Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Kangertech Subox Nano

AVF Regular

Kangertech Subox Nano

I was the fortunate recipient of this as a PIF'd prize from the gearbest giveaway. Thank you to both FM and gearbest for the opportunity to try this.

First impressions

The kit comes in a neat presentation box complete with the kbox nano, a subtank nano, charging cable and instructions/warranty card.

This is my first try of any kanger products and I have to say I am very impressed with the quality of the kbox nano. It has a nice solid weight in the hand and the slight curves in the body fit perfectly in my hand. I could see how this might be a bit small for someone with larger hands. The menu system is very simple and intuitive. Buttons have a nice clicky feedback which I prefer.

Firstly I used the kbox itself with various toppers and all immediately fired without delay. I did notice that while in wattage mode the current voltage does not show on the menu. Not a biggie but it was something I would have expected to see. The other thing that is a bit odd is that the positive side of the battery is facing down. A bit of a trap to be wary off however reverse cell protection is one of its features.

The kbox nano is only 18.6mm wide at the front of the device so IMO this limits what looks good. Stay at the mini tanks or clearo 18.5 to 16mm and the device looks smartly elegant, anything larger will overhang and look clunky. Because of the nice weight to the kbox itself even taller SS tanks were not top heavy and I did not feel as though it would fall over easily.

The 510 standard connection does not have an adjustable pin but nothing I tried had any difficulty firing. Generous air channels cut into the top of the connector gives you more than enough air for those toppers (like cartos or xplora's that need airflow through the bottom or 510 threads.

The battery door is held on by magnets and was not at all loose during normal vaping. Venting is through a laser cut Kanger emblem in the battery door. You can see the battery through this cutout and that was a bit off putting. Fortunately there were some coloured strips that match the device that you can use to disguise the battery if you so desire.

There is a facility to charge through a micro USB port but I always charge my batteries external to the mod. (Official specs listed below)

This was also my first vape on a subtank of any kind. The nano tank that came with the kit included a 1.5ohm coil. The tank appears well made and does match the colour of the kbox very well. I did fill the tank and start to vape it but as a mouth to lung vaper this did not suit me at all. Even on the smallest setting there was too much air.

Overall I think this is a neat little box mod. For those looking for reduced airflow then the tank can be swapped out for something more restrictive like the minis.... protanks, aerotanks, genitanks, cerotanks etc.

Some pics.

TLDR:

Specifications

The product and specifications can be found at Original Kanger SUBOX Nano Starter Kit-51.91 and Free Shipping| GearBest.com
    Last edited by Crisscross; 22-12-15 at 12:51 PM.
    gtadmin, Fatman, btobw and 4 others like this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    If you swap out the drip tip for something quite narrow it definately cuts back the airflow and definately increases the flavour.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by nicoandlaughter View Post
    If you swap out the drip tip for something quite narrow it definately cuts back the airflow and definately increases the flavour.
    Yes I tried that.....still too airy and I have lots of other gear that I would pick over it.

AVF Regular
    Nice review , especially from a mtl person it's pretty much subox mini with a nano tank on it, it's afc is same as mini I've used exclusively over last 6 mths. Even with a narrow bore tip airflow turn to smallest I'm using 1.2 coil atm there are much better tanks for mtl by the looks from other reviews neat starter just the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Crisscross likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Berowra vaper View Post
    Nice review , especially from a mtl person it's pretty much subox mini with a nano tank on it, it's afc is same as mini I've used exclusively over last 6 mths. Even with a narrow bore tip airflow turn to smallest I'm using 1.2 coil atm there are much better tanks for mtl by the looks from other reviews neat starter just the same

It interesting IMO that tanks are either or. However tight you make the airflow it still needs a different technique. I read where people were using vapebands with tiny holes in them as a way of tightening the airflow. I have some small ones coming so I will try and let people know how it goes.

AVF Regular
    I really like the no nonsense look and feel of the Kanger stuff. The bigger Subox Mini kit I bought was my first more serious bit of gear and I found it exeptional. So I have big soft spot for it and Kanger.

Thanks for the review Chrisx
    Last edited by Mr Young; 24-12-15 at 09:24 PM.
    Crisscross likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Young View Post
    I really like the no nonsense look and feel of the Kanger stuff. The bigger Subox Mini kit I bought was my first more serious bit of gear and I found it exeptional. So I have big soft spot for it and Kanger.

Thanks for the review Chisx
    It is a neat little devise and I would have no problems setting a new vaper up with it.

I have PIF'd for a different type of vaper to have a try so maybe after Christmas they will add their two cents. This could be a perpetual tryout kit. LOL
    Nicaholic likes this.

AVF Regular

Kangertech Subox Nano

Dnt forget this is the same subox mod as mini kit they've just doing bundle with nano tank instead .it's not a KBOX it has lower max watts has flat edge face made from aluminium not alloy and stands taller than the mini so imho mini mod much better built

Last edited by Berowra vaper; 26-12-15 at 11:48 AM.

AVF Regular
    thanks for the review.
    this was on my wishlist for portability or even just the nano tank to pair with an istick
    but as a MTL vaper, i'd have to scratch this off the list.

I may have to go with the sense herakles hydra.
    Crisscross likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by andron View Post
    thanks for the review.
    this was on my wishlist for portability or even just the nano tank to pair with an istick
    but as a MTL vaper, i'd have to scratch this off the list.

I may have to go with the sense herakles hydra.
    I take very small vaping hits (2-3 secs max) so if you MTL with a longer vape then the tank may work for you. If I have learnt anything with vaping is that your technique matches specific specifications and even though it's too airy for me you may find a setting that tweaks it for you, However the Kbox mini is excellent. Simple effective and an even vape.
    Last edited by Crisscross; 25-12-15 at 09:57 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast