Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Wismec Theorum

AVF Regular

Wismec Theorum

It doesn't look like anyone has reviewed this yet so...

Height NOT including the 510 and the drip tip is 32mm

The Theorem was designed by Jaybo and is being marketed by Wismec as a drip tank hybrid. The tank is below the atomiser deck as it is in Genesis atomisers, and you can run cotton or rayon wicks down to the tank. It's a parallel dual coil design but runs quite happily in single coil mode because both coils go on the same side of the deck. It has a dual airflow system where the air enters via the top cap and can be directed across the deck, straight down from the top, or both using the two supplied airflow control rings.

I've used this tank in single coil mode with the SS notch coil, and in dual coil mode with two 2.5mm titanium coils (total 0.28 ohms) 28g 8 wraps each.

The tank comes with two notched coils, but due to their size you can probably only run one at a time. The performance difference between the notched coil and my dual coil setup was mainly the notched coil being able to handle more heat without popping and spitting. Dual coils I'm running at 230C while the notched coil I was running at 245C quite easily (and going through a lot of juice). A thicker gauge titanium wire and larger diameter coils would probably allow it to be run more comfortably at higher temperatures.

Building on the deck is quite easy, with the only idiosyncrasy being that the centre +ive post is harder to get the leads under the correct grub screw since it is one wide slot for both leads. It's big enough to accommodate most larger builds up to 1mm wire thickness. The grub screws are an unusual size, requiring an allen key of 1.5mm so I had to use the supplied tool.

Wicking is also pretty easy because you only have to make sure the wick is in the notches in the deck as you insert it into the glass. I had zero problems with 5mm cotton, 5mm rayon, and 2.5mm of rayon. With a dual coil build I ran the single rayon wick through both coils, and then each side down into the tank. I've had zero wicking issues with this, it's keeping up fine.

Top filling when the wick is dry can be achieved by simply pouring the juice into the side with the fill hole, but when the wicks are wet you need to use a long needle bottle or similar. Unlike the genesis tanks, an Innokin U-can needle bottle works fine because the posts are much shorter. If you don't have a needle bottle you can just pour the liquid into the deck and leave the top cap off for a few minutes so it can seep down into the tank. If you drip liquid into the deck during the day the excess would also find its way down into the tank, and that's what I've been doing. It's pretty no-fuss really. When you put the top cap on a section on the bottom airflow port also seals the fill hole with an O-ring through the deck

The tank has double O-rings on the base and a single O-ring on the top cap. This is so that the resistance on the base is *much* greater than the resistance on the top cap. This means that there is no chance of the base separating when you are taking to the top cap off. (If the base separated during use then it would dump juice all over your mod). I think they've gone a bit too far as it's very difficult to get the base out of the glass when cleaning and rebuilding. The only way I've been able to do it so far is to leave the Theorem on the mod and twist the glass off, which can't be good for the 510 connector on the mod. I'll have to devise a method of pushing the deck through from the top.
    Edit: I've since taken one of the o-rings off the base. It's still plenty firm enough but is easier to pull the glass off to work on the deck.

The tank only holds 2ml which on the notched coils or a dual coil setup will not last very long. If you drip during the day this will keep the tank level up and minimise full-on filling operations. I've just been taking the top cap off and squirting some juice in. It seeps down to the tank because the deck section is not fully sealed from the tank. The stainless deck is simply a close fit with the glass and the slots for the wicks are very large. I've had no problems with leaking however you could not leave the theorem on it's side for any length of time for the same reason - liquid would seep into the top deck and may eventually flow out the air ports in the top cap.

I've been using this in dual airflow mode with both the single notched coil and the dual coil and flavour has been excellent. It's easily as good as any dripper I've tried, and a lot more refined than most.

I've had some issues with juice flowing onto my bottom lip when drawing. It's not clear how this is happening. The supplied glass and SS drip tip is very short so your mouth is very close to the coils.

Pros:
    Easy filling
    Easy building
    Works with a single notched coil
    2 notched coils in the box
    Really great flavour and vapour
    Great DL tank
    Comes with a SS jacketed tank section if you prefer that look and a spare glass tank.
    It actually comes with three glass tanks; two clear and one which is jacketed in stainless steel.
    Other spares included: O-rings, grub scews, 1.5mm Allen key.
    It's a great performing RDTA for the price ($33 to $42 checked with vapeassist.com.au)

Cons:
    Needs to be kept upright, so may not be a good pocket/bag piece for some people
    Small capacity, but filling is very easy
    Separating the glass from the base is difficult I recommend removing one of the o-rings from the base to solve this problem
    Some juice on the lip during use and a very short drip tip. I've been using a longer SS drip tip and this doesn't seem to happen, or not so much.
    The airflow controller is very difficult to adjust on the tank. I found it best to take the top cap off, make the adjustment, then put the top cap back on. Set and forget, mostly.
    I don't think this is so great as a MTL vape. I had the airflow closed completely (with the dual flow ring installed) and it still seemed a little airy. The flavour was great though, so I only put this in the cons because it doesn't look like it's meant for MTL to me. YMMV.

I'll also mention an issue with the notched coils: they are very rugged and may have the potential to last a long time. The leads welded onto them however are not. They have a tendency to break off, and are susceptible to damage themselves if you over-tighten the grub screws.

Another con is that I spelt "Theorem" wrong in the title LOL (fixed, thanks FM)
    Last edited by fabricator4; 05-09-16 at 03:28 PM. Reason: adding more information
    Robray, gtadmin, Fatman and 5 others like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Nice reveiw mate, well done
    fabricator4 likes this.
    I will be travelling in time, please leave a message and I will get back to you last week.

AVF Regular
    Echo that a full and incisive review
    fabricator4 likes this.

AVF Regular
    Thanks for the review fab
    fabricator4 likes this.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Pushing back against the vendor wall, one damn stupid post at a time...

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 13/10/17

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    After fiddling around with various coil builds, settings and airflow options I have built something that's working really well for me. Being a reasonably inexperienced and typically high wattage vaper I have had more misses than hits building on the Theorem. I was a little disappointed with it at first but persisted and had some success with smaller single coil builds. And then, today, I decided to go with a higher resistance and built a Dual parallel 28g kanthal (7 wraps around 3mm) that my mod is reading at 0.89 ohms.
    I placed the coil up reasonably high and had the single bottom airflow fully open. It was nice. Then I switched to the top single top airflow and boom, it was fantastic. I've never had such a decent vape at 35w.

AVF Regular
    Swap the air control ring over and try the dual airflow. It lives up to it's "dripper hybrid" name...

Larger coils seem to be the go in this, minimum 3mm diameter.

Oh, and I took one of the O-rings off the base so it's easier to get on and off. It's still way harder to get the base off than the top cap because the bottom O-rings are really squashed in there. It must have a much shallower groove cut in the base than the top cap as you can see the bottom O-ring is really mashed against the glass. It hasn't leaked with just one O-ring.
    Last edited by fabricator4; 10-06-16 at 07:20 PM.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    Swap the air control ring over and try the dual airflow. It lives up to it's "dripper hybrid" name...

Larger coils seem to be the go in this, minimum 3mm diameter.

Oh, and I took one of the O-rings off the base so it's easier to get on and off. It's still way harder to get the base off than the top cap because the bottom O-rings are really squashed in there. It must have a much shallower groove cut in the base than the top cap as you can see the bottom O-ring is really mashed against the glass. It hasn't leaked with just one O-ring.
    Thanks for the tips. Good idea with the bottom O-rings, it sure can be a ***** to get off.

I'm finding with larger coils and higher watts (even with dual air ring) the tank is getting very hot. I've had to change out the short drip tip for a longer one when using it like this. What power settings do you typically use on this thing?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Anomie View Post
    Thanks for the tips. Good idea with the bottom O-rings, it sure can be a ***** to get off.

I'm finding with larger coils and higher watts (even with dual air ring) the tank is getting very hot. I've had to change out the short drip tip for a longer one when using it like this. What power settings do you typically use on this thing?
    Sorry, I somehow missed this when you wrote it. I've run this at up to 50 watts with dual coils, I'm sure it will do more but that's plenty for me. Currently running dual claptons at 0.4 ohm at a very comfortable 38 watts. Very smooth, no spitting, and no getting juice on my bottom lip.

AVF Regular
    Just bought one of these tanks, thanks heaps for the review fab. Can't wait to try it out when I get back home.
    fabricator4 likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by act180 View Post
    Just bought one of these tanks, thanks heaps for the review fab. Can't wait to try it out when I get back home.
    No worries, hope you enjoy it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast