Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Veppo- VEX and ecig starter kit

AVF Regular

Veppo- VEX and ecig starter kit

My first purchase of an ecig was from Veppo ( Personal Vaporizers and Electronic cigars| VeppoCig.com ).
    First I bought an ecig starter kit along with a pack of refillable cartomizers. One thing that has to be said for them is that they did get me off the smokes. But the refillable cartomizers would leak and it is not nice getting a mouthful of eliquid! Also, I had to get in touch with the company multiple times due to defective cartomizers, crap batteries and even the eliquid having little bits of sediment in it!
    I needed a bigger, stronger hit so after chatting to the staff online, decided to buy the biggest hitter they have- the VEX ( The VEX Extreme Mod Personal Vaporizer ). Again, multiple problems. More eliquid with floating weird sediment in it, the parts of the device getting stuck together, the glass tank easily smashing when trying to get the pieces of the thing apart to clean or fill with eliquid. They do have excellent customer service though and have sent me 3 replacement VEX vaporizers along with a load of free eliquid and atomizers. The thing is though, I would be happy with poor customer service and having a product that doesn't have so many faults.
    And the prices! When I got on this forum and had a look around I was flabbergasted at how much money they had gorged from me. $24 US for 30mls of eliquid, $140 for the VEX which is just all rebranded Kangertech stuff. An extra tank- $45, a 3400MAH battery- $25!!!! I found the exact same battery on another site someone suggested for $4! Dual coil atomizer 5 pack- $20! The gouging list goes on...
    Also, the eliquid tastes terrible. The plain tobacco flavor is the only one which has a bit of a neutral taste, but it tastes nothing like tobacco. The 32mg of tobacco tastes like bin juice and there are a couple of other flavours that I just can't stand either. But when the price is so high I feel like it may as well be liquid gold I'm flushing away.
    To top this all off, they monitor the reviews for the products and if there is an unfavorable review (like of someone cutting their hand on glass breaking because of poor design) they will not allow it to be posted for others to read. So basically you come into the site and see all these positive reviews and think- wow! They must be really good. Just a marketing scheme which is no doubt making the owner an absolute fortune.
    If there is anyone out there who can help me by suggesting a better vaporizer I would really appreciate it! There are so many to choose from, I just want one that can handle a few hundred puffs a day and not need a complete clean and atomizer change every 2 days!

AVF Regular
    Sorry to hear about the gouging NMS but don't feel bad, it's happened to most of us.
    This may be usefull based on what you have stated so far
    eGo One Mega Kit - Silver/Black - Free Shipping! | VapourEyes
    $60 bucks for the full kit, and replacement coils are relatively cheap.

Alternatively, google an i stick 30 watt mod, and kanger subtank mini.
    The subtank uses replaceable pre built coils but also has a rebuildable deck section should you want to have a go at building your own.

Plenty of you tube vids on both options.

You may also want to look into importing some nic, and mixing your own juice with local concentrates.
    HiLIQ - Wholesale E Cigarette Liquid , Buy liquid nicotine online, Buy E liquid nicotine wholesale
    The Vape Shop NZ | E-LIQUID | VAPING SUPPLIES | E-CIGARETTES
    https://www.myfreedomsmokes.com/
    All have good reviews here

I personally have purchased from hiliq and the vape shop NZ and can vouch for both, and others have said myfreedomsmokes are also good.

Good luck and welcome to the forums
    Last edited by sonnen; 02-02-16 at 12:09 AM.
    RyanohRyan and nomoresmokes like this.

AVF Regular
    Hi Nomoresmokes, yeah that suks a lot of people get stung just starting out.

I paid $100 for a ego style battery with a C4 clero it hurts thinking about it now.

For people to recommend stuff they need to know what you want to spend and how you like to vape, ie Mouth to Lung or Straight to Lung.

MtL Innokin Endura | VapourEyes

StL https://houseofvape.com.au/vape/star...g-starter-kit/

2 of my favourite sites in Aus to shop at and both kits getting good reviews.
    nomoresmokes likes this.

AVF Regular
    Thanks Sonnen,
    I really like the look of an i stick with a kanger subtank although the review I watched was for a subtank nano. I would buy a load of pre built coils and then practice on building my own so that if I stuff up I will still be able to use the thing
    I'll be sure to try HiLIQ the next time I restock but I just ordered a couple of hundred mls of eliquid from https://www.yaeliq.com/ as someone recommended them highly on here. Does eliquid go off? What is the shelf life of the stuff- especially in this insanely hot weather!
    Thanks again for the reply and I am really interested in getting myself an i stick 30 watt mod and kanger subtank, I'm just holding myself back until I do a bit more research and get some more feedback. Is there a reason you wouldn't get the 100 Watt one though? I just read that it can work between 5 and 100 Watt, so that got me thinking that it would give me more versatility down the track if I wanted to use something else on it?
    P.S I'm a mouth to lung vaper, I just vape like I used to smoke ciggies and I take around 300 puffs a day.
    RyanohRyan likes this.

AVF Regular
    Thanks for the reply and info Dhufish!
    It does hurt thinking about being ripped off but on the good side- just think about how much we have saved by getting off the ciggies!
    So a bit about my vaping style; I vape like I used to smoke (mouth to lung), I use it a fair bit taking around 300 puffs a day. I don't really mind how much I spend as I would have been spending a fortune on smoking. I just want something which is going to be durable, have a good battery life and which I don't have to spend loads of time maintaining or if I do it isn't a challenge like it is with the VEX ( I have to use pliers and rubber gloves to attempt getting the parts off!).
    I really liked Sonnens suggestion of the i stick and kanger tank and am thinking I will probably go with something like that after I get a bit more feedback.
    Thanks again for your help
    Dhufish likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by nomoresmokes View Post
    Thanks Sonnen,
    but I just ordered a couple of hundred mls of eliquid from https://www.yaeliq.com/ as someone recommended them highly on here.
    Yaeliq are excellent but since the aussie dollar has crashed, and they changed their shipping, they don't represent anywhere as good value for money as they used to. (The Scottish tight arse in me talking here )
    Is there a reason you wouldn't get the 100 Watt one though? I just read that it can work between 5 and 100 Watt, so that got me thinking that it would give me more versatility down the track if I wanted to use something else on it?
    Yeah i would agree, but you would also need to buy batteries and a charger and from reading your post, i thought built in batteries would be a better suggestion for where you are at for now.
    Cheers
    I obviously don't know how to reply properly after the quotes so here is ten characters
    I hope you can figure out my response
    nomoresmokes likes this.

AVF Regular
    Hey Sonnen, don't worry about the quote thing, I got there! I was thinking about just getting 500mls of eliquid and then diluting it myself but the laziness got the better of me I don't mind buying batteries which the new device would need and I already have a charger. Now I am looking through and seeing temperature control- so many choices, I just am lost for what to get.
    I'm leaning towards getting the kanger subtank mini or maybe nano? Or maybe both?
    But as for the other half I just have no idea now. I'm thinking maybe even 200 Watt with temperature control? I'm so lost!

AVF Regular
    My stupid internet has been turning on and off so I made a double post.
    I'm looking at the DNA 200 box mod (or maybe Tesla). Looks pretty nice to me. Then I can just whack a kanger subtank on the top and happy days!
    Then again, the Eleaf is much cheaper...
    Last edited by nomoresmokes; 03-02-16 at 12:23 AM. Reason: double post

AVF Regular
    Have a look at the evic VT mini...
    It's a great little single 18650 mod with 75 watts of power which works with nickel, titanium and stainless steel in temp mode and kanthal in power mode... It's under $100 in a kit form with a matching atomizer or less for just the mod itself, if you choose to go with a different tank. Well worth a look and great starter device that's quite flexible without breaking the bank
    fixit and nomoresmokes like this.

AVF Regular
    Thanks mpc3k,
    I started another thread in the general comments section asking people for their opinion on what I should get and the most convincing was for exactly what you suggested! So I will get the kit and then another tank too.
    I just need to know which tank would be best for my vaping style (mouth to lung, 3-400 puffs a day, wanting rebuildable) then I'll get that tank too and be a happy camper!
    I'm going to have a good shopping spree at https://www.fasttech.com/ as they have great prices and it will be 40% off on the 4th
    Thanks to everyone for their help and please keep the suggestions coming as to which tank I should get!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast