AVF Regular

Theecig glass 306 and i06 driptips

Hi,

I am a real fan of glass driptips. When they are good quality, they stay cool, don't pool juice, feel terrific in your mouth, and look great. But when they are duds they are duds.

The 510 glass drip tips in general are great and because they have an oring fit well.

But the 306 and i06 drip tips are hand blown and vary too much in the way they fit and their quality, in my opinion to risk buying for $15 a pop.

Of the 6 306/i06 drip tips I have bought only the first 2 I bought , fit well and are good quality. The rest have either broken because the glass is too thin, only fit halfway down on the atomisers, and the opening at the end has gotten smaller with the recent ones, so dripping juice in is not as easy.

This quality has unfortunately got worse with the 2 new i06 drip tips that i just got today, not better as I had hoped.

Here's a pic of one of the good cobalt blue 306 drip tip I got a year ago versus one of the clear i06 drip tips I just got. What you can't see in the picture is that the clear one is also bent and the hole in the mouth piece is smaller. You can see how it only goes down less than half way on the atomisers though. Its a shame because a year ago when the quality was better, I loved these drip tips, and being hand blown was prepared to accept some variation, but 6 duds in a row, with each batch getting worse, is too much for this black duck to ever buy one again or recommend them.

Buy the 510 driptips, but the i06 and 306 pyrex driptips from theecig are just not worth the risk buying in my opinion. Happy to hear from others if i have just had a terrible run with them over the last year, but I will never buy one again.

uploadfromtaptalk1306389874412.jpg

Sent from my MZ604 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Mickg33; 13-02-12 at 08:29 PM.

Thanks for sharing Mick. While they do look nice, they are not something I'd be prepared to spend money on if they are not consistent. Plus I'd be worried about breaking them.

a diamond engraving bit on a dremel would make short work of reaming it out to fit over.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    a diamond engraving bit on a dremel would make short work of reaming it out to fit over.
    I think I have one of those with my dremel kit. May give it a go.

I was dubious about those hand blown tips for the very reasons Mick ran into... glad I didn't bother!

AVF Regular
    I still have a couple 510 black ones on the way. I really like the 510 drip tips, i have 4 already, but forget the i06 and 306's until the quality/consistency improves, serves me right for hoping they got better sigh....
    Last edited by Mickg33; 13-02-12 at 09:59 PM.

AVF Regular
    Well took stoneys advice and took to my glass 306 and i06 pyrex glass drip tips that were not going far enough down my atomisers with my trusty dremmel.. Managed to fix both my i06's so they go all the way down now. Both didn't require too much grinding. The one that required a bit more has some fine scratches, but its only where the atomisers goes so no biggy.

I had 4 remaining 306,s of which 3 hardly go onto the atomisers at all, and 1 is great. Tried to fix one of the bad ones, but too much to grind off and it overheated and cracked, so i didn't attempt anymore as i mainly use the ikv i06 now anyway.

With the i06 they are now quite usable, one however is still bent, and the opening is alot smaller than my others so dripping into to it is a bit of a pain. My one good i06 driptip, now that it fits, will be my go to drip tip, much better than the plastic ones. That being said the consistency/ quality has still gone down hill, in terms of fitting , shape and thickness over the last year. It is not worth having to buy 3 $15 drip tips in order to get one good one, and not everyone is going to have a dremell on hand either, to attempt to fix it. If you look at the top of the post you can see how much better the blue cobalt one is that i bought a year ago.

Here's a before and after dremmeling pic, on the clear i06 driptip.

Last edited by Mickg33; 18-02-12 at 04:14 PM.
    I have 50% Originals and 50% clones, am too lazy to try to change the world and bored with the whole debate

AVF Regular
    not very asthetically please imo/
    Vape on

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by greazy View Post
    not very asthetically please imo/
    Yes agree it fits fine now but the quality/look isn't anywhere as good as the blue cobalt one in the first post that i bought a year ago.