Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Smoketech Revive DCT Replacement Atomiser

AVF Regular

Smoketech Revive DCT Replacement Atomiser

Another one in my round of carto tank devices. I purchased a few of these from MadVapes along with the propriety drip tip. US$2.49 atomiser and US$2 drip tip.

Revive DCT Replacement Atomizer, 2.0 Ohm, Dual Coil | Madvapes

Initial thoughts.

The atomiser is built like a cartomiser on steroids. Walls are double thickness and the air holes (4) on the 510 base and the internal eliquid flow holes (4) are double the normal size. The machining is excellent with no sharp edges to cut o-rings. The device is made for tanks that take 45mm cartos and has the obligatory Smok bottom flange.

This atomiser is designed to have a nautilus like coil/ vertical coil inside a cartomizer like tube. It does not have the same filling material as a cartomiser but relies on a material wrapping of the coil that sits up against the eliquid intake holes for eliquid flow. Similar to the Boge RCB cartomizers and the original Imist atomisers.

Unfortunately the atomiser has a proprietary threaded drip tip that must be bought separately and the only other option to use for shorter tanks is to pair it with an external drip tip such as the external lips made by byleo.

I was warned that the tube diameter was slightly larger than normal cartomisers but had no trouble putting them in tanks using a carto plunger to clear the o-rings.

Usage.

I tested this in a few different tanks. All had very good o-rings and air pressure was stable. We also had a significant change in temperature during the week and no difference was noticed.

Initial priming. The instructions mention simply fill the tank, wait 30secs and vape. I was more cautious. I primed with a drop or two and waited a few mins. I was also cautious with starting on a lower power setting and working my way up slowly to optimum power. The atomiser measures 2.0ohm and for our eliquid ratio 70/30 PG/VG the wattage was best at 9w.

It was immediately obvious that with the amount of airflow available and a wider bore drip tip, these atomisers are a lung hit device. A quick note.....with any device that has airflow through the 510 connector you will get differing results depending on how deep you screw down your tank. eg. Huge airflow on an ego type battery, reduced on a presa. Also a little tip if you want to reduce airflow on these add a tiny thin oring above the threads on the 510 connector.

This atomiser worked extremely well with longer lung hits. The vape is warm and a surprisingly large volume of dense vapour. I would say at least double if not more that of a cartomiser. Which also means you will be going through eliquid at double the speed. The nicotine content of the eliquid I used needed to be halved. I have not tested with high VG so there maybe some wicking issues that I was not aware of.

The taste is very clean and crisp. Similar to a settled in BVC coil. There is no spitting of hot eliquid at this wattage or PG/VG ratio. I also don't know the wick composition but based on the taste and the way it is wicking I am assuming it is silica of sorts.

Because of the proprietary drip tip you cannot use a carto filling tool so you need either a top filling tank or a needle top bottle to fill.

Opinion.

I would hesitate to recommend this atomiser to a mouth to lung vaper. There is too much air and you need to tinker or put it on a device with a deep 510 connector or limited air channels which then impacts the heat of the Atomizer and vape. However for a lung hit vaper I think these are an excellent option. It's attractive to people who want to use carto tanks but are frustrated with the lack of vapour and air.

The device works best in the taller tanks. Using a short tank (with an external drip tip) tended to heat the vapour which is not to my liking.

I don't yet know how long the coil will last but after a week of heavy vaping with spearmint ice there is no change in ohms, flavour or vapour production. It has also not leaked or flooded and has been in constant use during the week and treated the same as any other carto tank.

Pros
    Enables Lung Hit vapers to use carto tanks.
    Clean crisp flavour
    Comparable vapour production to rebuildable cartomisers like a diver & Sophia
    Reasonable price for the quality received.

Cons.
    Proprietary SS drip tip.
    Unknown wick and wadding composition.
    Pricey compared to cartomisers (my opinion might change on this if it has longevity compared to cartomisers)
    Only available for tanks that take 45mm cartomizers (Unless you have an external drip tip)
    Maybe tight in some tanks (I did not find this)
    Last edited by Crisscross; 16-10-15 at 11:16 AM.
    gtadmin, Fatman, btobw and 4 others like this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    Good review, dig it.

AVF Regular
    Nice one cc. I suppose it depends on the longevity of the coil. I get 10 days - 2 weeks out of the standard carto so if its topping that along with superior performance as you've noted they might be the way to go for carto users. Don't know about the proprietary threaded drip tip, that would put me off purchasing though. Why would they thread it at the end? Sound like just a way to squeeze some extra $$ from consumers.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.c View Post
    Nice one cc. I suppose it depends on the longevity of the coil. I get 10 days - 2 weeks out of the standard carto so if its topping that along with superior performance as you've noted they might be the way to go for carto users. Don't know about the proprietary threaded drip tip, that would put me off purchasing though. Why would they thread it at the end? Sound like just a way to squeeze some extra $$ from consumers.
    These have been out for a while and were a response to the complaint that tanks could easily flip of the top of the cart. There was a wave of things released to lock the tank down. The drip tip itself is quite nice, SS and very well made, threads are excellent for such a cheap product. It would not stop me using the Atomizer if it performs but I do like versatility so it's something to consider.

If I introduced these to our vaping on a regular basis I would ask GT to help me with an delrin adapter that threads to the Atomizer but has normal driptip opening. That way I could use any driptip. I also have some stackable driptips that I could thread one end as a solve. I would need to know the internal threading but it seems an easy fix.

AVF Regular
    I accidentally found out that the threading is the same as a 510 connection. Not sure if that makes it easier or harder to make an adapter but I have some shells of adapters and bases for cartos that could work. I might have a tinker next week when I understand their life span.
    Fatman likes this.

Super Moderator
    Easier

Just adds approximately 7mm to the length.

Written on 21st Century papyrus
    Last edited by gtadmin; 17-10-15 at 11:38 AM.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by gtadmin View Post
    Easier

Just adds approximately 7mm to the length.

It's was funny. I was looking at the drip tip trying to think about what the thread size was and I had a spinner just sitting there so I just screwed the drip tip to the battery LOL dumb luck or genius

If I sliced off the normal bottom part of a drip tip and bored it out a bit..... I could press fit one of the carto thread shells I have.
    I would want to be sure before I destroyed a favourite drip tip though.

Super Moderator
    I was thinking that you grab a 510-510 adaptor and drill the female end out to 8.5mm ... after removing the pin of course

Or a cut down carto ...

Last edited by gtadmin; 17-10-15 at 12:25 PM.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by gtadmin View Post
    I was thinking that you grab a 510-510 adaptor and drill the female end out to 8.5mm ... after removing the pin of course

Or a cut down carto ...

No need. When I was playing around with my adapter I picked up some DIY atomizer bottoms from HC they are just the shell of the threads. No need to drill or cut or anything.

http://www.healthcabin.net/index.php...u_list_id=7875
    Last edited by Crisscross; 17-10-15 at 12:31 PM.

Super Moderator
    And an eensie teenie bit of carto tube ... press the atomiser bottom into one end, drip tip slips into the other
    Crisscross likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast