Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Ego AIO review (compared to Endura T18)

AVF Regular

Ego AIO review (compared to Endura T18)

Hi folks,

So I've been using the Endura T18 since I started vaping, and recently won an Ego AIO from Heaven Gifts. Since they're both recommended often as great starter devices, and their size, weight and battery life are similar, but as that's where the similarities end I thought it might be helpful to do a bit of a review of the Ego AIO in comparison with the T18, to help newbies decide which one to buy. I think the T18 is the better device, but as always YMMV.

So I'll start with the Ego AIO's pro's over the T18, starting from the top and working our way down.

Firstly, the drip tip for the AIO tank has a cool design feature built in: the inside of the drip tip has a spiral design on the inside which is supposed to stop hot juice spitting back into your mouth. It works, too! I haven't experienced any spit back with the AIO, even after purposely flooding the coil and firing it until it snapped, crackled and popped. It also comes with a spare, normal design plastic drip tip if you want to change it out for some reason. The clear DT is slightly narrower but doesn't make a whole lot of difference to the vaping experience.

Next we have the "child proof" tank on the AIO, which requires users to press down on the top part of the tank to open it. I don't really know if there's any practical reason to have a childproof tank when the capacity is only 2ml, because I really doubt that 2ml of ejuice is going to have a massive effect on a toddler old enough to be able to unscrew a tank anyway. But it's a nice feature for first-time parents who might be a bit paranoid about that kind of thing. However, this feature might be a deal-breaker for elderly users or people with injured or arthritic hands/wrists, who could find it very difficult to open the 19mm childproof top of the tank.

This top cap of the tank also has adjustable airflow. I'm giving the AIO the benefit of the doubt by putting this AFC in the 'pro's' section, because I actually couldn't detect any difference in airflow when adjusting this part, which means a) it doesn't really work very well, b) it's broken on my unit, or c) I'm doing something wrong. It would be cool if it worked, and it could be user error, but two out of those three possibilities are less than desirable.

The tank itself is similar to the Cubis tank - it's a top fill 'cup' design with top airflow, and uses the same coils as the Cubis too. There are two good features of this: firstly, the tank genuinely never leaks, and secondly, you have a few coil resistance options (0.5ohm up to 1.5ohm) as well as an RBA.

And the final cool thing about the AIO is the LED. It's a bit of a gimmick, but the LED in this unit lights up the button AND the tank when the device is activated, which looks pretty flashy. You can also change the colour of the LED - you have about 6 colour options, and the option to turn off the LED, which would help in stealth vaping situations, and to save battery.

The AIO comes with two 0.6ohm coils included, and these are the only ones I've tried. The quality of the flavour and vapour produced by the AIO with these coils is very good indeed. In comparison with the T18, these coils on the AIO produce about 30% more vapour, and the flavour comes through a bit more clearly with the AIO too (maybe about 10-15% better flavour with the 0.6ohm than the 1.5ohm coils of the T18). The vape is also quite a bit cooler - I don't know if this is due to the spiral drip tip or the top airflow. This will come down to personal preference really; I like the warmer vape of the T18 as it is reminiscent of smoking cigarettes, but others may prefer a cooler vape.

Now, let's talk about the Ego AIO's cons, starting from the bottom and working our way up, just to keep things interesting

So, the battery on the AIO doesn't offer regulated output like the T18 does (for the newbies, this basically means that as the battery drains, the wattage delivered to the coil gradually drops off until there's not enough power to fire the device). Old hat vapers who use unregulated mech mods will be used to this phenomena, but it can be pretty disconcerting for newbies as it's quite a different vape when the battery is fully charged to when it's getting low. The T18 delivers a regulated 14watts to the coil with every single draw, and I, for one, found this consistency both comforting and helpful when troubleshooting and experimenting with different juices. I think adding unregulated output into a mix with this device (when coupled with availability of different coils, AFC (if it works), and all the variables of different ejuice ratios and nicotine levels) could make using the AIO as a first experience of vaping a bit too unpredictable for newbies.

Next is the micro USB port, which is located opposite the fire button. This is a little bit picky of me, but I didn't like the placement of the USB port, as it was right underneath where my thumb wanted to be when vaping. No doubt it has been put here so that the device can stand up while charging, but when you consider that the tank on this thing is genuinely leakproof, that having the USB cable coming out where your thumb wants to go makes pass through vaping very uncomfortable, that having the port here puts it even closer to the tank than it needs to be (you'll see why this is an issue shortly), and when compared to the elegant design of the dust-and-debris port cover on the T18, I just don't get why they decided to do this.

Moving up, we have the fire button. I take no issue with the button itself - it's responsive and not jiggly and feels pretty good - but with most devices that don't have a digital display (not mech mods, but other started type devices) the LED behind the button indicates the level of charge/remaining battery life. The AIO instead uses its LED as a gimmick that lights up the tank and offers the user a choice in colour palettes, so there's no way for the user to tell how much battery life they have left (other than judging by the vape - whilst I acknowledge that experienced mech mod users will have no issue with this, it's unlikely that a newbie will find that method a reliable indicator!).

Next, we have the tank itself. Sigh. It's BUILT IN to the device. (AIO stands for 'all-in-one', and they weren't kidding with the name). Yes, less moving parts, simple, basic, ect ect. But you can not clean the tank out with water, ever. You can't have a spare tank with a different flavour on the go. And if you break the glass, the whole device is cactus (no, you can't get replacement glass for it). This is just crap crap crap. NO DEAL!!! *said with arms crossed in front of me, looking directly into the camera*

The thing I like most about my T18 is that, if I buy two T18s I've got two batteries and two tanks, and they are interchangeable. So, if I'm really getting into the Roasted Strawberry juice in my pink T18 when the battery dies, I just unscrew the tank, wack it on my blue T18, and carry on vaping. I can buy five spare T18 Prism tanks for $15 each if I want, or I can use a Nautilus mini, Silo Lite, or any other 18-19mm tank on my T18 battery (as I do every day) if I want to use a tank with adjustable airflow, different coils, different flavours, or whatever. But it's really about the security of knowing that if something goes wrong with one of the batteries or one of the tanks, I can just swap that part out and get on with it. The AIO just doesn't give you the same level of back-up or flexibility. Also, due to the 'carto-like' coil design on the T18s tank, it is super duper easy to clean. The same can NOT be said for the AIO, which I imagine would be a real pain for newbies that are trying to find a juice flavour they enjoy when they first start out.

And more on the AIO tank - as its a top fill tank with a top mounted coil and top airflow, it's pretty important that you don't fill the tank past the max. fill line (2ml)....but where on earth is the max. fill line?? I legitimately can't see one on my device, in any lighting, at all. Nada. (It's the grey and black model, if that makes a difference).

And although the AIO tank has the edge over the T18 for flavour and vapour production, the T18 coil swap system wins hands down for newbies, because there's no chance of cross threading your coils and you don't have to get ejuice on your fingers, ever. It's also much easier to find and fix the source of any gurgles with the T18 tank, which can be fixed without any mess with a cotton tip and 10 seconds of your time. It's a lot trickier on the AIO, as you have to unscrew the coil and clean all the connections, as well as the threding around the top of the tank (due to top AFC), which is messy and irritating and possibly mystifying for a newbie.

I also prefer the drip tip on the T18, which is made of Delrin (the SS model comes with a SS drip tip installed and some spare Delrin drip tips too), is narrow bore, and has about the same external diameter as a cigarette. (The warmer vape of the T18 is also cigarette-like, as is the tight draw, and I think this makes for a really smooth switch for current smokers). The drip tips for the AIO are wider externally and have a wide bore which I don't like, and although the spiral shape to prevent spit back is pretty awesome it's not really necessary on the narrow drip tip of the T18.

And here endith my review. If you would like me to answer any specific questions, fire away. If I've missed anything, please let me know and I'll update it. If you have any good jokes, post them too, because I like jokes, and this post has been long and serious.

Super Moderator
    Thanks for this ducky

And ... Funnies Thread - What you got ? (NSFW R rated)
    muscovyduckling likes this.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

AVF Regular
    TL;DR - the AIO and T18 are both topfill pen-style devices, the units and replacement coils are similarly priced, and they're both aimed at newbie vapers. Although the AIO has some fun features and has the edge over the T18 in terms of flavour and vapour production, it has some fatal flaws such as built-in tank, unregulated output, and too many variables for newbie-level troubleshooting to successfully navigate. Therefore, I have to recommend the Innokin Endura T18 as the best entry level pen-style device for current smokers.
    gtadmin and ybnice like this.

AVF Regular
    Excellent review, thanks ducky, this is exactly what I needed!

Oh, and by the way, the point where the colors meet at the window of the AIO tank, that's the fill line .........

AVF Regular
    Oh cool, thanks! I wonder how that works on the all black or all silver AIOs then?

Btw, where did you discover that info? Doesn't say anything about it in the leaflet that came with mine!
    laurie9300 likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by muscovyduckling View Post
    Oh cool, thanks! I wonder how that works on the all black or all silver AIOs then?

Btw, where did you discover that info? Doesn't say anything about it in the leaflet that came with mine!
    They have mentioned it in all the YouTube reviews I have watched.........

AVF Regular
    Oh haha. I didn't watch any reviews coz I wanted to come at it without any preconceptions. They should really put that little tidbit in the manual!!!

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by muscovyduckling View Post

It's also on the joyetech website ducky.

eGo AIO - Joyetech

AVF Regular
    Hey ducky, it's in the manual on the back page for the fill line doohickey.
    I haven't used a t18, but I agree with everything you mentioned about the AIO having won one myself

AVF Regular
    Oh and the adjustable airflow does work, but there isn't much of a difference to me unless I try to DL Vape it

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast