Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Smok Atta tank - first impressions

AVF Regular

Smok Atta tank - first impressions

Test environment
    Battery - Ego One
    Tank - Smok Atta
    Coil - .5 Ohm
    Juice - Soulblu Cherry Ripe, 60/40 PG/VG no nic.

So first impressions of the Smok Atta! Its a great looking tank, slightly taller than the subtank nano, but nothing earth shattering. Here it is compared to the Nano, and both Ego One tanks.

It still fits in my pocket better than the Vamo did (and better than most box mods I'd guess). It is boxed nicely, and comes with two coils (.5 and 1 ohm) as well as spare pyrex and o rings, for those that want the kanger look with red 'rings hehe. I pulled it apart to take a look at everything, and first noticed the coils look very similar to the Nautilus coils. But as you can see in the image, they are quite different. (Nautilus on the left, Atta on right).

The top half of the Atta screws into the inside the coil. This thread is not present on the Nautilus coils but they are threaded on the outside lower down. In regards to the base, the bottom airflow ring turns smoothly, and does not have stops. So you can choose exactly the amount you'd like it open, Unlike the Nano which essentially forces you to one of three settings. The drip tip also has a small airflow ring. I tend to like a fairly thick warm vapour, so leave it closed for normal vaping. It does allow for extra flexibility though, and as its a standard tip fitting you could use it on tanks that don't have airflow control.

When I first took the tip off, the o-ring was a little ragged. It looked like extra rubber flashing from the manufacturing process. I carefully cut it off and the tip fits quite tightly. I'm not sure if this indicates the o-ring is subpar or not. The base also fits my Ego One more snugly than the Kanger does. When screwing it down it sits flush with the top of the battery. the Kanger center post seems slightly off, as it always sits with one side slightly higher than the other. It always functioned normally, but just looked a bit dodgy with the tank cocked to one side. You can see the lean here.

There was a slight 'plastic-y' smell to it when I unboxed it originally, so I gave it a good wash before filling. To be honest I didn't smell my Nano before filling it, so not sure if it also smelled weird. However after filling the Atta and vaping, it doesn't taste/smell funny. With the bottom airflow wide open and top closed, it does vape very similar to the subtank Nano. it has great taste and vapor production, with no signs of gurgling or spitting so far. It seems almost like the vapour drops are finer than the Nano (or standard Ego) tanks though. The exhale seems to hang around longer than on the other two, almost like smoke.

So for those that want an 18mm sub ohm tank, the Atta is a good choice. Performs as well as the Subtank Nano so far, but has slightly more flexibility with airflow. Neither currently come with rebuildable coils currently (the rebuildable coil for the Subtank mini doesn't fit the nano) but here are videos on YouTube on how to rebuild the stockies if you're that way inclined. The prices are also similar too. It's a bit early to tell if the Atta is better/worse/equal, but I'll revisit this in a week and update any changes
    Captain, gtadmin, Fatman and 3 others like this.

Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus vntosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Hi Timm4h, just one question - where from, I have been trying to find one of these for weeks, but could only find them from the States... I am hooked on my GCT and vct pro tanks and wanted a 19mm version of them.

AVF Regular
    Hey zigg, I emailed every Aussie Smok dealer I could find, and the only one who offered to get them for me was Michael at ecigify.com.au. He doesn't stock them as yet, but I was lucky because he was about to place an order for Smok products, and requested a couple of Attas and coils for me. It cost me $109 for two, with ten extra coils and express postage included. The actual tanks themselves were $32 each, and the coils were $3.50 each. I was aware that they would be more expensive than normal because of the small quantity, but taking shipping into account it's about the same cost as if I ordered them from overseas.

Oh and mods - yes I'm a stoopidhead and didn't realise there was a reviews section. You can move this if you want
    Last edited by Timm4h; 07-08-15 at 09:30 PM.

Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus vntosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Super Moderator
    Ha ha ... I didn't even notice So moved
    Fatman and Timm4h like this.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

AVF Regular
    Ok so after vaping with the Atta for a week, I've got nothing bad to report. I generally clean out the tanks I've used each weekend, and it was as easy to clear out as the Subtank Nano. It does seem to take Juice longer to soak through the coil after it's been washed out, but a few drops more in the center would probably sort that out. The flashing around the drip tip o-ring I mentioned hasn't caused an issue, but the hole does seem a tiny bit smaller than standard. All my regular drip tips are a very tight fit. So in conclusion, It's a great little tank. At least on par with the Kanger Nano in terms of performance, and build quality is maybe a tiny bit better. But not so much you'd choose one over the other.

Now I'm on the hunt for the next 19mm Tank to test out

AVF Regular
    Ok so little update, this happened. I had just filled up with juice, and screwed the tank back together when the chimney came apart from the top cap. The chimney looks like it's pressed into the cap, and hasn't complete come out, it left a ring of metal still in the hole in the cap. I'm going to write to Smok and see what they have to say.

AVF Regular
    oh no good Tim!
    Should be sent a replacement you'd hope.
    Timm4h likes this.

AVF Regular
    That's what I'm hoping. I'm using my second one now, let's hope it doesn't do he same thing :P

AVF Regular
    OK - its been 10 days and I still haven't heard from Smok, even though their auto response states I'd get a response within 1 day. So I emailed them again today, expressing my displeasure with their customer service. We'll see if they actually take any action...

AVF Regular
    So I got an email from Smok last night in pretty dodgy English, asking me what the problem was that I had. Soooooo I had to list it all again for them, and send them the pics of the broken cap/chimney. Along with the dodgy drip tip that wobbles like a loose tooth, this is becoming a 'I wish I hadn't bothered' purchase. Depending on how customer service responds, I might go on a similar rant to Stylemessiah in the 'worst purchase of 2015' thread haha.

I seem to remember someone else is a Smok hater - gtadmin I think? starting to see why.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast