Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Avocado 24

AVF Regular

Avocado 24

Thought I share some of my thoughts on this considering how long I have been procrastinating on whether to get it or not for the longest time.

Packaging

Standard GeekVape packaging if you have any other of their products previously.

Came with 2 diferent colours of orings for the glass (green and orange), and spare smaller orings for the rest of the tank in black. Frosted glass came pre-installed and clear glass as spare. Spare 510 maler bore drip tip with the inner diameter goes small to large as it reach the top. Last but not least, it came with the orange multi key T-piece with 2 allen keys and a phillips screwdriver. Would be nice if they give a flathead screwdriver instead since you will need to take this tank apart and both centre pins are flat head configuration.

User Friendliness

First thing first, I took everything apart to give it a good clean. Had no issue with removing the 2 centre pins, **but** there are two tiny insulator rings in between the long pin that just fell off to the floor and it took me a good 10-15 minutes to find because GeekVape knows my floor colour and they decided to give me a challenge in life finding these two miniature rings.

TIP: When you take it apart, do it on a flat surface with something soft underneath (rag, paper towel, etc). I can see that people will loose these rings sooner or later. If you are feeling brave and love to live on the edge, do it over the sink and test your reflexes to see if you are quick enough to catch those small little bugger when they free falling into the drain. Better yet, do it over your toilet bowl, so when you loose those things, you an flush the whole thing and buy another tank!

Once you put everything back together, it's time to build and wick. No fancy build for me. Just 7 wraps 26ga single coil, and another configuration will be 7 wraps 26ga dual coils. Wicking is not a big deal as long as you don't pack too much cotton on the juice holes and leave some space for a breathing space.

So how is it?

I tried running single coil on mine and it performs OK. The ceramic plug with the side airflow is not to my liking since I like my vape warm. As a result, you can feel both warm and cool vape coming out. Swapped it to the plug without the airflow hole, and it is much more to my liking. Flavoursome warm vape with low profile amount of vapour.

Next, I ran it dual coils just to see how it is, and yep, this is how I like it! Warmer flavoursome vape and I have kept it as is eversince. Considerably more vapour being dual coils however. Lots of airflow options on this where I can mouth to lung or straight to lung no worries. I like mine on the circular airflow on both sides since I'm running dual coils and just to give that tight airdraw. One thing that I do not do previously with my other tanks is to tilt alot when I vape since the tank is underneath the deck. So far, no dry hits and I'm a hapy camper.

Filling up the tank is nice and easy, fits my glass and plastic dropper and the side fill is conveniently placed. Juice usage is normal to me and did not find it to use more or less juice compared to the Griffin 22.

When you do want to clean your coils, this is when it gets tricky as your tank needs to be empty since once you tilt the tank, if you still have some juice in the tank, say goodbye to your juice. So far, I have cleaned my coils twice on this and I have do it extra careful so no water goes into the tank. Some water just hangs around on the juice flow holes, and I just use tissue to dry it.

Overall, this tank is an upgrade from my Griffin 22 in terms of flavour and tank capacity. Cleaning the whole tank can be annoying for some people as you need to dismantle everything. Not to mention the two small insulator rings which will drop once you remove the pins. Another thing that I'm really happy about is that there is no overhang on my little Coolfire 4+ which is awesome.

Couple of crappy photos can be seen here Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

AVF Regular
    Great Review
    singlefished and zeth like this.

Current Mods = Joytech Cuboid 200w , eVic-VTC Mini 75w , Istick 120W and 40w , Wismec Reuleaux RX200S
    Current Tanks = Joytech Cubis , Smok TFV4 Mini , Smok TF-RTA G2 , S-body Astral Tank , Uwell Crown , Wotofo Serpent RTA , Geekvape Griffin RTA , Geekvape Griffin 25 RTA , Geekvape Tsunami RDA , Geekvape Avocado RDTA and Velocity v2 RDA clone

currently vaping 10mg Home Brewed E-juice

Jason Richards

AVF Regular
    Looks good mate, I have the silver on the way.

What are you wicking with? I have some Fiber Freaks on the way ~ supposedly works great in the avo
    zeth likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by singlefished View Post
    Looks good mate, I have the silver on the way.

What are you wicking with? I have some Fiber Freaks on the way ~ supposedly works great in the avo
    Thanks!

Yeah, loving the look of it on my mod fo sure. I just use japanese cotton and scottish roll it. Still got heaps of those.
    singlefished likes this.

AVF Regular
    Yup, I have plenty of koh gen do laying around but have read a lot of good stuff about fiber Freaks - will post here about it once it arrives
    zeth likes this.

AVF Regular
    So, the Avo24 and the Fiber Freaks arrived.... great combo!!!

After coiling and wicking I filled up the juice tank and just left it to see how long it would take to soak the wick right up to the coil... Maybe about 90 seconds which I think was pretty good for high VG juice on a bone dry wick.

Vaping is great, great flavour after a couple of primer puffs and the wick keeps up real good with chain vaping thick VG juice in the colder weather we're having.

If I could find a cheaper supplier then I would buy more.... it's maybe a bit too expensive on Fasttech and nowhere I've seen in Australia supplies it

I'll try in the serpent mini and tsunami next and see how it goes.... should help give even more flavour in the mini which is already a flavour beast!!!
    zeth likes this.

AVF Regular

After coiling and wicking I filled up the juice tank and just left it to see how long it would take to soak the wick right up to the coil... Maybe about 90 seconds which I think was pretty good for high VG juice on a bone dry wick.

Vaping is great, great flavour after a couple of primer puffs and the wick keeps up real good with chain vaping thick VG juice in the colder weather we're having.

If I could find a cheaper supplier then I would buy more.... it's maybe a bit too expensive on Fasttech and nowhere I've seen in Australia supplies it

I'll try in the serpent mini and tsunami next and see how it goes.... should help give even more flavour in the mini which is already a flavour beast!!!
    Assuming youre talking about the Avo...
    VapeAssist is your friend: http://vapeassist.com/search/avocado%2024?country=au
    Assuming youre talking about Fiber Freaks...
    VapeAssist is still your friend: http://vapeassist.com/search/fiber%20freaks?country=au
    Last edited by stylemessiah; 11-06-16 at 01:32 AM.
    singlefished likes this.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Pushing back against the vendor wall, one damn stupid post at a time...

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 13/10/17

AVF Regular

Fiber freaks eh? Is it that much better than say a Koh Gen Do? But what am I suppose to do with my stash? Hardly went through a 1/4 LOL
    singlefished likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by zeth View Post
    Fiber freaks eh? Is it that much better than say a Koh Gen Do? But what am I suppose to do with my stash? Hardly went through a 1/4 LOL
    Wait for a bit until I put a new wick in.... will tell you how the KGD compares in same coil
    zeth likes this.

AVF Regular
    OK..... had the Fiber Freaks on the Avocado for almost 2 weeks now and taste started dropping off yesterday. It's been rewicked tonight with KGD to see how it compares.

The Avocado has barely left my hand the last 2 weeks, I've really been enjoying it

Here's a picture of the 2 week old wick on it's way out...... it still looks brand new! I thought there would at least be rusty looking brown stains under the coil but it's spotless!

It's Hard to knock this wick so far as it wicks great and flavour is good.... whether it's better than the KGD I'll come back and report in a few days.

FYI: coil has had a dry burn and is being reused ~ I wanted to use the same coil for comparison purposes.

disley, zeth and Rodrocket like this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast