Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: IKV 901LR 1st of 4 901 LR Atomiser Review

IKV 901LR 1st of 4 901 LR Atomiser Review

The IKV901LR is the first of 4 reviews on various brands of 901LR atomisers. The video posted on my website is the first of a four part series on the 901LR.

-s
    madbunny, moza and margyb like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by shayne View Post
    The IKV901LR is the first of 4 reviews on various brands of 901LR atomisers. The video posted on my website is the first of a four part series on the 901LR.

-s
    Good review Shayne and good choice in juice if anythings going to give a cart or atty a work out its the Bobas.

Im nearly outta the Bobas till i get home in a week,still one of my favs, all though it chews up the Boge carts lol.

AVF Regular
    Just got an ikv 901 lr in the mail a few days ago, long time since I tried one. Good vapor an great flavor. I havent had any issues yet but its only really a half day in as I have been using other mods as well. Interested to see your other videos. Given you used the same juice in them all it doesnt look promising for the ikv 901.

The tasty vapor steeped tobacco, will kill most of my lr atomisers in 4 days when i get 2 to 4 weeks out of lr atomisers normally. I only use tv tobacco on my higher voltage atomisers which seem to handle these juices better. As I have some bobas in the mail. Is bobas a bit like the tv tobacco, an atty killer, or was it just the ikv 901 that had poor life, or less than normal life when using it?
    Last edited by Mickg33; 21-02-12 at 08:58 AM.

Ill be getting a few of these and giving my opinions on them.

Many things can cause an atty to gunk up like using VG e-liquid. Expect 50% less life if you use VG liquid. Also keep away from Organic flavours.

Also please don't do what shayne read on changing flavours lol. You don't use alcohol to change flavours.

A heating core is a solvent. They disintegrate over time in a very slow process during each use. Alcohol does accelerate this process.
    The alcohol process should only be taken as a last resort only. Repeating the alcohol method will kill your atty over time.

When changing flavours simply add 2 drops of VG and vape it but don't inhale. This will steam clean your atty and this is the only cleaning your atomizer will ever need.

With the amount of beta testers, reviews and happy consumers using the 901LR claiming they get 5 weeks from each atomizer I would say it's user error why 3 died all on the 4th day.

Stay tuned to see how this unfolds.
    Last edited by neofelis; 21-02-12 at 12:03 PM.
    zainwolf likes this.

Neo can you elaborate on 'core is a solvent' solvents are liquids Im confused as to the use f this term for a metal coil...?
    margyb likes this.

A solvent can be a liquid solid or gas substance that dissolves another solid, liquid, or gas.

Read around other vaping forums about it.
    moza likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by neofelis View Post
    I would say it's user error why 3 died all on the 4th day.
    Your probably right mate. I have only been doing this 2 years. So I have probably not got it down pat just yet. Being as I dripped 2 drops in and vaped it and repeated that process for 4 days. I am the one that killed it. Probably dripping from too high, I might need to get that bottle down closer to the atty or something. I know its a very tedious process to drip and vape. You know us new guys, always killing our atties. Thank you ever so much for your informative post on my review. Maybe one day I'll be as informative as you. One can only hope...

Thanks again for your post,

-s
    margyb likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickg33 View Post
    was it just the ikv 901 that had poor life, or less than normal life when using it?
    That will come out when I finish the other reviews. But it appears with my choice of juice to test with, that the IKV901 has the shortest life of all of the test atomisers. I vaped them all with the same juice, same mod, same drip habits and it was the first one to die by several days. But like I said in the video. It may live longer with other juices or vape habits.

-s

Quote Originally Posted by neofelis View Post

Also please don't do what shayne read on changing flavours lol. You don't use alcohol to change flavours.
    Ah, I was just following a guide that some guy named Cisco put out. He is probably not as up to date on atomisers as you are. I should have checked his reputation before I followed his cleaning method.

-s
    Last edited by shayne; 21-02-12 at 06:00 PM. Reason: clarification
    margyb likes this.

Tigs69/Neofelis:

You are knowledgable. I see you have spoke on IkenVape before. And even got to talk to them on ECF. They applauded your wisdom too. Sort of.

-s
    Last edited by shayne; 21-02-12 at 06:14 PM. Reason: Added Greeting at the top.
    margyb and Stomp like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast