Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By prof beard

Thread: Juice Review - El Toros Puros Naturales

Juice Review - El Toros Puros Naturales

This review is of El Toro "Puros Naturales" from The Finest eLiquid Brands Worldwide. Georgio sent me this liquid free of charge to try out, but I think you know I tell the truth by now...

House of Liquid sell a number of ranges of liquid including the Halo range, but Georgio tells me the El Toro range is his own creation and is made in America. He says he has been making tobacco leaf based nicotine liquids for around four years, but has only been doing it professionally for about a year.

The website blurb says:

El Toro are using selected Cuban tobacco leafs to naturally essence their liquids. The result is superb and dry tobacco aromas with distinctive nutty undertones just as a number of tobacco varieties that come from Cuba. If you are a real tobacco lover, this is your brand. No sugars, fruit tastes or artificial essences. Pure tobacco as close to the real thing as it gets.

The Puros Naturales I've been trying is 50/50 VG/PG (I asked Georgio) and came in 24mg strength. The liquid came in a brown glass bottle with a nice "bull" logo label and a back label listing the flavour, strength, best by date (Jan 2014) and warnings. No ingredients list though. The bottle came with a "TW style glass dropper top with rubber bulb"; Georgio says that purchased bottles come with an additional childproof top.

The little is a rich gold colour and smells strongly of a rich tobacco with a certain "undergrowth" element. I don't find the smell unpleasant myself, but I’ve always liked tobacco smells. The liquid flows well and drips easily.

I tried this liquid out using two different atomisers and devices: a 1.5ohm Cisco LR306 on my Super T Precise Plus 18350 and an Apex AVA LR on my Apex Alpha Ultra.

With the Cisco, the liquid is remarkably cigar-like - and a strong cigar at that - the flavour vaped is more or less all rich tobacco with a bit of nuttiness - the aftertaste is also almost all tobacco, with an initial "juicy" note which passes quickly leaving a dry tobacco taste. The Cisco produced a very cigar-like "big hit" with lots of vapour.

With the AVA, the whole effect was "toned down" - still cigar, but the hit is smoother and more cigarette in strength (The AVA gives a cooler vape) The AVA probably gave more subtlety of flavour, but essentially the same main flavour and notes.

The vapour smells of tobacco, but doesn't cause comment from my wife, so can't hang around overmuch.

Georgio tells me the Puros Naturales is made by steeping Cuban tobacco leaves in PG to get the taste and smell - this also results, depending on the freshness of the tobacco, in the inclusion of "some" natural nicotine and possibly some tobacco alkaloids. The tobacco leafs used are selected from varieties destined to be used for the core of cigars.

I've found that the flavour has improved over the three or so days I've been using the liquid - it started as "not bad" as has improved to "pretty damn good" - I suspect this is due to "oxidisation" as the liquid has been exposed more to the air.

Overall, this is a very decent vape for someone who likes cigars - I've not found a liquid which is as close to cigar flavour as this. Initially I thought the strength of flavour might be "too much" for prolonged use, but I've used nothing else for three days and have not felt the need to stop. It's no Cohiba, but I think that would require burning something
    Last edited by prof beard; 04-03-12 at 09:39 PM.
    CCC likes this.
    I won't slave for beggar's pay,
    likewise gold and jewels,
    but I would slave to learn the way
    to sink your ship of fools

AVF Regular
    So this is an old review then as the best by date is 2004 ?

Well written review sir. I thoroughly enjoyed that and might have to order some when money permits!
    JuiceWhore Sig

Quote Originally Posted by margyb View Post
    So this is an old review then as the best by date is 2004 ?
    Oops - corrected - thanks
    I won't slave for beggar's pay,
    likewise gold and jewels,
    but I would slave to learn the way
    to sink your ship of fools