Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Aspire plato

Super Moderator

Aspire plato

I recently won an Aspire Plato in a comp run by Heaven Gifts ( thank you very much), and I'm actually a little surprised that I like it as much as I do. So I decided to write a review

I normally only use mechanical squonkers, which is generally a fairly small form factor. I recently used one of my partner's Prism T22 tanks on an sx mini, and tbh it felt bloody huge lol But the plato is a rather groovy small size.

I've always liked nautilus bvc coils, and the new clapton ones are just as good. The adjustable air flow on the plato works well for MTL vapers. I have it almost fully closed and it gives a great vape. It doesn't feel like getting a DL designed tank which gives a really crappy vape when you reduce the airflow for MTL. I can't speak about the sub ohm coil set up you get with the plato, as I just haven't bothered with it lol

Refilling it is a breeze. I use those zippo looking juice bottles, and I was able to refill the plato whilst driving at 100klm/hr on the highway without any spillage or clean up necessary *not that I recommend refilling whilst driving *. It was quite funny as I was driving along vaping, then thought "oh the flavour is getting a bit crap. That's a bit disappointing that the coils only last for a few days before performance drop" Then in dawned on me to check the juice level, and yep, it was empty *facepalm* I'm just too used to squonking I'm currently vaping it at 18 watts with fairly high VG, and it's been keeping up fine. I've been using it for about 5 or 6 days, and I must say I'm fairly impressed.

Does it vape on a par with my squonkers with rebuildable atties? No. But in saying that, nothing would compare to them as they are my vaping nirvana

Would I buy one with my hard earned dollars if I wanted a plug and play vape setup for lazy days? Absolutely.

The one and only thing that I don't like about it is.... (and this is so not a complaint as it was a prize and I'm very appreciative) ...

the colour

When the package arrived I was all oooh as who doesn't love vape mail. I opened the box.... and it's pink . Sorry, it's technically lavender. I am so not a pink person. That being said, I figured if I'm gonna have a pink mod, then I'm gonna rock it, so I have teamed it up with a hot pink XX drip tip that I never got around to pif'ing. And it's now growing on me

So thank you Heaven Gifts for helping me get in touch with my girly girl side

TL : DR Highly recommend this mod for the MTL crowd using the clapton heads.
    moza, gtadmin, Crisscross and 9 others like this.
    Ingrid

Quote Originally Posted by rockmoose View Post
    Is Ingrid the only one who thinks my penis looks slightly vaginal?

AVF Regular
    Betcha XX has a drip tip to match it
    giruvian and merexy like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by mallee00 View Post
    Betcha XX has a drip tip to match it
    Reckon I do.....
    giruvian, merexy and mallee00 like this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    80% of my vaping is done on a Plato. I prefer the standard 1.8ohm BVC heads, I could never get the Claptons to work as well for me. The only negative I could give the Plato is it's a little bit more involved when it comes to changing coils compared to a Nautilus or similar tank. I can also highly recommend this set up for a mouth to lung vaper and like Ingrid, I'm yet to try the sub ohm coil.
    giruvian and Fatman like this.
    Just get an EPM.

Super Moderator
    Well there you go. I didn't know the standard bvc coils fit ok So there's another option.
    Ingrid

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by giruvian View Post
    Well there you go. I didn't know the standard bvc coils fit ok So there's another option.
    Sorry, I meant the normal Nautilus 1.8ohm coils, not the Claptons. The little Aspire BVC heads don't fit. It's a ripper unit though.
    Just get an EPM.

Super Moderator
    I think it may end up getting the main cover wrapped though.

Adam and Crisscross like this.
    Ingrid

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Sorry, I meant the normal Nautilus 1.8ohm coils, not the Claptons. The little Aspire BVC heads don't fit. It's a ripper unit though.
    Oops that's what I meant too - nautilus bvc.. I keep forgetting about the other bvc heads
    Adam and Crisscross like this.
    Ingrid

AVF Regular
    The plato is my one device that I use all day.

I started off with the 1.8ohm nautilus coils, but at one point I decided to use my istick20 with a triton mini and the nautilus coils.

I didnt feel the need to have two 1.8ohm coils running at the same time, so I decided to try out the 0.4ohm plato coil that came with the device.

It changed everything. I am now an exclusive 0.4ohm clapton coil vaper.

The 0.4ohm plato coil is same design as the 0.4ohm cleito tank coil.

My two setups now are the plato, and the cleito on an evic mini. The two setups give an idenitcal vape, but the the cleito/evic is really only my backup (it was about a $40 cheaper investment than buying a spare plato, as I had purchased the evic mini second hand cheap previously to test out temperature control).

I will deifnitely be seeing myself out of vaping one day with my plato. Plato till the end.

My only critisms was it was too damn cold to touch in the morning. But I fixed that ; Whats with the delay on the silicone protective case sleeve for aspire plato?

Good times.

Last edited by PurpleVapes; 25-09-16 at 11:28 PM.
    giruvian and Crisscross like this.

AVF Regular
    I'm just here to giggle at the pink....

giruvian and Fatman like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast