Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Anyvape FuryTank Review

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.

Anyvape FuryTank Review

Anyvape have been around for a while now & have brought out some interesting products.
    The FuryTank, is no exception, it has a particularly interesting feature.
    Today, thanks to vapor.gearbest.com who provided me with a FuryTank free for this review, I'll be reviewing Anyvape's subtank offering.

Unboxing:
    The Furytank comes in a clear plastic container, like so many new vape products do from a lot of different Chinese manufacturers. I quite like these plastic boxes, they can be easily re-purposed to hold other bits of vape gear & let you see with a quick glance what is inside.
    One thing I found a little strange was the addition of a bag of spares, not that that is unusual in itself, many vaping products come with a bag of spares. What I found strange was that it came outside of the plastic box & was held to the box with a plastic bag covering the box.
    Whether this is how all the Furytanks come or whether this is unique to GearBest's run of them, I am not sure.
    In the bag are a couple of spare screws, a Magic Blue Screwdriver (you can never have enough of these), some spare o-rings, 2 pre-made replacement coils for the RBA head & a sheet of organic cotton.

Inside the box there is of course the Furytank itself fitted with a 0.3 ohm coil head, a spare glass for the tank, the RBA head which has a 0.5 ohm coil & wick pre-installed, an instruction sheet & all of these are protected by a foam insert that sits inside the plastic box.
    The Furytank looked & smelled clean & free of machine oil etc. appart from around the grooves on the topcap, which looked to have a little polishing compound left behind in them.
    As I do with any new atomiser, regardless, I washed the parts in warm soapy water & allowed them to dry before use.

Filling:
    This is the feature of the FuryTank that makes it so interesting.
    It incorporates a piston design, to shut juice flow off completely when filling. In the normal vaping position juice flow is unimpeded, in my testing of the Furytank leaving the juice flow wide open caused no leaking or gurgling of any kind.

When needing to fill, the top cap is unscrewed from the piston section, allowing the piston to go down & seal off juice flow completely, where it meets a silicone seal. There is no need to close off or adjust the AFC & it is possible to leave the tank completely filled for hours with the top cap off & provided you don't knock the tank over, not have any leaks.
    Some other top filling tanks, I would not like to leave filled for much longer than it takes to fill them before closing the system back up, for fear of leakage, not so with the Furytank.
    Once the top cap is off, the fill slots on the Furytank are wide enough that you could pour eliquid into the tank, from a screw cap bottle & any type of dripper bottle will work too.
    When done filling, you simply screw the top cap back onto the tank & the piston opens up the juice flow again.

I believe it would be possible to use this piston system to close off the juice flow & prevent leaking when traveling by plane for example, where the changes in air pressure often cause other tanks to have some leakage.
    By unscrewing the top cap, it is possible to get the piston resting on the silicone seal, without unseating the top cap completely, in theory this should work for preventing leakage due to changes in air pressure, however I have had no way to test this.

Continued below.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Noe
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.

Furytank in use:

I have had no leaks, seeps or condensation issues with the Furytank, with either the disposable or RBA coils, it is one of the driest tank systems I have used in that regard.
    The Furytank has 2 types of AFC, it has the traditional AFC that passes air over/through the coil, which is 4 slots on an adjustable ring at the bottom of the tank, providing plenty of airflow & which I never had open above 1/2 way. Then it also has an AFC at the top near the drip tip, on the top cap, this I did not use, as I have never liked this kind of AFC on any device.
    Like other similar AFCs that kick in after the coils it is designed to cool the vape but IME, while it does that it also dilutes the flavor of my vape. Obviously enough vapers find this type of AFC suits them because more manufacturers are including it in their designs but it is a feature that doesn't interest me at all.

The replaceable coil head included is 0.3 ohm (shown at the top of the side view pic) & is probably not ideal for beginners or tootle puffers, it is a shame that a higher ohm coil was not also included in the package, even a 0.5 - 0.8 ohm coil would suit more vapers. Having said that, the included coil performs well, no dry hits & the AFC can be adjusted up or down to accommodate different vaping styles.
    Finding replacement coils, of any ohm rating, for this tank at present, is not easy. Most vendors do not have any & even GearBest at present do not have them.
    I spoke with a GearBest rep about this & they assured me that they have been in contact with Anyvape & will be carrying replacement coils in the near future.

The RBA head (bottom of side view pic above) comes pre-installed with a 0.5 ohm coil, which I used & found more enjoyable than the 0.3 ohm pre-built coil (my preferred coil range is 0.5 - 1.0 ohm). I did take the RBA apart to clean before use but this wasn't really necessary it came very clean from the factory, I would not bother cleaning it if I had a new one out of the package in front of me now.
    However, I do recommend taking it apart to see how the wick is put into the RBA head, duplicating that is going to be very important if you want to avoid leaks & is best done with a dry wick, rather than after it has been used & needs replacing.

The RBA head worked very well with the provided coil(s) but I wanted to see if I could get better performance out of it by using a vertical chimney coil.
    When I took the old coil out & was ready to start building on the deck, I noticed that the negative post had a slight lean in towards the air hole. Given that the area between the posts was not great I tried to straighten the post up, to allow for better installation of coil & wick. This is when I discovered that the negative post is press fitted into the deck, by trying to straighten the post it became a little loose, not terrible but enough to annoy me.
    I tried screwing the neg post with pliers, hoping it was threaded, it wasn't & this just made it worse, so I ended up with a neg post that now sits beside the deck, rather than on the deck.
    This is quite disappointing, especially since I can't seem to find replacement RBA heads anywhere.
    It would have been better if Anyvape had milled the neg post into the deck or at least used a threaded neg post & screwed it in, if they had I would not now have an unusable RBA section for the Furytank.

Overall:
    The Furytank has a lot going for it, it is not as expensive as most other subtanks on the market, it performs well with the included coils.
    It does not leak when refilling (there was an issue with leaking with the first batch of these, which Anyvape corrected in subsequent batches) & has a very innovative top filling system, which is easy to use.
    It holds around 5ml, enough juice to last a lot of vapers a full day & means no need to constantly refill.
    It also looks good & is made of stainless steel, with a glass tank, like many other subtanks.

Most of the cons I have already gone over, the RBA section could be an issue, however I feel that what happened with mine is mostly my own fault, provided you do not try to move the negative post, it should perform well for quite some time.
    The top AFC isn't really a con but it may be for some, however this closes up completely & is not an issue in normal use.
    This brings me to the one other con I do have, the top AFC has a small screw, which protruces into the airway, with the included 510 Drip Tip this is not a problem. However, I tested some of my various DTs in the tank, some did not sit all the way in, hitting that screw on the bottom of the DT, this included my favorite DTs. Some of my other DTs did work in it as well as the included DT but these I hardly use, I have a preferred type of DT, which I use on almost all my tanks.
    I can see the reason this screw was used, without it the top AFC would just spin & that would mean there is no way to open & close the tank when filling, since this is what is gripped when removing the top cap.
    The screw could however be made to sit flush with the inner wall of the airway & still serve the same purpose, without limiting my choice or DT to use on it.
    I could probably cut & file the screw down myself but I should not have to, this should have been given consideration at the design stage & would take the factory mere seconds to rectify on the production line.

All things considered, if you get this tank you will not be unhappy with it, it does what it is supposed to do, it is well made for the most part & it will last.
    I would love to see this type of top fill used in some other tank systems, I really think this is one of the best, if not the best top fill system I have used to date.
    The one major draw back is not having replacement coils available to purchase at the same time as the Furytank & you may want to wait until they are available before taking the plunge.
    CCVaper likes this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

AVF Regular
    Good review as usual noe! Long but an intresting read... cheers!
    Noe likes this.

AVF Regular
    It's useless without replacement coils.
    and not very good with the coil it comes with, I didn't get an rba with it.
    Probably the worst tank I've tried in a long time, I can't even give it away.
    If you live near Marrickville come and take it please.
    steve.c, akef38 and CCVaper like this.

Noe
    Quote Originally Posted by disley View Post
    The first batch of them had problems & didn't come with the RBA, Anyvape listened to feedback & improved them on subsequent runs.
    I know that doesn't make you feel any better about it but that's the price you sometimes pay for being an early adopter.
    As I said in my review, GearBest has told me that they will be getting in the replacement coils, how soon I do not know.
    Essie's Glass DTs

AVF Regular
    Atlantis V1 & V2 as well as the Triton coils are all cross compatible with the Fury tank Disley.
    Noe and steve.c like this.

AVF Regular
    I have an Atlantis coil in it.
    You can get great dry hits from the fury, that's about it.

AVF Regular
    I was a bit harsh on the fury after experiencing a dry hit.
    I've replace the coil it came with, and used an Atlantis coil, and so far my throat is still intact.
    So sorry to contradict your review Noe.
    The Fury tank isn't all bad, it does seem to work with the Atlantis coil.
    Last edited by disley; 18-10-15 at 12:50 PM.
    Noe likes this.

Noe
    I was a bit harsh on the fury after experiencing a dry hit.
    I've replace the coil it came with, and used an Atlantis coil, and so far my throat is still intact.
    So sorry to contradict your review Noe.
    The Fury tank isn't all bad, it does seem to work with the Atlantis coil.
    It's all good mate, we all experience things differently & like I said, Anyvape improved upon the original batch that was sent out.
    The original stock coil I got has been working fine, just a little lower in ohms than I'd like.
    The main feature of this tank IMO is the innovative top fill design, which prevents any leaks while refilling, it's really a great system, they should continue to develop new products incorporating it.
    Essie's Glass DTs

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Great review but How can I know if its first or second batch

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast