Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: EHPro Bachelor RTA

AVF Regular

EHPro Bachelor RTA

So i ordered this from VaporEyes on monday, and it arrived this afternoon

For those who arent aware, here a link Bachelor Tank by EHPRO - Eciggity

Basically its a postless RTA, you wind the coil, face both legs down, poke them into the holes in the deck and tighten the legs (with an allen key) from the side on the base

I got it because id grown tired of the airiness of my 2nd tank, the TFV4 Mini, wanted anther single coil tank for when i actually vape flavours and it looked a cinch to rebuild

Heres my brief review based on having the thing for an hour

Build Quality:

I havent found anything headscratching as in "what were they thinking" when looking at the design or functions of the tank.

It feels well thought out

The threading is superb. Easiest to get out build deck ive ever come across.

And definitely a bonus that you can get the build deck out with an almost full tank of juice - you could go for full, i wouldnt
    fully trust the juice flow control holes to be airtight.

The airflow ring moves freely, maybe too freely for some, but id call that overanalysing, theres only
    really one setting that would suprise you if it moved...and thats the closed setting

Update/Edit: I becoming aware, due to leaking issues i experienced, and found that a number of owners report that they
    have had leaks, and found that the oring that sits inside the chimney section, inside just under the chimney was cut/torn/otherwise broken
    out of the box and needed replacing from the spares bag. Before doing anything with this tank, check the orings, replace if
    affected and lube well before assembling, especially the deck and chimney orings

Sadly my tank had chronic leaking issues, even after an oring change, would not hold a vaccum. Sent it back from whence it came

O-ring Swap:

First things first, those blue o-rings have to go - used a guitar pick to get behind them and remove without destroying

Fitted the black ones

If you are to have any hope of getting the top seal (part of it is a wide thinnish band under the glass), particularly, to seal uniformly around the glass, lube the seal and glass with juice

The tank back together, i moved on to the coil

Building And Fitting A Coil:

Is it the easiest tank to rebuild a coil on...so far, in my experience a resounding yes.

I thought id see how many spaced 26g wraps i could get between the holes comfortably, given i whack near a mm between wraps, i didnt think it would be many, but i got in 8
    With 26g SS316L this ohmed out to .644 according to my SX Mini (since its going to spend its life on the SX, why not, theres no way i was breaking up the relationship between my
    TreeBox and Lemo 2, especially since at the moment the 0.63 build on that is the best ive ever experienced, no really, its awesome)

So a breakdown...

I wrapped 8 wraps of SS316L (i only vape in TC) around 3mm, both legs down in tweaked the legs to be in line

Then i cut the legs to the length of the coil (nichrome) that came prefitted, and was removed instantly

Leaving the coil on the screwdriver, i lowered it between the slots on the side

Got one lead in and fiddled and got the other in

Grabbed the allen key and locked both leads in

Time from beginning wrapping the coil to having it locked in, about 2 minutes

Note: Once the coil is installed you wont be able to easily fiddle it to centre the coil as you cant push the screwdriver, at least the ones i have,
    past the slot openings to finagle the coil to centre it, but since youre installing into 2 fixed holes, you shouldnt really find yourself off centre.
    If you are adjust the leg position on the screwdriver before fitting.

Easiest coil install ever

Wicking:

Going on the prebuilt coil, i fed my usual width strip of cotton through. You will have to roll more on the end you thread through as you have to
    adjust for the gap from the wall to the coil...

Trimmed the ends as the prebuilt, gave it a quick test by putting the deck back onto the tank to make sure the wick ends werent too long,
    took the deck back out, juiced up the wick and gingerly put the deck into the tank.

Closed the airflow and juice control (the latter being easier to move than the Kaees Landmark i tried recently)

Filled up the tank - it has a similar swivel top topfill as the TFV4 Mini i just retired

Reopened the juice control.

Let it sit for 5 minutes....

First Vape:

Airflow: This is the one that going to decide if this tank is for you right off the bat. Its described on a few sites as a MTL (Mouth To Lung) tank
    And it is....its actually more restrictive than i would have thought. Its, compared to my Lemo2, about a 1/4 as restrictive again as the Lemo 2
    with the airflow wide open and using the widebore driptip, which is how i run the Lemo 2.

Would i like it to have more airflow? Maybe a little, but its fine and stems the madness that was the TFV4 Mini which you couldnt really close
    down the airflow on without risking finding the setting that transformed it into a **** whistle....

Ramp Up Time: practically zero. Rip Trippers mentioned a one or two second delay when firing. I didnt experience that at all.

Vapor Production: This is not, i repeat not a tank for cloud chasers, if you hadnt been tipped off by the restrictive airflow.
    Given both my SX and TreeBox are using identical settings, and the coils are roughly the same ohmage, im getting about 3/4 the vapor
    of the TB/Lemo2 setup on the SX with Bachelor.

A Further Word On Wicking:

On subsequent vapes i got gurgling and eventually leaking from the airflow. I rewicked thinking maybe i needed a smidge more cotton exposed
    at the end, but i got furthering gurgling and leaking, though not as bad. I removed the deck and adjusted the wick ends to fill the juice slots.
    Still eventually got leaking. So clearly i have to spend some time reading forums and reading feedback for tips.

Too long!

Too short?

Now searching for just right...and i think its more about filling the juice port than what protrudes (though its kind of inter-related)

Update/Edit:

It is more about filling the juice port than any protruding, my final 10 builds had wicks cut even shorter than above, cut flush and juice slot filled...

Apart from the leaking, which i should be be able to solve with adjusting the wicking

It hasnt filled me with hate yet....the Kaees i was over in an hour, what with the sharp edges that cut me, the almost immovable juice control
    the leaks etc.

Work to do, but im hopeful. If it doesnt work out ill just admit defeat and get another Lemo 2, still the most consistent and bullet proof tank ive ever used.

Update/Edit:

It ended up filling me with hate. I did get the wicking right, the last 10/12 times i rewicked it...flush cut the cotton against the side, and make sure the entire
    juice slot is filled with cotton. People who had leaking issues (other than my vaccum problem) had also tried wicking with the tails inside the cup, similar to the
    later SubTank RBA's. Something to try if youre struggling.

Eagle eyed viewers will notice i build on an MVP3...its dead, but the brick is ideal for building on And it was my first mod ever, so theres nostaglia

Even more on wicking: Came across another method (the M wick) when looking at the Hurricane tank that anyone with a Bachelor might also like to try: http://discourse.theohmpage.com/t/an...hurricane/1162

Thought id include even though ive rotated off the Bachelor in case it helped someone else.
    Last edited by stylemessiah; 29-04-16 at 08:27 AM.
    Fatman, disley, ermoon2 and 2 others like this.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Pushing back against the vendor wall, one damn stupid post at a time...

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 13/10/17

AVF Regular
    So... Belated happy vapiversary?

AVF Regular
    PS. You should go to the Heaven Gifts section, they're giving away a Bachelor Nano tank in a current comp.

AVF Regular
    Nice review.
    How many watts do you vape the 0.6ohm coil at?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by muscovyduckling View Post
    So... Belated happy vapiversary?
    Im hoping so, its still leaking after trying a number of tips from bachelor owners, so its still 50/50 as to whether its getting a permanent home

Ill look at it again tomorrow with less tired eyes

Quote Originally Posted by Hyper View Post
    Nice review.
    How many watts do you vape the 0.6ohm coil at?
    I dont know how many watts, i run TC, and on the SX Mini does joules, which i have set at 26 and 180c

Even if i tried it on my TreeBox you cant see the screen when firing, and the readout is too small for me to read in a mirror.
    Last time i managed to get someone to read the watts on that im generally at 26/27watts at about 180c
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Handy shopping links:

AVF Regular
    If its leaking check for the o-ring inside the chimney, it tends to fall out and is important. I also found you need to lube that o-ring up with some juice if it is dry as when you screw the base in it sticks and gets scrunched up.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by J_B_86 View Post
    If its leaking check for the o-ring inside the chimney, it tends to fall out and is important. I also found you need to lube that o-ring up with some juice if it is dry as when you screw the base in it sticks and gets scrunched up.
    Cheers, i did lube every oring i could find, starting from when i swapped the tank orings, did the chimney one and its in place, i actually removed and reseated it after checking for wear - tears etc.

A number of people on ECF are actually placing the wick inside the cup to cure the leaking, ill try that tomorrow.

Handy shopping links:

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by stylemessiah View Post
    Cheers, i did lube every oring i could find, starting from when i swapped the tank orings, did the chimney one and its in place, i actually removed and reseated it after checking for wear - tears etc.

A number of people on ECF are actually placing the wick inside the cup to cure the leaking, ill try that tomorrow.

Yeah that's definitely worth a try, if its sticking out too much it can move when screwing the base in. I basically just cut it so its almost flush and tuck it back into the slot a little so there is none sticking out.

AVF Regular
    I got mine from JB a few days ago but only had a chance yesterday to put a build in it yesterday. I too have had it leaking through into the airport and eventually leaked the whole contents of the tank (near enough) onto the desk. Not blaming JB in the slightest but I have yet to figure out the wicking also.

Like you Style i copied one of the pre-built coils and I have since looked a few reviews on youtube..

When i have more time i'll have to pull it apart, clean it and try the wicking again.

The juice i used for the first test was max VG.

AVF Regular
    There is not going to be a fairytale ending to this one im afraid

Ive been working through troubleshooting this for almost 12 hours now, and its come to a head.

I stopped focusing on the wicking after 12 attempts, all of which filled the juice slots fully and firmly and
    prompted by a post form a clearer head than mine at ECF, i decided to do what should have been obvious
    and do a vacuum test...which the tank failed miserably

After reading other peoples experiences at getting theirs and finding a leak and then checking the oring that
    sits at the base of the chimney and above the build deck damaged from box opening, i changed this (lubricated
    of course) as they had done, even though mine looked fine, apart from a few tiny burrs.

I then repeated the vacuum test..failed

I then tried vaping it, within 6 toots juice running everywhere again...

Filling in the return form now

I do not respond well to shit that takes hours of fiddling that should work as described right out of the box

This is the 3rd tank in a row, from different manufacturers, to have an issue or defect, thats an appalling
    negative hit rate.

Why cant vape manufacturers spend more time testing their gear rather than rushing something out, this new shit
    every 2/3 months is not working for end users.

We know decent gear that just works and is reliable can be made, i have such a piece of gear, its called a Lemo 2

Earlier when the shits started to set in at yet another rushed piece of gear (let down by one flaw, but brilliant otherwise),
    i emailed disley to see if i could get him to part with a Lemo 2 from his extensive collection.....

I didnt even bother to review the Kaees Landmark i bought the other week, it lasted about an hour before i packed it up
    ready to send back...it leaked like a sieve, the juice flow control needed pliers to move, and while fighting it a sharp upper
    tank edge cut my finger to shreds. Then there was the shorting, when i fired it i got no vapor but a very warm tank.
    I should mention the leaks, jfc issues and short were present when using either the prebuilt coils or the RBA.

When i reported that i was returning it, the vendor offered me another Kaees tank,
    while keeping the dud one, plus some spares. I think maybe they were aware there were issues with the Kaees tank

Shit ive sent back in the last few months:

* A Crown tank - coils that would last maybe 3 days - coil issue admitted via email to me by Uwell who also were honest enough
    to say they also didnt have a shipment tracking system in place and therefore couldnt recall and replace the bad batches, leaving
    any Crown users with a 50/50 chance of getting decent coils. To be fair the head of Uwell, who i sent my Crown back to (i like to
    make an impression) refunded my money without a drawn out drama, and sent a complete new tank and RBA to me. It now lives with disley,
    (as im a once burnt, twice no fucking way kinda guy) who had some luck with it, initially, but i think found out it will eventually bite you in the bum.

* A Kaees Landmark tank - as mentioned leaked like a sieve, had an nearly immovable jfc, sharp edges and a short.

* 2 x VTC Minis - 1 worked well, very well for 4 weeks, during which time i bought another one it worked that well. Then the first one
    started having "the issue" - an ohms drop a few seconds after waking up or power on...resulting in an anaemic vape. Only way to fix this
    was to take the tank off, fire the mod to reset the resistance, put the tank back on, hope the resistance read as it should, and vape.
    If the resistance didnt read properly, take tank off again, fire and refit and check resistance again.

Did i mention this was every time i wanted to use it?

So i pulled my second one from its packet, and it had the issue right out of the box...weird ohmage drops.

For weeks myself and others who had the same issue were ignored by JoyeTech. Then i won the lottery by being the first person they responded to,
    largely as i posted about them everywhere. Their email response, to my email to their support address was a response from their marketing department
    which stated "Friend, to solve issue, please buy Ego One tank only"

Further pressure was applied across fora, and one day, as i was chatting to Phil Busardo via email, a most curious email arrived from Kermit from JoyeTech forums,
    it said "Beta Firmware" in the subject field, and in the body "Please find a beta firmware attached, we send this to you on the condition that you not talk about it
    to anyone". So of course i sent it to Phil Busardo while i had him, and so at least someone would believe me.

When applied the secret squirrel beta firmware did something curious (some or actually all will probably call it underhanded), immediately after the mysterious ohmage
    drop the ohmage suddenly raised itself by the exact ohmage id reported the drop to be to JoyeTech.

Many weeks later, after id returned my VTC Mini's and change my sig on other forums to commence my shitlistng campaign of JoyeTech, another one of the many ECF
    members who had had the same issue, and been vocal in the fora about the issue piped up and recounted how he had received secret "beta firmware" from Kermit.
    When explored further not only did the beta firmware not fix the issue, like mine, he also noted it magically raised the exact ohmage drop he reported to JoyeTech.

They had been customising "beta firmware" to send to those who had the issue, and were vocal. This was not a fix, it was a fudge.

And that boys and girls is why ill never buy another JoyeTech product....

My fault really for seeing gear that promises features that claim to make vaping/building easier...

Gear thats lasted:

Innokin MVP3 (my first mod)
    Smok TreeBox
    SX Mini M - feeling, as ever, lonely as the TreeBox gets all the love
    Lemo 2
    Smok TFV4 - not with me, but given to another member here, due to wanting a less airy tank - sadly the Kaees and the Bachelor, to be its replacement havent panned out

All i wanted, from both the Kaees and Bachelor was a nice tank for my vaperversary

Why cant i have nice things, and shit that actually works...

No doubt look out for the Bachelor v2 in about 2 months, with fixes for the leaking....

Get it right the first time
    Last edited by stylemessiah; 19-04-16 at 09:34 AM.

Handy shopping links:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast