Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Ikenvape 901 LR atomizer

Ikenvape 901 LR atomizer

I thought I'd take a few moments and do a brief first impressions write up on this atomizer. I actually had it sitting on my desk for almost a week before my adapter finally arrived and I was able to enjoy it.

It's perhaps no secret that I really like Ikenvape atomizers and if you look around the 'net at various reviews and forum threads about them, you'll easily see they are extremely popular bordering on fanaticism.

I wasn't sure what to expect, what with people going on about drip shields for them etc. so proceeded with cautious dripping on it. I followed Isaac's guide found on the Ikenvape ECF thread: [GUIDE] Vaping With IkenVape Atomizers

The first thing I noticed about this atomizer is that the draw is absolutely PERFECT. Not too stiff, not too airy! I had tried putting it in a drip shield and was barely able to puff on it at all, so that got taken off immediately.

The next thing I noticed was that the flavour was as brilliant as an i06. No funky primer, no harsh burnt taste when the juice starts running out. You can definitely taste the flavour going south when it starts to get dry but that is your cue to re-drip it. I was putting 2 drops at a time and have been getting 4-5 really nice hits off it. The first few are especially flavourful! I've since relaxed a bit and put 3 drops at a time in it

Which brings me to the third thing I've noticed about it. It doesn't leak! I can't imagine why anyone ever felt drip shields were necessary, but I haven't tried other brands of 901 atomizers as of yet. I have yet to see a single stray drop coming out of either the air hole on the side or the battery connection. I think you'd have to drip like a drunken monkey and actually squirt the bottle into the drip tip opening to get a flood out of it. I do like my other Ikenvape attys still, but much less since trying this 901. I took it off my china tube and was surprised to find the atomizer connector bone dry. A first, for me! If you are a direct dripper, you really owe it to yourself to try it with one of these beauties.

I've only been using it for a couple of days, so even if by some miracle it only lasts me another 2, the vape on it is so nice that I would still think it was worth it. I am fairly confident that it will prove more durable for me than it has for others as I have yet to see a single one of my Ikenvape atomizers fail, even ones I've hammered with all VG juices for over a month. I have four i06's, 3 of the 510 HV's and now just the one lonely 901 LR, but not one of them has begun to go out on me as of yet. I take no special care of them at all, though when not attached to a battery, they do get at least a carto condom over the end to shield the connector from the harsh tropical climate here. If I feel one is stiffening up on me, I blow it out as much as possible and give it at least a few drip sessions of unflavoured 0mg VG. My SR i06 did get quite gunky and stiff at one point after much VG juice being vaped on it, so I put a buttplug carto over the battery connector, filled the tip with some unflavoured PG and left it to soak overnight. Blew it out the next day and re-primed it with flavour and it was as brilliant as ever.

Next on my hit list will be to try a 901 HV on a ProVari ;-) can't wait!

I'll post a followup on the durability of my new-found precious.

One thing I can say without a doubt, it is the most satisfying vape I have yet experienced.

[UPDATE]

I've had this going daily for over a week now without a hitch, hits like a champ and same smooth draw. Particularly nice with tobacco juices!
    Last edited by zainwolf; 28-02-12 at 02:03 AM.
    AddictRick likes this.

AVF Regular
    thanks for that review. keep us posted.

and based on your recommendation, i'll give it a shot definitely on my next order.

AVF Regular
    I would agree with your comments. Great flavour and good vapor, but i havent used it long enough yet either.

For me the i06 is still my go to as it produces a bit more vaper and the same flavour, but a tighter draw. I also dont need a adapter (i like to keep my mods as small as possible). Like you i dont have an issue with it leaking, but a 901 by design is more prone to it with the holes in the side.

I have only been using the ikv 901 for a few days also, so to early to tell about durability, but in general I have found generic 901's in the past to drop off in performance relatively quicker than the i06's/510's I have used. But i made that decision pretty early in my vaping days and think its time to give them another go now that i am a bit more experienced. Time will tell.

I keep meaning to use the ikv 901 consistently for a while but every few days I get a new mod, or atomiser etc in the post and switch to that. But like you will post back over time how they go.

By the way in general LR atomisers have a shorter life than higher ohm atomisers, and even when I buy a couple say joye 306's, the life can vary anywhere from a few days to a few months, from that same batch. Build variances, coupled with the voltage , how wet you keep them when you drip, and the juice you use all play a factor so the more of us that post here our experiences the better the overall picture we will gather.
    Last edited by Mickg33; 23-02-12 at 08:40 AM.

Sounds good. Definitely going to grab one a of these with my next order...

I got a cheap 510 to 901 adapter from HC and you wouldn't even notice it was on there. Definitely no hassle for an adapter! I got a spare so I can make a juice feeder with a 901 connection, if only I can find a nut to fit the 510 threads!

Two weeks of happiness so far and this thing hasn't missed a beat and shows no signs of slowing down at all. :-) Very satisfied Ikenvape customer and gradually becoming more biased lol

I have nine Ikenvape attys of different types and resistances so far and my first one is still cranking out some CHEWY vapour. I loooove a ton of vapour! Here's my happy little collection so far and yes, I use them all at one time or another (though I have a couple still in plastic for spares):

1. i06 2.5
    2. IKV 510 HV 3.5 x3
    3. i06 3.5 x2
    4. i06 1.8
    5. IKV 901 LR x2

Next up will be the i06 XLR 1.5 which should be in my sweaty mitts this coming Monday and in about a fortnight's time I'll have a couple of different HH.357s, a 510 long barrel and a 901, both LR 1.5's and will do a write up on those as well. Trigger already pulled there! ;-) In about a month's time I hope to review the Madvapes shorty carto on the SDK w/ a SS shorty drip tip. It'll be the cutest little vape ever! hehehe the boot knife of PV's

I don't think I'll do video reviews though because 1) I don't have a webcam and 2) I've got a face for radio lol I'm too lazy to shave But seriously if you want to know what my review videos would end up being like, watch this:

bahahaha gotta love Glenn he's a champ

AVF Regular
    io6 are definitely worth what they cost. Ordered a cannon 3.5 ohm will interesting to see how it performs.Might have to try the 901 atty next order.
    Move along!!! Nothing to see here.

see i watched that video .. expecting a review, thats what I did wrong.
    Its sort of a review of his reviewing technique in a way.
    zainwolf likes this.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ckane View Post
    io6 are definitely worth what they cost. Ordered a cannon 3.5 ohm will interesting to see how it performs.Might have to try the 901 atty next order.
    Still have my first cannon's and 901 LR's in use. Sort off grab them and put them on for an hour here and there, so cant say I have totally tested them.

I like them but not sure I can see the advantage of them over the i06 LR or 510 3.5ohm ones which I really like. I guess its a personal preference thing , but I think the vapor production and flavour is best on 3.7v's for me with the i06 and at 5v'sish with the 510 IKV 3.5 ohm atomisers.

I have had a couple of IKV 510 Hv's die rather quickly after only a week recently, but I think its that organic steeped tobacco that does it , and haven't tried a dry burn on them yet to see if I can clean them
    Interesting to see what others think

AVF Regular
    My Ikv 510 Hv only lasted about a week too. I haven't been game to try another.
    Move along!!! Nothing to see here.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast