Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Genesis Line Clone first impressions

I was excited about getting my hands on this and just wanted to share my first impressions.

I had watched Zen's how-to for the Zenesis (which I'm in the queue for, mid-March maybe?) so preparing the coil was pretty easy! Took 5 mins max and that's only because I was still a bit sleepy.

I went for 5 loops at first and on my Lava Tube, it would barely fire at 6V so I snipped 1 loop off and now it's great.

Wicking Boba's Bounty for extra challenge (and because that's the nicest juice I still have on hand while I wait for others to steep)

Not quite as dense hits as I get off my i06 of course, but flavour is excellent. Easily on par with my trusty Ikenvape!

It does seem perhaps a bit on the fragile side so I won't be shoving it in my pocket willy-nilly. The next time I wind a coil I'll put an extra loop around the copper contact because after I got the coil going it suddenly stopped firing on me, I suspect that's because it wasn't contacting one of the copper wires fully, a little wiggle and it was fine again. I'm a little wary of the copper in there but I'm sure I can keep it clean to avoid green e-juice.

I'd rate this atty 7 out of 10 it's definitely not bad!

Upon further inspection, my coil isn't completely firing so I might need to oxidize it just a bit more, it did get wiggled around a bit and might have nudged some contact on the wick. I'll give it some love after I pick up the little one from school.

if you have a hot spot on the wire, then its got 2 shorts to the wick, one where the hotspot ends and the other elsewhere, nudging with a toothpick usually works. if it had only one short, it would not glow.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

AVF Regular
    I'm fairly happy with mine. Have pulled it completely apart and have to see its a clever use of easily accessible bits.

Interesting thing with it is that froat 'it can be cranked up by reducing the flow through the air hole. Have had no shorts and no dead coils.

It's unlikely to replace my carto tanks at this stage but its nice having something around you can just rebuild as needed if all else fails.
    CO, Vapers Against Government Interference in Nictotine Acquisition - Military Wing.

oxidized the wick a little extra and it's going like a champ now, I tried with some finer nichrome wire I got with a MadVapes order and that sucker popped because I forgot the lava tube was cranked up to 6V hahah

Still more experimenting to be done :-) after I give my 2nd attempt a chance to break in and see how it goes

Mine came while I was at work up north. Been sitting at home waiting for me to arrive. Two more days. Damn it.

-s

If anything the draw is a little on the stiff side for my taste, I was expecting a more airy draw... decent throat hit with 12mg juice but I like a softer TH myself, a little is fine but too much is unpleasant for me

Flavour is the thing that impresses me the most, Boba's Bounty is tasting as good with this as it does in my i06 :-)

One thing I'm noticing is that the unit leaks out of the bottom a little. I haven't tried taking it completely apart so not sure if this can be corrected but I'm hoping so.

Yep, mine leaks a little. As a knock off it is not in same league as the Line.

RC

AVF Regular
    talk to the sloth.
    Quote Originally Posted by zainwolf View Post
    One thing I'm noticing is that the unit leaks out of the bottom a little. I haven't tried taking it completely apart so not sure if this can be corrected but I'm hoping so.
    RIP VP

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast