3 times the $'s), but like you say it looks like a good kit for the price, as a starter entry level kit, even with its shortcomings.

its weird but I have gone back to using my GLV2 5v almost exclusively for the last month (sometimes grab a 3.7v when out and about still), and my VV mods are in the cupboard. I have found the ikv 2.5 to 3.5v atomisers and my glv2 5v is pretty much bang on my sweet spot. While the battery life is a bit on the short side, they are easy to swap over and I really like the size and feel of using it too. Unlike some of my mechanical mods it doesn't require much maintenance either. I clean it only once every 3 or 4 months versus every week or two when i am using my Reo or Precise. I think 5v's are a good fit for some people, and not a thing of the past, just yet. Although most seem to prefer the flexibility a VV can offer.

Nice one Shayne. I like your reviews, no bs. Looking forward to the GLVmini cause I've got my eye on that one.
    - - - - - - -=-=-=-=-=-=<=<<<([[-- HanaMini - ReoMini2.1 - Nemesis --]])>>>=>=-=-=-=-=- - - - - - -

AVF Regular
    I love my WOW. It really gives a good INSTANT kick whereas my VV I kinda have to wait a few seconds for it to 'get there'.

My button issue was very different to yours - mine *wouldn't* fire at times and I found it more prevalent when I had the ego thread cap cover on. It still happens now and again but not as often. One day it happened a lot and freaked me out good but once it's been sorted it rarely happens now.

If they hadn't been out of stock last week I would have bought another one.
    Vaper since 11 Dec 2011

Joyetech Evic-VTC MINI, eLeaf TC40 x2, Uwell Crown & Aspire Titan2

Vaping Blog: http://gaelyne.com/category/vape-away/

Quote Originally Posted by Flitterby View Post
    If they hadn't been out of stock last week I would have bought another one.
    I was told by the vendor that he can not get the same pricing as he did before on the kit but that there would be more of the mods at just under $40.

-s

Quote Originally Posted by Mickg33 View Post
    I have found the ikv 2.5 to 3.5v atomisers and my glv2 5v is pretty much bang on my sweet spot.
    Me and you vape a lot alike. I could do with my 5V GLV everything I do with my Provari voltage wise because of the way that I vape. I never use my provari at voltages lower than what a specific atty/carto will push. But like you said, some likes VV and the ability to lower the voltage below that threshold.

-s

Quote Originally Posted by Avguy View Post
    Funny that, i Have two provari's stting idle while the 5V smoketech copes a full Vaping day. just the size,lightness & kick makes it a favorite at the moment.
    I have not touched my provari in a month other than to use it to check Ω on a atty. Expensive meter huh? But it still has its place in my lineup.

-s

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast