Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Heatvape Invader Mini with TC Review

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.

Heatvape Invader Mini with TC Review

Thanks to www.gearbest.com, who supplied this mod free for review, today I am reviewing the Heatvape Invader Mini.
    This is a Temperature Control mod but has some other great features most other TC mods do not have.
    GearBest currently has these on sale for $56.99US here: Heatvape Invader Mini 50W E - Cigarette Mod by 1 x 18650 Battery-56.99 and Free Shipping| GearBest.com

Unboxing:

There is not a lot of unboxing to show with this mod, there is the device itself, inside a clear plastic case, with a set of instructions under the mold that holds the mod in place.
    There is also a scratch & check authenticity sticker, on the cardboard insert inside the case.

Features:

As you can see, it is a tube mod with a bit of a difference.
    It has an outer silicone housing, with a metal tube beneath, this is because of one of its unique features, the Invader Mini is waterproof!
    Want to vape in the shower?
    Well with this mod you can.
    Swimming in the pool, with your vape resting in reach on the side, is no problem. Even if someone decides to do some bombies & splash the Invader Mini, you can be sure it will keep working.
    Now you can celebrate being smoke free by dancing in the rain & vaping at the same time!

Not only is is waterproof but it is also drop proof & surprisingly, can be driven over by a car & still function!
    This makes the Invader Mini great if you work on construction sites, where dropping your mod out of your pocket could see it damaged beyond repair, leaving you without a vape for the rest of the day.
    It is hard not to compare this feature to a Provari, which for years has been known as a rugged & some would say "bulletproof" mod but at around a quarter of the price, with other features not seen on the Provari, the Invader Mini is every bit as rugged.

This mod can go from 1W all the way up to 50W, so no matter if you are a tootle puffer or want to blow some clouds, the Invader Mini has the power you need.

The 510 connection is adjustable in a rather unique way, it has a removable top piece, which you first screw onto your atomiser, this ensures every tank or dripper will sit flush, then you screw the top piece back onto the mod.
    In practice, this works rather well, it is not as convenient as a spring loaded 510 connection but I believe Heatvape did it this way to keep the mod waterproof.

The battery cap is not as easy to remove as some, due to the silicone shell covering about 1/4 of the cap, however the cap has grooves on it to allow for good grip & is not too difficult to screw or unscrew.
    The threads on the battery cap are smooth & so are the threads on the top cap & 510, not a hint of grittiness on any of them.
    There is a o-ring seal on the battery cap to complete the waterproofing on this mod.

Another selling point of this mod is it has Temperature Control to use with Ni200 coils, it adjusts in 10 degree increments from 200F to 600F.
    I found this works well & is very similarly implemented as the Kangxin VF mini, http://forums.aussievapers.com/e-cig...kangxin+review
    When you screw on a Ni200 coiled device, it will ask new up old down?
    Like on other TC devices, this is to prevent changing the ohms on a warm Ni200 coil, which you may have just unscrewed from the mod.

Buttons:

All the buttons are clicky & tactile.
    The + & - buttons on this mod are marked & easily identified.
    The fire button is above the screen & can be confused with part of the silicone shell above it, which looks like it could be the fire button. It would have been better IMO to make this part of the shell smooth so it wasn't able to be confused, although with familiarity it is easy to distinguish & find the fire button.

By now you may be wondering about battery venting, given that this mod is waterproof & completely sealed.
    Well Heatvape thought about this & in the event of battery venting, the buttons are designed in a way that their seals would be forced open.
    I'm not sure if this actually works in practice because I am not going to deliberately vent a battery, however I do think that it is good to have venting but I'm not so sure I'd like to have hot gases burning my fingers/thumb in the event of venting.
    I think some kind of 1 way valve on the battery cover would have been a better way to implement venting protection.

Overall Impressions:

This mod is heavy!
    With a battery & full tank of juice, it weighs around 325 grams, which is slightly heavier than my Sigelei 100W plus box mod, which holds 2 batteries!
    Obviously, this is due to its rugged construction, using thicker metal adds weight, so in this case weight isn't such a bad thing.

For taking out & about or to work, where drops/splashes/potential damage is a concern, the Heatvape Invader Mini is a great solution. Whack on a Stainless Steel tank & you have a PV about as rugged as you can make one, with the ability to vape all day depending on your batteries & juice consumption.

One thing I don't particularly like about the Invader Mini is it's feature to switch itself off or sleep mode.
    The Kangxin VF mini (which I'm using as an example because it also has TC), also has a sleep mode but it is a more user friendly implementation IMO.
    With the Invader mini when it goes into sleep mode, you have to click the fire button 5 times to turn it back on, i find this a little annoying & unnecessary, since it has the feature to turn it off manually this way.
    With the Kangxin, which also has the 5 click on/off manual feature, when it goes into sleep mode, one click of the fire button powers it on, the next fires the device, this is a better implementation & less annoying.

The silicone shell makes the Invader mini very easy to grip, being a tube mod, holding it in either hand & firing the button is easy.
    It is not the most elegant looking device but it is not ugly either, in fact its looks match its other rugged features, giving it the appearance of a workhorse.

Conclusion:

I think this is a well designed mod, only time will tell in terms of its durability but it certainly has the ability to take a few knocks or even being run over in the odd traffic accident.
    Add to that waterproofing, high wattage, with Temperature Control & you have a mod that can perform equally well on a construction site or at the beach or at home.
    At the price point the Heatvape Invader Mini represents a good value "indestructible" mod.
    Last edited by Noe; 12-07-15 at 10:50 PM. Reason: typo
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    Seems a trend. Maybe these should be under GB's thread.
    steve.c and DogMan like this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

Noe
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crisscross View Post
    Seems a trend. Maybe these should be under GB's thread.
    I would be equally happy to review products from other vendors, if they want to send them to me for review & I have in the past.
    If any vendor has products they want reviewed, my PM box is open.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Super Moderator
    Moved to the "Review" sub-forum. Also, links to other forums have been removed.
    Crisscross and steve.c like this.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by gtadmin View Post
    Moved to the "Review" sub-forum. Also, links to other forums have been removed.
    That's what happens when you cut and paste here second

Noe
    That's what happens when you cut and paste here second
    Link has been replaced, are you done gloating?
    Essie's Glass DTs

AVF Regular
    Not gloating just saying it like it is.

Noe
    Not gloating just saying it like it is.
    Well somewhere has to be second, it's a matter of a few seconds to C & P, then have the review appear almost simultaneously in both places.
    I'm not here to "take sides" I'm here providing information for the benefit of other vapers.
    nicoandlaughter likes this.
    Essie's Glass DTs

AVF Regular
    Glad to see you acting the benevolent provider of information for us all.

AVF Regular
    Glad to see you acting the benevolent provider of information for us all.
    such a selfless act ey?
    Crisscross and steve.c like this.
    "Vapers- The evangelical vegans of the smoking community"
    Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast