Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ywfbi

Thread: Smok TFV4 review

AVF Regular

Smok TFV4 review

Hey,
    So my new isub apex dies after a week so had to rush out and buy a new tank because I don't have a very well equiped vape collection.
    Couldn't get another apex so I went for the Smok TFV4.

First impressions is that this tank is freaking huge!
    It comes with 3 coils one of which is a rebuildable (future project)
    I fired it up with the pre installed coil and gave it a whirl..

The vapour production is pretty good although not as good as my apex at this stage, it may still be bedding in.
    The tank gets hot, really hot! There is however good adjustable airflow in the base and airflow on the drip tip so you can cool the vape down a bit.
    Flavour is good but once I start pushing past 55w it gets a little too saturated for my liking.
    It's a thirsty tank actually beyond thirsty, few puffs and it needs to be filled up.
    The coil itself takes a ml or two to prime and the coils are monsters, biggest I've seen so far.

Hopefully I have enough juice to keep this thing going while I wait for my apex replacement!
    Will be gauging it over the next few days in terms of consumption and if it gets too crazy I'll flip back to my nautilus mini while I'm waiting.

Interested to hear if anyone else using this tank or has in the past?

AVF Regular
    I have the full size and the mini one as well. I reckon they're great. I like the triple, quad, and six coils the best and depending on the juice I vape those coils from 70-90 watts. They last me well too with the current coils coming up to 3 weeks.

Great top fill design with the swing top too. I think it gives slightly less flavour than the Uwell Crown and the Arctic V8. I don't mind the juice consumption either because I like variety and rarely refill with the same flavour so usually by half a tank I'm getting excited about the next flavour. 😁

I found it too warm a vape at the start but I actually grew to like a warm vape.

rab
    AVF Regular
    Great Tank for after dinner
    when you make your own juice it doesn't matter how much it uses
    I use triple coil 0.2 on around 50 watts

AVF Regular
    I Have the TFV4 Mini how does that stack up against the standard?

Current Mods = Joytech Cuboid 200w , eVic-VTC Mini 75w , Istick 120W and 40w , Wismec Reuleaux RX200S
    Current Tanks = Joytech Cubis , Smok TFV4 Mini , Smok TF-RTA G2 , S-body Astral Tank , Uwell Crown , Wotofo Serpent RTA , Geekvape Griffin RTA , Geekvape Griffin 25 RTA , Geekvape Tsunami RDA , Geekvape Avocado RDTA and Velocity v2 RDA clone

currently vaping 10mg Home Brewed E-juice

Jason Richards

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by upinVape View Post
    I Have the TFV4 Mini how does that stack up against the standard?
    I have both and I reckon they vape the same. The only difference is the size and capacity.

AVF Regular
    My TFV4 Mini leaked like a tap. What i did to solve the problem was wrap some teflon tap on the thread of the chimney where it screws into the top of the coils. Never had a leak issue since.

Current Mods = Joytech Cuboid 200w , eVic-VTC Mini 75w , Istick 120W and 40w , Wismec Reuleaux RX200S
    Current Tanks = Joytech Cubis , Smok TFV4 Mini , Smok TF-RTA G2 , S-body Astral Tank , Uwell Crown , Wotofo Serpent RTA , Geekvape Griffin RTA , Geekvape Griffin 25 RTA , Geekvape Tsunami RDA , Geekvape Avocado RDTA and Velocity v2 RDA clone

currently vaping 10mg Home Brewed E-juice

Jason Richards

AVF Regular
    I've got a mini on the H-Priv and find it quite good, good vape and flavour, only running the 0.25 coils but it does like a drink.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by GeogreGhinis View Post
    {deleted post}
    You are a vendor, and are not permitted to post in the "Reviews" sub-forum. Please read the rules.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by upinVape View Post
    My TFV4 Mini leaked like a tap. What i did to solve the problem was wrap some teflon tap on the thread of the chimney where it screws into the top of the coils. Never had a leak issue since.
    Havn't had a problem with my mini - touch wood. Well except when chain vaping and trying to pull juice through faster I got a bit excited with drawing with the air vents closed.... once I opened them again, well that was more of a flood than leak!
    Crisscross likes this.