Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: The Provari Mini - A First Look Video

The Provari Mini - A First Look Video

The Provari Mini First Look Video as Posted from my Site.

-s

great review shayne

Super Moderator
    Great honest review. I keep thinking about that Texan from the Simpsons glove slap episode when I hear you, even though I understand you're from TN.

We all talk somewhat alike down south. But if you were native you'd hear the difference in TN and TX. Look at all the different accents in the UK and how tiny that country is. I couldn't tell you Manchester from Birmingham. But I bet most Poms can.

-s

helpful vid thanks shayne, nice shot of all 3 configs, pity you didn't have 2 mini's to show the full spectrum hehe

I was just thinking today of doing the chrome extender on black, the 'new' ceramic satin black looks good, not sure about the grip though.

neat twist on the mini being shorter in 18490 mode too.
    - - - - - - -=-=-=-=-=-=<=<<<([[-- HanaMini - ReoMini2.1 - Nemesis --]])>>>=>=-=-=-=-=- - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shayne View Post
    We all talk somewhat alike down south. But if you were native you'd hear the difference in TN and TX. Look at all the different accents in the UK and how tiny that country is. I couldn't tell you Manchester from Birmingham. But I bet most Poms can.

-s
    I could listen to that drawl for ages.

AVF Regular
    Normally I have always enjoyed your video's but not this one. Maybe I got out of the bed on the wrong side this morning, but this felt more like a Advertisement than a first impressions.

Normally Shayne, you would even in a first impressions have described things like your vaping style? would you describe yourself as a heavy vaper? How long did you get out of the provari mini in its small config, how many ml's, how long have you been using it for, when you used it? and what voltage did you use it at? You would have normally always at least provided that info in the past even if it was a first impressions/look video.

This time you gave some generic facts from a stats sheet, and jumped straight to a "i would buy one line, if I am lucky enough to be able to, and here is the price in english pounds" - never seen you do that before.

Not so much for my benefit, but I dont like it when reviewers say I will buy one with out providing much info, as often newbies will buy on that info alone, as you are in a position of trust. Not saying its not a good mod, just saying I dont like the different approach you took on this mod.
    Last edited by Mickg33; 04-03-12 at 10:42 AM.
    TVFKAM likes this.

i have had a provari since they came out to the market & i still think it is the most professional built unit.
    i did go & buy a standard Satin V2 & the difference is huge.
    V2 took away my slight & only complaint which was the 2.5 amp limiter.
    At 3.5 amp its the best VV ever Created & by a long margin.
    However i didn't go for the mini because i don't see myself using 18350 & i never used my provari in 18490 mod.
    And Mick, most Provari reviews sound like an advertisement because they are that good.

AVF Regular
    May be a bit grumpy this morning, but when you haven't paid for a mod, I think you need to explain a bit more before you say "i will buy one". Not saying the mod is no good, or Shayne is not honest, just dont like the style of this video. EG 3-4 hours life with a 18350 battery would be great if you vaped 6mls of juice at 5v's or it may be crap if it was 1ml of juice at 3.3 v's.
    Last edited by Mickg33; 04-03-12 at 11:14 AM.

I think...

Quote Originally Posted by Mickg33 View Post
    Normally I have always enjoyed your video's but not this one. Maybe I got out of the bed on the wrong side this morning, but this felt more like a Advertisement than a first impressions.

Normally Shayne, you would even in a first impressions have described things like your vaping style? would you describe yourself as a heavy vaper? How long did you get out of the provari mini in its small config, how many ml's, how long have you been using it for, when you used it? and what voltage did you use it at? You would have normally always at least provided that info in the past even if it was a first impressions/look video.

This time you gave some generic facts from a stats sheet, and jumped straight to a "i would buy one line, if I am lucky enough to be able to, and here is the price in english pounds" - never seen you do that before.

Not so much for my benefit, but I dont like it when reviewers say I will buy one with out providing much info, as often newbies will buy on that info alone, as you are in a position of trust. Not saying its not a good mod, just saying I dont like the different approach you took on this mod.
    Fair enough Mick. But the reason I only put out stats is, that's all I have at this point. I'd normally use something for weeks before I review it. I am the first person in the world to do a video on the provari mini. I usually do videos on products that 50 other people has done reviews on. So the layout of this video is slightly different than previous videos.

The price is in pounds too because I'm a registered reviewer in two other countries. I thought the UK vapers would enjoy a shout out on the UKV site. And it turns out from the reception it got on there. They did. Several of my videos, first look and other, I have said. I have been looking for a "insert product type here" and this is not it. So while you have not heard many product that I said. I'd buy this. You have heard a few that I would not buy. Sorry if it sounds like a commercial to you, but. I own the previous one. And I'll own the future one. I will buy it. March the 15th. I'll own one. The provari is that good to me.

As always I appreciate constructive criticism. I do these videos for vapers. I will not always please everyone but try to give the majority the information that they want.

Thanks for letting me know what you want in a constructive manner. I really do appreciate it.

-s

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast