Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Geekvape Avocado Vs. Wismec Theorem

AVF Regular

Geekvape Avocado Vs. Wismec Theorem

So this isn't really going to be a review. More my thoughts on comparing these two gennie style tank/drippers. I'm going to go through a few points and compare both.
    Build Quality:
    I think overall they are very similar. Both are well machined and things fit together without issue. I would give the edge to the theorem however as the cap is much tighter. On the avocado it's a little loose but not so much that you can't pick it up by the tank when on a mod (or at least my mods).
    One thing that I also prefer the theorem for is how you change the tanks. Simply slide off the old one (after draining the tank) and slide on the new one. On the avocado you have to unscrew the 510 pin, unscrew the bottom then swap the tank and reassemble. Now...this almost caused me to break my avocado. I didn't realize that the 510 pin actually goes all the way through to the deck. I tried to unscrew the bottom but stopped with I felt the resistance increasing. I would have liked to have seen a warning about that even though,yes, it was a rookie mistake.

Building and Wicking
    For building coils the avocado wins hands down. There are two main reasons for this. Access and post style. First to get at the deck on the avocado you simply take the top off and go to town. On the theorem you have to first drain the tank, get the tank sleeve off then you have the deck free to work on. Makes recoiling or wicking the avocado much cleaner and easier.
    Avocado has a velocity style post where as the theorem has a three post with a T-style centre post. Now this does make some sense. Both of these can do dual coils but they go about it in different ways. The avocado has a normal dual coil set up with one coil on each side of the posts. But in the theorem it is meant to be used with 2 vertical coils on the same wide of the posts. For that style the post set up would work a lot better than the velocity as you can set your coils right over the wick holes without offsetting them. Now that being said if you were doing a single horizontal coil it will be offset unlike the avocado.
    (The notch coil actually has bends in the leads to align it with the posts perfectly while being centred)

For wicking the theorem gets the edge here. The wick holes aren't really holes by more like notches. Combined withe the fact you have to take the tank sleeve off you have full access to the tank area under the deck to arrange the wicks however you want. you just fold the cotton into the notches, trim it and good to go.
    On the avocado we have two holes in the deck and no access to the tank area. So you have to trim the wicks....feed it in...pull it out to trim....feed it in again...etc. That gets easier with time as you learn how long to make the wicks but still more difficult than the theorem.

Photos of the decks:

Filling:
    Theorem wins.
    with the theorem with you take the top cap off it removes the "regulating component" and exposes a fill hole. Simply fill throw there and pop the cap back and vape away. However since the sleeve comes above the deck you may have trouble getting the tip in the hold depending on the bottle you use.
    The avocado has a similar system in single coil mode. You take the top cap off to expose the deck, then remove the single coil ceramic block and fill through the unused wick holes on that side. Not as clean as the theorem but not hard.
    Now if you have dual coils you do not have a fill hole. Instead you have to push aside one of the wicks then fill through the gap. This isn't hard to do and is actually how I fill in single coil as well so I don't have to bother with the plug.

Airflow:
    Again avocado wins. Adjusting the airflow is much easier. It uses a dripper style two peice top cap so a simple rotation is all that is needed. There are even two different openings on each side you can use: there is a large slot, or a much smaller hole. For single coil you can even have only the small hole on one side.
    The theorem uses a topflow system where the air enters through the tap and is fed to the bottom of the cap or through to the back of the coil, or both. To adjust here you have to unscrew the top of the cap, make the adjustment and screw it back down. It's not hard but more work than the avocado and very hard to see how open it is as you can't see the actual opening.

Edit Photos:

Here is what you have to adjust with the theorem:

This is what you actually rotate to control airflow:

Avocado Air Flows:

Vaping!:
    I have to say I prefer the avocado here. I find I get a better, smoother flavour.
    While I don't build for clouds I think you will get much more out of the avocado as well. You can get two coils in both but you have much more room and airflow in the avocado to work with.
    Wicking is good on both and never had an issue with either.

One thing I did notice was the theorem gets hot very quickly. I'm only running it at ~20W buts after a few drags the glass gets quite warm. A little bit more and the topcap starts to heat up and can get uncomfortable.
    I think this is because there is a less mass to heat up around the chamber compared to other atties.

Overall
    If I had to chose one: Avocado. It's easier to work with, more options, and better flavour.
    But both are very nice little atomizers that worked perfectly for me.
    Last edited by nanokatz; 09-05-16 at 10:11 PM.

AVF Regular
    Nice comparison.
    Stomp likes this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    Nice one nanokatz maybe some pics would help too, just a suggestion.

AVF Regular
    Well that gave me a little insight thanks I have an avocado clone on the way to try something different from my normal!

AVF Regular
    Good darts on the Avo Nano. Its a top bit of budget kit. Learn how trim up the wick prior to pushing into tank and you will never get a dry hit. Its well machined and simplicity in its best form.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ermoon2 View Post
    Nice one nanokatz maybe some pics would help too, just a suggestion.
    Adding some now to clarify some stuff
    ermoon2 likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Crisscross View Post
    Nice comparison.
    +1

Only have the Theorem at the moment - the Avocado 24 is on the hit list - what you have said re the Theorem is spot on for me (cant do a comparison at the moment though, and no way I could do it to your level of detail )

I've found that I've been bringing them temp in TC mode (Sigeli 213) down more and more with the Theorem - the nic hit is way too hard even at 5mg :/ and the vapour is so "thick" makes me a bit queasy when going for a belt on it - overall love the notch coils - the refilling of the Theorem is annoying as the top cap collects juice easily and I'm needing to clean it off each time I refill (which is a lot also - wish the tank capacity was at least double)

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by weissesfleisch View Post
    +1

Only have the Theorem at the moment - the Avocado 24 is on the hit list - what you have said re the Theorem is spot on for me (cant do a comparison at the moment though, and no way I could do it to your level of detail )

I've found that I've been bringing them temp in TC mode (Sigeli 213) down more and more with the Theorem - the nic hit is way too hard even at 5mg :/ and the vapour is so "thick" makes me a bit queasy when going for a belt on it - overall love the notch coils - the refilling of the Theorem is annoying as the top cap collects juice easily and I'm needing to clean it off each time I refill (which is a lot also - wish the tank capacity was at least double)
    Hmm I actually found the vapour to be on the light side in the theorem, with notch or normal coils.
    Edit: light in terms of the thickness not the volume. Volume is no issue
    As for filling the avocado as noted is a little worse....imagine having to unplug that black part on the theorem topcap each time! Thats why I fill by pushing the wicks out of the way...it's just easier.
    Last edited by nanokatz; 09-05-16 at 10:48 PM.

AVF Regular
    That was a very nice comparison. And it makes me happy because I ordered an Avo today. Thanks
    stylemessiah likes this.

AVF Regular
    Nice Nano, very descriptive

Sent from my 0PJA10 using Tapatalk
    ~ JepunKô

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast