Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Kangxin Vapor Flask V3 Style 40W - My 1st review!

AVF Regular

Kangxin Vapor Flask V3 Style 40W - My 1st review!

Hi Team,

Be gentle.

Here's the full disclosure. I had a problem with a Dovpo TC-50 mod that I purchased from Gearbest. I won't go in to details but essentially it was kinda lame. I contacted the Gearbest representative on here and worked through a solution. They offered me a substitute product after I sent a video of the fault in return for a review. I thought that this was actually pretty fair. I wasn't happy with the Dovpo and didn't have to mess around with sending it back and now here we are. I'm keeping my side of the bargain but points to them. Polite persistence pays my friends.

This is the product I received: Kangxin Vapor Flask V3

I’ve been using it a little less than two weeks.

It came with typically vague instructions, a sweet little velvet case which I will never use and a micro USB cable.

First impressions: Wow it was pretty chunky! Bear in mind i've been going for little mods (built in battery like the iStick or single 18650 like the Kanger Subox) and this thing holds a pair of 18650s. It is totes chunky and I don't feel like taking it out and about... Yet. It weighs 322 grams with batteries and a full of juice Subtank Mini. Holding it in my hand is mostly comfortable although the sharp edges around the base can be a little irritating. Overall it’s feels weighty yet reassuringly solid and very well built.

I read a couple of reviews which said you couldn't screw the battery contact caps on fully but all my batteries are flat top and fit perfectly. Fresh batteries lasted me about three days in rotation with other mods.

It looks awesome though, no logos whatsoever, the copper battery covers and atomiser base contrast with the case nicely. I really like the finish on the aluminium case and the silver colour. The screen is bright and clear with a blue on black OLED. Very easy to read.

There are no gaps around the chassis and the buttons are solid and clicky. Teeny non annoying rattles if you shake it near your ear.

The 510 screw is adjustable and I noticed that when changed tanks a couple of times it stopped making connection as screwing the tank on must have screwed the pin down lower (righty tighty!) and I would get an “atomsizer open” message. Winding it back up with a screw driver fixed this quick smart.

It works perfectly with variable wattage and temperature control coils. I’ve been using the proper Kanger OCC .5 ohm and .15 Ni200 coils. A good experience of TC after my last attempt with the stinky Dovpo. Still not sold on the coolness of the vape but that’s not the fault of the mod.

Maybe it’s me but I struggle still turning temperature control off while switching tanks. I can get it to changing temperature mode and just mash the buttons around until I see the “Off” reading. It definitely does not automatically turn off TC when switching from a TC coil to a regular one. (edit: you turn off TC by clicking the maximum temperature up to 600F then one more click gets it to off - thanks Disley. Also there is no option to switch between Fahrenheit and Celsius)

So here’s my overall thoughts. I really like this mod. For me it’s too big to cart around but at home it’s a pleasure to park next to me whatever I’m doing and puff away on. I have never had an experience with a genuine Vapor Flask but for the price if this thing is even close it’s a bargain!
    Last edited by Mr Young; 17-08-15 at 06:29 PM.
    Noe, Crisscross, bugzme and 6 others like this.

AVF Regular
    I love my vapor flask.
    If you want a warmer vape it works out of TC, just use a kanthal coil.
    Or Ti wire, and set the temp at 360F and about 32watts.
    Look for an online manual, the VF DNA40 have a good one.
    CCVaper and Mr Young like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by disley View Post
    I love my vapor flask.
    If you want a warmer vape it works out of TC, just use a kanthal coil.
    Or Ti wire, and set the temp at 360F and about 32watts.
    Look for an online manual, the VF DNA40 have a good one.
    Have you picked up a sleeve for it and if so where?

AVF Regular
    I have no sleeve, and I've dropped it a few times onto a tile floor.
    No damage to the VF, although the atty suffered.
    Mr Young likes this.

AVF Regular
    Nice thorough review Mr. Young.
    Mr Young likes this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Crisscross View Post
    Nice thorough review Mr. Young.
    Thanks Criss. I've been thinking about this and I reckon the key things I look for in a product I'm already interested in is evidence it actually works and isn't a dud. As well as value for money versus the alternatives cos I love a bargain and does it look cool. I'm a simple creature.

Quote Originally Posted by disley View Post
    I have no sleeve, and I've dropped it a few times onto a tile floor.
    No damage to the VF, although the atty suffered.
    Dings add character!

AVF Regular
    You are going to love the VF Mr Young. The battery life is great and it feels so comfortable to vape.
    Find your favourite tank and start using it on the VF all the time.
    I've used Ni and Ti coils in my Lemo tanks, and love how it vapes.
    I've read good reviews of the chip, so get some great vapes going.
    The rate new mods are arriving on the market, I don't worry about a little wear and tear.
    I have an original Lemo on my VF, in Temp Control the temperature is set on 360F, and the Ti coil registers 0.42ohms.
    I had it up to 32watts but have turned them down to 25watts, and it's pumping clouds with a 60/40 vg-pg juice.
    That's the settings I like to vape at.
    Adjust the settings to suit your personal preferences.
    Mr Young likes this.

AVF Regular
    Thanks! Great advice.

AVF Regular
    Hi Mr Young,
    Thank you for your review.
    I am very appreciate it.

In addition, if some one want to purchase,Pls Pm me, I would like to apply a coupon code for you.
    Thanks.
    Have a good day.
    Zarya
    Mr Young likes this.
    GearBest.com - Best Deals For E-Cigarette

AVF Regular
    I have maybe 12 mods that I use.
    The VF is a perennial favourite.
    I use them all when I'm home, with Ti coils in the 5 Lemo tanks I have, 2 original lemo tanks, and 3 lemo 2 tanks.
    I take the VF or the Heat vape Defender mod, with a lemo 2 tank and a Ti coil, or Delta II, with a full tank of juice when I go out.
    You can be sure you won't run out of battery power with the VF.
    The clones make owning a vapor flask mod accessible to everyone.
    With 2 pairs of batteries, for the VF exclusively, this mod should last for years.
    A great review Mr Young.
    Mr Young likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast