Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: New Hobart B&M Vape Shop

New Hobart B&M Vape Shop

I friend told me about a new B&M Vape shop opening up in the Hobart CBD and she was interested in getting some new equipment so we dropped by.

I think the sign just said ďE-cigarette StoreĒ. Itís located on the East side of the Elizabeth Street mall about 3 or 4 shops from Collins street, under a convenience store. This was the opening day so even though I have some comments to make (pro & con) that should be taken into consideration.

So, you walk down a dark stairwell into a shop painted all black. There is one long glass topped display cabinet about 5 meters long and an enthusiastic young man on a chair behind it. He was an employee, not an owner or partner. He was very helpful and patient and explained what he could to the best of his ability.

That last sentence: Heíd only been vaping a few months, never heard of Aspire and only just discovered sub tanks. Never heard of VCA, AVF, ECF, etc and was amazed that an atomiser can cost $100.00 +.

The stock was reasonable: standard range of starter kits; evod, Ego One, eleafs and other assorted VV/VW kit.
    Mostly sub ohm tanks and a few mechs even. Replacement coils, tool kits, Kanthal in 5 sizes and some DIY mixing gear. Stock looked good, there was at least three of everything except for things like mechs.

I say this with a bit of hesitation as he didnít figure out the display case internal lighting until just as we left.

He did carry juice but from what I could see they were 1:1 10ml bottles of a brand I couldnít make out.
    He said that as for nic you just add it to the bottle and he wasnít sure what a doubler was.
    I specifically asked about nic and congratulated him and the owner when he replied that they can not and will not sell nic.

Prices trended to the upper range of average. A pack of 5 Ego One CL 1.0Ω coils were $19.95 but once you add postage on that itís not far off of on line.

This was my first B&M vape shop experience (yes, yes, I donít get out much) and was a bit disappointed. Admittedly I was excited to go to a shop for the first time but let down by realising that Iím a mad wizard of deep vaping lore (not) compared to what I experienced. Please donít take my comments too seriously - all vapers have to start some place, all shops have to build a rep and following. Iíll have a look in in a few months and I hope I find a comfy couch, coffee machine, extractor fan, better lighting and decor. Overall Iíd give it a 7 for Hobart as at least one point is for it being there at all.
    Crisscross, Fatman, bugzme and 5 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Well done on giving them feedback and a few tips. Hopefully the young man finds his way on to here.
    Pipesub likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Young View Post
    Well done on giving them feedback and a few tips. Hopefully the young man finds his way on to here.
    i'm guessing that the owner is more clued in as he had to make the purchases. And I did give the young chap AVFs link
    steve.c and Mr Young like this.

AVF Regular
    Good job giving out the forum link,

He will no doubt pass this on to customers who require further education, providing his employer allows it.

Cheers
    steve.c and Pipesub like this.

AVF Regular
    I wonder if the owner has a twin brother?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not in need of peoples issues

Quote Originally Posted by hank View Post
    I wonder if the owner has a twin brother?

?????

(1234567890)

AVF Regular
    Old Tasmanian vendor joke.

Fatman and Pipesub like this.
    Not in need of peoples issues

AVF Regular
    Good review mate. Its good to hear another vape store opening up. They'll probably improve in time but its a start
    Pipesub likes this.

AVF Regular
    Their Ego One coils are a touch expensive from some other online venders,

I picked up CLR Ti coil packs at $17.95 each to go in my Genoa.

I won't mention where from as this thread is about another vender.

But in saying that they are fairly priced to bring Vaping into the reach for Tasmanians, all they need is Educated ammunition to hand out for the nay sayers.
    Pipesub likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bugzme View Post
    Their Ego One coils are a touch expensive from some other online venders,

I picked up CLR Ti coil packs at $17.95 each to go in my Genoa.

I won't mention where from as this thread is about another vender.

But in saying that they are fairly priced to bring Vaping into the reach for Tasmanians, all they need is Educated ammunition to hand out for the nay sayers.
    Hobart is such a fickle place for a small business. Especially a fringe product like vaping. Still, we've had the "Happy Herb Shop" here for several years - lol.
    I hope this guy can make a go of it though and maybe build a community: mini vape meets or some such.
    bugzme likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast