Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By Bassman
  • 1 Post By stylemessiah
  • 1 Post By steve.c
  • 1 Post By Bassman

Thread: Aura mini by vape only, first impressions.

AVF Regular

Aura mini by vape only, first impressions.

Hi guys, welcome to my first vape review.

I've had the Aura mini for two days now, so time to give my first impressions.

Heaven gifts kindly provided the vaporizer for me via the forum comp on AVF. It comes in the type of packaging you would expect to see on a quality authentic rig. A nice "gift" style box similar to what you would receive an ego one in. Opening the box I found a nicely finished product which was pleasing to the eye, stainless and chrome parts accentuate a glossy black rig. Included is a charging cable, two 0.5 Ohm coils, instruction manual and a baggie containing an alternate tip and spare o-rings. All in all a nice package.

The Aura mini has some very different design ideas. Vape only has cleverly turned the tank essentially upside down. The air inlet and air control ring sit on top of this tank. They are removable allowing for a top filling tank. Even the coil comes out with the top assembly. This leaves you with a "bucket" to fill. So no trying to squirt juice between the coil and atty walls. You don't even have to remove the tank from the battery to fill it. Easy peasy and a great idea.

So how does this work out in practice? I'll list the positives first.

As mentioned, filling is simple and quick.

With the air inlet open you will receive large plumes of warm vape. The unit is big on flavour. TFA cola at 5% tasted quite strong and was more cola than I expected. With VG at 60% I chain vaped to try to get a burnt taste and I did not. The coils wick well, I gave up when the tank started to feel hot. This is a great vaping experience. With the air inlet closed to the max I still got decent clouds. Just warmer, with more drawing resistance.

There are problems here too. Unless kept upright the tank leaks. The e-juice comes out from the top at a decent rate when lying on it's side. It appears to be leaking from the flow adjustment ring.

Another problem is the tip. The tips are female connections rather than the standard male type 510 tips I'm used to. They just don't have enough to hang onto. The "sippy cup" style tip isn't too bad. It still comes off far too easily. The more standard looking SS tip that came with the rig just won't stay on. I have had it stick to my lip and come off the tank after a puff. It's just not workable.

So as a round up I have to say I love the ideas and performance going on here. It's just the design feels incomplete.

Thankyou Heaven Gifts for the opportunity to try this rig.

I'm looking forward to the mark 2 version when the bugs get ironed out. Good on you for thinking outside the box.
    Crisscross, Fatman and shaneo like this.

AVF Regular
    Damn you almost had me at sippy cup, everyone should have a mid life regression....
    Bassman likes this.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Pushing back against the vendor wall, one damn stupid post at a time...

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 13/10/17

AVF Regular
    Nice review bassman. The design looks good, but the leaking would kill it for me. How much juice does it hold? And i assume their proprietary coils only for the tank?
    Bassman likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.c View Post
    Nice review bassman. The design looks good, but the leaking would kill it for me. How much juice does it hold? And i assume their proprietary coils only for the tank?
    Yes, the coils are proprietary vape-only "luft" coils. The tank is 2ml. The battery is 1450 MaH. Thanks for the tips, I totally overlooked specs in my review.

The leaking killed it for me. I can't really take it anywhere because I can't ensure the unit will stay upright.
    steve.c likes this.