Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: VP ASP by Vape Prod

AVF Regular

VP ASP by Vape Prod

Back story

Quite a while ago I was determined to use aspire coils in cartomiser tanks. I had success with my DIY device but it was messy and make do and then aspire changed the wicking material to one I did not like. So I put it to the side and stopped tinkering with it.

I found a large supply of the old style aspire coils and had a reason to pick up the idea again. In the meantime a company started manufacturing a device that does the same thing. I purchased a couple and have been using them for the past week or so and decided to do a bit of a write up.

The device is called the VP Asp by Vape Prod

The idea is that the coil sit on top of a lip at the tube end and then is held in place by a small screw from the bottom. Internal tube pressure is managed by a SS bung that sits on the top of the coil opening.

Firstly let me say the device works well and it allows you to use aspire (non nautilus) BVC coils in standard tanks.

But......It has some failure points.

It is important you switch the O-ring on your coil for the supplied blue ring (or equivalent size) this o-ring helps seat the coil and stop it undoing itself from the threaded bottom screw. (Took me a few tanks dumps to get this)

In all the tanks I tried to use this in, I discovered you need to drop the device low enough that the holes in the tube are lower than the tank inner o-ring. Otherwise the air pressure will flood your coil. Top fill tanks like the SnP, bayou, X6 etc still require the dropping of the device before you open the little screws or covers so you may as well just fill through a car to filling tool. This device will not work easily in tanks like my elegance.

The Vape Prod device relies on airflow from the 510 connector. This is no different to regular cartomisers so tank users will be used to this. You must have tank or mod connector air channels lined up with the tiny holes above the threads in the Vape Prod device or use an airflow controller like the smoktech one. This airflow is less than these coils would normally work with so you will need to adjust your wattage to find an optimum vape.

The device itself is a reasonable price but shipping is expensive.

The device is only available in regular size (35mm)

Now to the tinkering part.

I am always looking for ways to make everything work with everything else. I have a lot of taller tanks that take XL cartomisers (45mm). Avid Vapers sell a carto extension that I have used in other things. For this particular project I needed to change the o-ring to a very snug fit. (It ain't going anywhere). To make sure it doesn't come apart when filling I use a loose filling tool to keep it all together.

Happy to say after a couple of days this adapted device and the coils are performing well.

Last edited by Crisscross; 08-10-15 at 11:57 AM.
    giruvian, Fatman and Dhufish like this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    A question for GT. the next leap is that if you change the pin out of the ego coils to an aspire pin. (Reverse of how you use aspire coils in the egrip) The ego coils should work in this as well

Super Moderator
    GT is Adelaiding it for the next few days .. so he might take a little while to get back ... I suspect after dinner tonight and a few ales he should be in fine form
    Crisscross likes this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    GT is Adelaiding it for the next few days .. so he might take a little while to get back ... I suspect after dinner tonight and a few ales he should be in fine form
    No probs, if that works then the ego one coils could work with this in the billet boxes.

And the circle is complete LOL
    Fatman likes this.

Super Moderator
    Might work with the CS coils but I doubt it'll work with the CLR coils, unfortunately

Written on 21st Century papyrus
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

AVF Regular
    I don't get the point of running an aspire coil in a carto tank. The aspire tanks hold plenty of juice and have airflow control. Whats the advantage?

Super Moderator
    Style ... you've seen her tanks, haven't you

Written on 21st Century papyrus
    Last edited by gtadmin; 08-10-15 at 11:17 PM.
    steve.c likes this.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.c View Post
    I don't get the point of running an aspire coil in a carto tank. The aspire tanks hold plenty of juice and have airflow control. Whats the advantage?
    I have four eliquids in rotation. One of them a Capella concentrate which I really like does not work in cartos something about it clogs up cartos in a snap of a finger. I have tried 14 different variations, brands, and hole configuration to no avail. Oddly enough this particular eliquid works beautifully in those aspire coils. I want to Vape this eliquid in my beautiful tanks but the carto issue makes it too hard. So I only want it for that eliquid.

It had driven all my investigations.

I luv cartos and my tanks so it was a bug bear to not be able to Vape this particular eliquid and I needed to solve it.
    steve.c likes this.

AVF Regular
    Intresting. A bit of new technology mixed with an old one... cool, very neat idea
    Crisscross likes this.

AVF Regular
    This is just one of a number of carto like products made for carto tanks and billet boxes. I have tried a lot of types for this particular eliquid and each have pros and cons. Plus I have invested my Vaping effort in my tanks I am interested in how they perform with my technique.

My other three liquids will stay in cartos. They are mixed specifically to optimise their taste and performance in cartos.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast