Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Coolfire 4 plus and isub apex initial review

AVF Regular

Coolfire 4 plus and isub apex initial review

Hey,
    Just received my coolfire 4 plus and isub apex and thought I'd post an initial review and update as I go along.

To start the packaging is top notch, really nicely presented.
    The mod feels heavy and good quality (my only reference is the eleaf 40w)
    The screen is nice and bright although mine is a little lopsided but meh as long as it works I'm not too phased.

Isub apex looks beefy and I like the design look.
    Priming is straight forward enough although high vg juice took some coercing to make it drip into the centre

Onto initial vape findings...

I've always been MTL and this does not seem possible with the apex, I've got the .5 coils. So I'm giving direct lung a whirl, guess it'll take some getting used to.
    Filling it seems a bit tricky as its not entirely clear when it's full but the task is easy enough to complete.
    There is a slight delay in firing another thing I guess I will get used to.
    After reading a tonne of the reviews the recurring theme was the outstanding flavour this thing pumps out, honestly I am not getting what I expected but perhaps the coil is still bedding in as I've only had about 5 tokes as I'm writing this.
    Vapour production is pretty damn good and I suspect as I get used to direct lung I'll be able to billow out some impressive clouds.

Overall at this stage it seems to be a huge step up from the nautilus mini and eleaf..

Would love to hear your experiences with this tank and or mod..

Cheers
    Walker87
    disley likes this.

AVF Regular
    Does the Apex 'crackle' at all? Do you know if they are the same coils as the iSub G?

I'd like a pic of the 'lopsided' display. Keep us updated how the lung hit transition progresses.
    You are right, it is a big step up. Errr, congrats! It's a big vape world out there. Thanks for the review 🏽

AVF Regular
    All the iSubs take the same coils.

How do you find the fogging up between the 2 glasses?

AVF Regular
    I run the same tank.just tried a new juice and it seems better. My old juice i used was too bland. I think its an ok tank, but not as good as the hype.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

AVF Regular
    Keen to know how you get on with this setup. Have one sitting in a box still that I am planning on giving to my Mum and Dad, they are MTL as well.
    Last cigarette, 11:00 AM 11th March 2015.

AVF Regular
    I don't own one, but a mate of mine (newbie) bought one as his first setup. You can shut the airflow right down to mtl, but that doesn't pay nice with the sub ohm coils. I'd definitely recommend getting some of the 2 ohm coils for mtl.

AVF Regular
    Thanks for the replies..
    In answer to your questions -

Yes it does crackle was a bit scary at first because it's pretty loud but definitely not a jet engine like some set ups I've heard!

Haven't noticed all that much fogging to be honest but I'm not chain vaping like I used to with my old set up, the bigger plumes this tank produces are a lot more satisfying than my old set where'd I'd be chugging away for 5 or more minutes non stop.

I'm growing accustomed to direct lung a lot quicker than I'd anticipated but the flavour still isn't there honestly not even getting a whisper.
    I'll post an updated review in a few days time.
    laurie9300 and trumpy955 like this.

AVF Regular
    Quick day 2 update..
    Flavour has kicked in like a boss!
    Now I understand what all the hype was about - the coil took a pretty long time to what I call "bed in" and start pumping out the flavour there was also a bit of a plastic taste but I am assuming this is from the tank itself as I jumped the gun and started vaping without giving it a clean.
    Vapour production is pretty epic for me anyways considering I came from a really basic entry level set up.
    I charged it the night I got it as it dropped a fair bit at first but haven't since then and I am running at about 50% battery as I type this, such a nice change from my eleaf that I was charging 4 or more times a day.
    I'd say I am 80% comfortable with direct lung inhale and am starting to wonder how I was MTL for so long.
    The tank is thirsty! It loves to drink the juice.
    Overall at this point I'm really happy with the set up.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Cams View Post
    Keen to know how you get on with this setup. Have one sitting in a box still that I am planning on giving to my Mum and Dad, they are MTL as well.
    If they are going to make the transition from MTL to direct I can recommend a juice that I've found the smoothest and easiest (so far)
    I got the I <3 donuts in my zamplebox and it is super smooth, hasn't made me cough once where as a fruity flavour I tried had me coughing like crazy. Just a suggestion.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Walker87 View Post
    If they are going to make the transition from MTL to direct I can recommend a juice that I've found the smoothest and easiest (so far)
    I got the I <3 donuts in my zamplebox and it is super smooth, hasn't made me cough once where as a fruity flavour I tried had me coughing like crazy. Just a suggestion.
    Found coughing (harshness) really relates to the nic used in the juice. Nic is not equal at all, there is good and bad. I will probably be making juice for them in the future as it is much better. But for now they have no interest, a number of factors are stressing them out and switching to vaping isn't on the cards. Once they get settled in their new home things might be differant. For now the Cool Fire will sit in it's box next to the Apex for a bit longer. They have vaped before but found it too hard at times and they kept buying smokes and gradually they just reverted back to smokes. All in good time.

Happy to hear the flavour has come in. Probably not a huge amount you can do to clean the tank given it's structure.
    Last cigarette, 11:00 AM 11th March 2015.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast