Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    AVF Regular

Wink apex alpha ultra vs nokia tough mobile.

The reason for this review and the tittle is simple.I have used a lot of different mods out there and finally came to the conclusion that i needed a mod that doesnt brake, give up and has big battery life. As a tradey i found my self suffering all of the for mentioned problems, so i asked the forum and did some research and that led me to the alpha. I must mention that i love hv vaping so the ultra was the only choice in the range. So here is my honest opinion:

1. looks 10/10 great looks for one day until it tarnishes then its up to you whether you like the black look or you clean it constantly.

2. size 8/10 i have big hands so it fits but not the smallest mod

3. res tank 5/10 a bit of a waste of time really but does stop over dripping and seems to stop the burnt taste but as a tank 0/10

4. price 7/10 over priced but the build quality is excellent and you can see where the money is spent

5. battery life 8/10 dont know why they didnt make the tube fit the 18650 bats (just 1mm bigger) but i still use them i just take the sleeve off my 18650 bats and just dont use the inner sleeve that comes with the alpha, the bats fit and work perfectly but can get slippery. The one thing i do find when using 18650 bats instead of the 17670 in the sleeve is that the button contacts remain clean because the 18650 bat case does not tarnish unlike the sleeve that the standard bats slide into. Saying that i mainly use it with 2 cr123a stacked for 6v vaping and find that cleaning the contacts isnt a major issue (once a week) and i get a good 10 hrs solid vaping per set of bats.

6. build 10/10 i have dropped it,sat on it, caught it in my pocket and just about everything else that happens with a mod and can honestly say its perfect. The reverse thread thing on the res tank takes some getting use to but still feels solid. Although the res tank doesnt do what its meant to do, it does shield the atomizer from the normal bending you get with other tube mods. I know you can get a normal top cap instead of the res but if it comes with the mod just treat it like a drip / protection shield and its good.

7. vapor 10/10 well what do you expect from 6v with a new atty, and just as good on 3.7v. I dont like to mention vapor as i feel that comes down to the liquid and the atomizer but every now and again a mod does have poor air flow but the alpha is fine so hence the 10/10.

So its a great solid mod that can take the every day abuse it gets in my daily life. overall its a solid 8/10 and it would get more but for the price and the not so tank res tank but does have other features tank ( confused yet ). So far it rivals my glv2 and even offers a little bit more in some areas. Love it so a big thumbs up
    Last edited by jr french; 20-02-12 at 11:56 PM.

AVF Regular
    Being a tradie you do need a destructible mod I mainly use my ego-t battery's .
    I've thought about taking the ultra max but I think the dust and will get inside to easy
    Good review.
    Move along!!! Nothing to see here.

AVF Regular
    The res is a sealed unit and the battery sleeve can just be blown out. Im a french polisher and dust is in my everyday job and have had no probs as yet. but i can see your point as it doesnt feel as in closed as a ego bat.

AVF Regular
    Last edited by ckane; 05-05-17 at 12:00 AM.
    Move along!!! Nothing to see here.

umm, am i missing something, why is nokia tough mobile mentioned.
    I was expecting a battle report and I reckon the alpha should win.
    it may depend on which one gets hit with which one though.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

AVF Regular
    im a floorcovering installer and use nokia 5140i phones cause you can get plaster,concrete,dust and general crud covering em and they still work.mods that can cop abuse like this and still work are whats required.dont like the idea of the alpha if its a gurgly bastard but.
    RIP VP

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    umm, am i missing something, why is nokia tough mobile mentioned.
    I was expecting a battle report and I reckon the alpha should win.
    it may depend on which one gets hit with which one though.
    Please dont make me explain

Slightly off topic, but I haven't cleaned my Alpha with the included cloth yet and the back of the battery housing has changed to a funky looking black/grey color.

It actually looks pretty cool

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by soundasleep View Post
    Slightly off topic, but I haven't cleaned my Alpha with the included cloth yet and the back of the battery housing has changed to a funky looking black/grey color.

It actually looks pretty cool
    +1 on that it actually looks funky, i put a grey and silver cherry drip tip on to

php
    I never got a cloth with mine!

I look at the RES as more of an over drip prevention like the DCA. No point in trying to fill it up!

It gets dirty looking and slippery more like an iPhone!
    Cheers.... Pete.

Provari+Liquinator, Prodigy V3+306DCA, 510N, VV Egos and other bits.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast