Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Reviews on stuffs

AVF Regular
    Where the spectre of Bjelke-Petersen still looms...A Banana Republic inside a Banana Republic

Reviews on stuffs

Thought I'd post some short opinions on a few things I've tried over the preceding months. I've enjoyed the journey and continue to look for new and exciting ways to waste my money!!

Juices:

VK 555 I-Mix Concentrate

I mixed this at about 20% in a 50PG/50VG @ 24mg. I find the taste to be extremely salty and dry. I wouldn't say that it was a 'true' cigarette taste but it serves its purpose. It is great with an ale or other lighter/bitter beer. I like this one particularly when I have had a few drinks and really feel the analogue demon rearing its head. I don't vape it otherwise. Definitely too dry for an all day. Doesn't mix well with sweeter, darker beers but good for local beers like Tooheys New & Dry, XXXX Bitter, Carlton Draught and the like. Don't know about VB - you mexicans can keep that swill to yourselves. It does have a capacity to taint atties, being very hard to remove as an aftertaste.

VK4

I'm still oming to terms with this juice and it is growing on me every time I vape it. At first, it tasted like JW Lime Splice mixed with tobacco (I tend to taste a 'banana skin' flavour in that particular flavour which put me off) however, as it has steeped it has really come into its own and I find it a very pleasant and enjoyable tobacco flavour that I can enjoy without a beer. I have it at 18mg in a 80/20 mix. This could very well become an all day vape for me if I ever go off Baked Apple Tart. It has also piqued my interest in other tobacco flavours, which I have avoided generally until now and made me spend a bunch of money today on some pre-mixes from AV, IKV & Ok Smokey.

VK Peanut Butter & Strawberry I-Mix Concentrates

This was a bright idea that nearly came to fruition. One thing I have dearly missed after being diagnosed with diabetes is PB&J Sangas. This combination did come close and with a few adjustments and some patience (and some increased knowledge about what to mix in to bring out notes) I think it will be a pleasant alternative vape. Right now it has been relegated to the shelf. The first attempt was too strongly PB and the second attempt probably lacked it a bit much. I know this isn't really a juice but I thought I would put it in here for shits n giggles.

VK Vanilla Soft Serve Cone

This is another that came to life with steeping, however it did not take as long to come good as the VK4. I've had this running in my Vision Stone II for weeks. Light, sweet and tasty. I don't know if it really gets to the 'soft serve' taste completely but it does come close. Definitely a good all day sweet vape. I am quite a big fan of vanilla generally and would recommend it to others who are the same.

Atomisers:

IKV 510 Cannon SS

When I first ordered this atomiser from IKV I lucked out and got a good one. The biggest negative to these atties is the 1/4 (anecdotal) chance you will get one that leaks like a sieve. I can attest to this. Subsequent orders have found me with extremely wet atties and extremely dry hits, combined with a lot of wasted juice. These problems are reputed to have been fixed with V2, which I will confirm when my order arrives some time between now and Christmas XD.
    That being said, when they are good they are fantastic. My first Cannon lasted me 3-4 months before burning out and really confirmed my status as a dripper. The draw is a little on the airy side, but the vapour production easily comes close to an i06, the TH is satisfying and flavour is rich and strong no matter the juice you put in. They hold a tonne of juice and take a long time to go dry, which makes dripping easier. Downsides to working Cannons include the lack of metal drip tips readily available and the inability to de-wick easily due to the longish body.

IKV i06

These are the king of my dripping world. They perform extremely well, take a beating and ask for more. Vapour production, TH and flavour all in the extreme positive. Only downside is with the DTs which tend to pool. Apparently these can be drilled out to solve the problem but I haven't gotten to that yet. Getting my hands on an i06DCA will find me a very happy camper indeed.

IKV 801 LR (Full size)

Due to the long body and airy vape of this atty, the TH and flavour is a little less satisfying. Vapour production is excellent however. This one has sat on the shelf for a while due to the fiddly nature of getting the adapter working for me. I'm currently giving it a bit of a flogging though and while I don't put it in the same category as the Cannon & i06, I think it is a good vaping experience and were I in possession of a purpose-threaded mod, I would recommend it as an option. I find it doesn't hold much juice for its size and floods rather easily.

Mods:

GGTB

I bought this second hand from a very nice person on here. I just wanted to try a GG mod and it was cheap. After replacing the spring (was warned I would need to at point of sale so all good there ) and fiddling with the different parts, I have working with a single 16340. It definitely is nice to have a lighter mod for my poor limp Provari-owner wrist. I think it is over-engineered personally and doesn't need to be as fiddly. I've had issues with the spacer magnet being attracted to the switch and causing constant firing. I wouldn't recommend this to someone new to vaping or with little patience, however it seems sturdy and I'm sure will outlast the springs I bought. The switch location is a novelty in that I can just squeeze my fist and vape but this is just a small thing. The battery lock is sticky and I'm apt to screw out the switch rather than lock it but that, once again, just requires patience and attention. It has been a good intro to mechanical mods but I think something with less parts will be easier to deal with and I definitely would prefer something that takes 18650s. That being said I kinda knew what I was in for before I bought it in that regard. This experience puts me in the middle as far as GG mods go - they do what they are meant to do but they are a little more work than I would like.

Line Clone (Squiggle)

Cheap, nasty, fiddly and too much work for me. I definitely like the idea of the genesis tank and will probably go for a Zenesis-type mod when I am ready. This served a purpose in getting me into the world of rebuildables for a decent price. My first one fell to pieces after about a week but the second one is still going strong. Wicked TH but lacking in flavour and vapour on the whole.

306DCA

This gets the most use out of anything I own. Sits on the Provari at 3.8-3.9V and puts out clouds of vapour with brilliant flavour and satisfying (if slightly subdued) TH. Overdripping does give gurgles but restraint is all that is required. A slight overdrip can be sucked back up into a drying atty which means less wasted juice. My only criticism is the polished finish is easy to tarnish and scratch. Larger atties can become stuck but a screwdriver and a tap with a hammer gets them out quickly. Definitely loving 306s now I can use a metal tip. I will be jumping on an i06DCA as soon as I am able - I think this will bring me close to my perfect setup.

Vision Stone II

This was good for a laugh and a trial. This tank does have issues and I hope time will see it improved, because the idea is a good one. I found that it pissed out juice when left horizontal (or even sometimes vertical) , leaving me forever blowing it out and pulling out the driptip to mop up underneath. That being said it was very nice to go back to a CE2 type tank and it has had me searching for some cartos that fit my ARRY (which will hopefully be the ones from JW for the EPM which should be arriving here tomorrow). Easy to clean and change flavours with a quick wash. The coil outlasted the ceramic cup which broke apart today during cleaning. For $10 it is not a bad unit if you are willing to accept its limitations. Towards the end I found I could not fill it more than about half way or the excess would leak into the centre post and the positive wire would move away from the post inside the tank. What struck me as strange was how much juice would end up under the DT considering the smaller amount of juice that actually leaked out the bottom of the post. Also regular use saw the coil discolour/singe the plastic seal which makes me wonder whether that had something to do with my problems. I was running it at 4.5V most of the time and the Vapour/TH/Flavour was all in the positive when it was dry and wicking well. I'm on the fence about this one and will watch for updates as I do like tanked CE2s (never liked the standard cartos - always too dry) and find the flavour is always very full with them.
    wood duck likes this.
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Quality Australian Made eJuice: Bunyip Vapes

AVF Regular
    may need to give the vk4 a go, and may dig out the dca again and give it another whirl again, a few people have said they really like them, I am just not sure i see what the benefits are.

Good to see another dripper out there, dont know why there aren't more off us. I kinda like the whole process of reaching for my bottle and dripping a few drops in the atty, even when i am out and about, i carry a 5ml bottle with me and drip most of the time.

Acb
    Thanks for the comprehensive write up - I havent tried the IKV i06 - do these go okay with HV?

AVF Regular
    Where the spectre of Bjelke-Petersen still looms...A Banana Republic inside a Banana Republic
    I use 2.5 @ 4.8-5V. I'm sure the 3.5s will handle up to 6
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

AVF Regular
    Mick for me I find the DCA tightens up the draw of the 306 in a satisfactory way and I love using my DT of choice. I just generally found it was better otherwise and find that hard to put into words.

Acb
    Quote Originally Posted by Nothingexpert View Post
    I use 2.5 @ 4.8-5V. I'm sure the 3.5s will handle up to 6
    thanks mate will give them a try

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Acb View Post
    Thanks for the comprehensive write up - I havent tried the IKV i06 - do these go okay with HV?
    Yes they are fine if you get the higher ohm ones. I still tend to prefer the ikv 510 3.5ohm at higher voltages and the i06 1.5ohm at 3.7 volts.

Acb
    Yer Im a big fan of the 510's however always interested in trying new atty's. Plus out of the last 3 510 IKV 3.5's a bought recently died within 2 days of each other /sadface

Nice review

I think I might give the VK Vanilla Soft Serve Cone a go next

Great review!

VK4 reminds me of DK-Tab which I don't really like all that much, but it does grow on you when it's all you got left for 3 days! Got half a bottle if you want it Mick?

GG products can be fiddly for sure. It was my first mod (a month or two in) and served me well. But have since stayed away from mechanical mods due to the effort required. You don't need to use the magnet if you got a new spring. I only used it because I was to lazy to buy a spring when they were available. I only used it to so the battery made contact which properly was a bad idea (battery safety), but I had no problems even with stacked batteries - which is how I used it most times. I like the switch location as well. It just feels comfortable to use.

I06 @5v is a great little atty on Micks woody I picked up. Be sticking with these and will pick the LR version when they are back in stock. Not sure still on the IKV 510 myself, but trying it again now it's growing on me at @5.7v on a LT but it seems to leak a lot. Goes from dry to leaking with 2 drops. But I'm a happy dripper again with the IKV series. Much better than other US atty's purchased locally (sorry but I must have got all the duds) that ruined dripping for me.

Laziness I think Mick. Much easier for most to fill a carto and walk out the door and now with all the tanks it just makes it easier. I was dripping a few weeks into vaping myself and only really moved away from it after I had bad experience, after bad experience with atty's. Joye atty's just didn't seem to last, other attys were dry all the time, had a bad taste about them, etc. Bottom feeders are out of peoples price range and not available locally which again keeps people away from atty's in general. That's what I get from people and why I never owned a bottom feeder until recently, but now after trying one, I would happily purchase another. I've had a few of them on 306 atty's but they don't seem to stick with it too long. They love the vapor and flavor, but it's to much effort compared to a carto and tank now. This is just personal theory based of the small group I have converted - which may be way off base for the wider vaping crowd.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast