Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Video reviews

AVF Regular

Video reviews

Hey team,
    Just doing a few searches on YouTube for good reviewers of gear and juice.
    Shortlist with pros and cons are as follows

Indoor smokers: seems like a genuine fella, but his puns are terrible. Every day gear for every day people. Too bad it's all US based.

Pbusario (can I taste your juice guy)
    Very in depth, but come on. 60 minute videos for an atty and mod review? At least put chapters in your description so I can fast forward to the point I want to watch.

RIPtrippers
    If I was 18, I'd think he was "sick as tits..."
    From a technical point of view, he is ace. If I'm looking at coils or rebuildables, this is my go to channel. For basic gear and juice reviews I'll watch someone else.
    But maybe I'm just beard jealous...

BoganVaper?
    Good to see an Aussie having a crack, but I can't watch him at home with the kids round. Not really family appropriate. However vaping is an adults activity and children should not be exposed so they shouldn't be watching anyway.

Anyone else I should look at?
    What do you all look for in a reviewer?

Hak
    AVF Regular
    Give MikeVapes a look he is on my list of good reviewers
    Fatman and Fluffyvapingclouds like this.

AVF Regular
    Suck my mod, vaping with twisted 420, grimm green and ruby roo for more classic reviews. Then there's plumes of hazard which is more of a podcast and todds reviews for high end gear. Those and what have been mentiomed earlier are pretty much all of the vaping content id watch.

AVF Regular
    What is it about those vloggers you enjoy?

AVF Regular
    The classic reviewers have very similar format. Intro of product>close up>technical>final thoughts. So theyre just used to quickly skim through and see if id like to purchase the product reviewed.

Plumes of hazard ill watch every now and then or put it on in the background while i do other stuff. Just a bunch of blokes enjoying their vapes and talking about vaping.

Todds reviews i watch because its one of the only sources i know of for high end gear. Hes also got a lot of squonking related content if i remember correctly.

Edit: i knew i forgot someone! A bloody good vaping! As pointed out by haza
    Last edited by jneffekt; 20-01-16 at 06:41 AM.
    Holmesy likes this.

AVF Regular
    Check out Daniel's Videos - DJLsb Vapes https://www.youtube.com/user/DJLsbTech his video's are pretty clearly shot if you can get past his accent (mind you people think we are hard to understand) he does do some pretty good videos.

I like PBusardo's stuff but you're right sometimes they are like eating cardboard - so damn long that the V2 has already shipped by the time his video's finish

Grimm Green - Again his video's started out ok and then they sorta have devolved as he has moved to support his fan base I suppose - I srill rate Nick, just his fans are the cloud blowing "Sigelli Army" that are really only interested in 1.21 jigawatt mods and attys with 8mm of airflow with quad clapton coils at .00001 ohms "CLOUDS BRO".

Rip Trippers - has became a caricature of himself - some of his older stuff was good but then he started building crap like " double micro twisted fused caption dragon table top coils " and other random crap and the whole "sick as tits" thing just looses me I'm afraid - I used to think he was the reason why the advocacy groups where ignored by the "adults" but I was wrong........

Vaping with Twisted 420 - This guy is the reason we are all doomed - check him out https://www.youtube.com/user/VapingwithTwisted420. Now here's a guy that has a Ninja Turtles Poster and now even a life size Ninja Turtle that he features in his video's he even starts every video looking like he's having some kind of fit proclaiming 'What's going on You Tube" <Insert Fit> "Vaping with Twisted 420 has returned". He has not been without his fair share of drama (calling Rip Trippers Out) and he just reviews anything and professes his love of clones that is until his idea for a mod (which was ugly as sin) was ripped off by china and he then went on to post some crazy butt hurt video about being "ripped off" - sux doesn't it - oh that's right "there's nothing wrong with clones".

For old school video's you can always try Scott Bonner's (Igetcha69) stuff https://www.youtube.com/user/igetcha69 His video's are kind of the "Gold Standard" I guess they are clear and his descriptions are very good - I honestly think he uses the devices considerably before he does the review as apposed to the others on the net who have to be first - use the thing for two seconds and put the review up on you tube so that they are first when it comes to the search engine results. Be aware though if you watch some of his early stuff it may induce a sudden urge to go and brush your teeth

At the end of the day your going to get someones opinions (most of them are influenced by who gave them the thing IMO)a lot of the newer reviewers just smash things out without using stuff and there are particular reviewers that I hate that tell you everything is awesome because I think they are too shit scared to offend anyone and they just love everything an example that springs to mind is the vapour chronicles https://www.youtube.com/user/llsaviorxll if there ever was a guy that was all about self promotion and leading a spooky cult of followers it would have to be https://www.youtube.com/user/pegasus1337 watch some of his videos - he is scary

This guy that does BAM Vaping Reviews makes me want to punch my screen because he clearly is the type of kid that got beat up at school https://www.youtube.com/user/bamvaping his video's are more of a "look at what I have" high end mod reviews - he seems to have stopped making videos (no massive loss) - he is just like an itch that you can't scratch (annoying as F@#K)

For the high end stuff look at A bloody Good Vaping https://www.youtube.com/user/ABloodyGoodVaping I really don't know how he keeps a straight face doing his reviews though - there are only so many C Frames and overpriced chunks of stabilized wood with a DNA 40 chip that you can look at - LOL Mind you he does pay for most / some of the mods - even if he does jump the ques and not have to wait half a life time on some random un-ending list or kiss everybody's arse on some Facebook group to get the mod.

What I'd love to see is a / an Australian reviewer that had good content and actually paid for all of his mods - nothing free for review and if something was a POS they would tell you because they had laid their hard earned money on the line. Oh and I might add they would actually use the hell out of the mod or atty or whatever for an extended period of time and actually show you the flaws with the thing like bad threading / leaking or even paint falling off like on the Vapor Sharks or SX Mini's - un sugar coated and raw if somethings crap just come right out and say it. Nobody does that better than Aussies
    Holmesy likes this.

AVF Regular
    Hey Holmesy,
    check out Pauly Meatballs reviews.
    He does slide show reviews which are quite good for a change of pace from the normal style.
    Slothy likes this.

AVF Regular
    igetcha69 is a great reviewer.
    floorzone2 and lheamfrg like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by bk_renesis View Post
    igetcha69 is a great reviewer.
    probably the best still
    floorzone2 and bk_renesis like this.

AVF Regular
    agree about scott
    no-one does reviews better really.