Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Noe
  • 2 Post By CMB
  • 2 Post By Melbournite

Thread: YouDe Prebuilt RBA coils

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.

YouDe Prebuilt RBA coils

Thanks to Best Vapor & Electronic Cigarette Deals - GearBest.com who provided this product free for review, today I have the opportunity to share my review of the YouDe Prebuilt RBA coils.
    The specific coils I was sent were the Clapton 0.6 ohm variety, although they also come in regular Kanthal coils in ohms of 0.3 ohm, 0.8 ohm & 1.0 ohm.
    The Clapton coils can be found here: Original Youde UD 50 Pieces Kanthal A1 Clapton Coil-15.36 and Free Shipping| GearBest.com
    The standard coils can be found here, where you can click to choose the ohm coils you want: Original Youde 50 Pieces 0.8ohm Kanthal Pebuilt Coils-8.99 and Free Shipping| GearBest.com

Package:
    The coils come in a small cardboard box, with 5 sealed plastic packets inside.
    In each packet are 10 coils, for a total of 50 coils per box.

Quality:
    The quality of these coils is quite good, I can not vouch for the standard type coils but going by the Clapton coil packet I opened & given that standard coils are easier to wind, I would have to say that they would also be well made.
    I only opened 1 packet, frankly I didn't see any point in opening all the packets to check each individual coil, 10 coils are enough to see what to expect.
    The coils are supposed to be wound as contact coils, meaning each wind touches the next. In the packet I opened 9 of the 10 did just that, some will need a minor adjustment to be perfect but it is no big deal.
    ! of the coils did not contact at all & was a spaced coil but it would still require little effort with a quick fire on a mod & some tweezers or pliers to fix, in fact there may be use for it as a spaced coil in a particular build.

I found no crossovers of the thinner gauge wire on the coils I inspected, this obviously won't be an issue at all with standard coils but is possible with Clapton coils.

Value:
    I think the value of these coils is pretty good, the Clapton coils cost about half again what the Standard coil packs cost but I could not be bothered making my own Clapton coils.
    They are quite time consuming to make when you consider setting up the tools required & winding the thinger gauge wire onto the thicker gauge wire, then there is also the possibility of getting the winds wrong & having to stop, unwind, then start again.

Even the standard coils seem to be good value to me, at around $10US per box of 50, that makes each coil's cost about $0.20 US or about $0.30AU at today's exchange rate.
    Obviously it is cheaper to buy a 10m roll of Kanthal & wind your own coils but we are talking about pre-wound, ready to install coils here. Not everyone has the time or inclination or know how or dexterity to wind their own coils.
    With these coils I can see where they may open up the possibility for some vapers to experience RBA's that otherwise would not be able to & in with that in mind I think they are fantastic value for some vapers.

In Use:
    Installing these coils is no more difficult than installing a regular RBA coil that you wound yourself. Simply fit the coil onto a small screwdriver or drill bit ( to help keep the coil together while installing), push the legs ( which are quite long for easy installation) through the post holes, screw the screws down & trim the excess wire with some wire cutters. You can then remove the screwdriver or drill bit, pulse fire the coil on a mod to see that it is firing correctly ( youtube has plenty of instructional videos for this) & pinch the coils with tweezers or pliers if needed, to adjust them.
    There you go, RBA coil ready to be wicked!

Conclusion:
    I really like these coils, I think they have the potential to help many vapers into the RBA side of vaping, that otherwise would not want to or be able to experience RBAs.
    IMO RBAs produce the best quality vapes of any atomiser devices, so if more vapers can experience this for themselves, that can only be a good thing.
    Thank you YouDe for making these products availble & thank you GearBest for allowing me to bring them to the attention of more vapers.
    Mr Young likes this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

CMB
    AVF Regular
    BrianS and Dhufish like this.

AVF Regular
    Mr Aussie #vapefamous
    RIP 22.12.2016

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by CMB View Post
    I don't quite get what you are trying to say, is it that you don't like the review or that you don't understand what it is about?
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    Good review Noe. I've had a Russian and a Kayfun Lite for about 18 months now and have never gotten around to learning how to make coils.

My excuse was that I needed reading glasses but I have then now and still haven't approached the task.

I might buy a pack and give it a whirl
    Noe and steve.c like this.