Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Ijoy Max Quod 18650

AVF Regular

Ijoy Max Quod 18650

I was going to do a full review on the Maxo Quad but I couldn't stand seeing it rocking back and forth on a flat surface anymore so I sent it back.

If you are considering adding this mod to your arsenal then think twice, Yes it is a big beautiful looking mod with a great led screen and the menu is very easy to use, the battery capacity is second to none with a 4 batt capability and maxing out at 315 watts. The chip includes the ability to programme the first 3 seconds of your vape with a histogram broken into 0.5 second blocks that you can tweak to custom your particular coil for that perfect hit and let's face it the blue limited edition is a stunner.
    But if the damn thing can't sit on a flat surface without rocking then what's the point of having all the good things only to be spoilt by one fault.

Yeah sure I could have stuck a couple of small rubber feet to the bottom but when you pay $85 for a mod the least you expect is for it to sit nicely when you put it down. The other factor to consider is it is a very heavy device despite it's relatively small form and not something you would want to lug around all day in town.
    If I haven't turned you off yet and you still want one well at least you have been informed about the con's of this thing and the good points so you can make your own decision knowing this.

Ijoy need to get their act together before releasing new products to the market and rushing out to beat the Jones, if they want to be a leader in the vaping hardware market then take the time to design your products properly from top to bottom.

They have lost me as a first time customer and I won't be going back, not only have they wasted my time but it cost me money to send it back because I have no claim on free shipping when it was sent to me from Vapoureyes so I can't claim the postage back if I didn't pay it in the first place. But I did have to pay it to return it.

This review was written by a good friend of mine and I share it here with his permission and I would like to add my picture of the problem

Vapoureyes was kind enough to give me a $40 gift voucher as I decided to keep the mod and use it in two battery mode.
    Cat likes this.

AVF Regular
    It only rocks if you keep on poking at it. :-D

I think I could live with it, but I can also see how it would drive some people to distraction.

Interesting design problem really, because the door in the 4 battery mod has got so large:

1) Build a swing door beefy enough to say in place and not bulge. This would add weight and bulk - not what they were after at all.

2) Use a sliding door that is locked in place on all four sides. Sliding doors are harder to open and close and can come off and get lost, but once they in place they are rock solid.

3) Use a strong swing door, but one that deforms under the pressure of four batteries.

Unfortunately they took option 3, probably not realising just how bad the bulge was going to be until the doors came back from the fab shop. I think they would have been better off going with a more bulky design - anyone wanting such a bulky mod is already resigned to it being a desktop piece rather than a pocket piece.
    Noe, DogMan and Dymo316 like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    It only rocks if you keep on poking at it. :-D

I think I could live with it, but I can also see how it would drive some people to distraction.

Interesting design problem really, because the door in the 4 battery mod has got so large:

1) Build a swing door beefy enough to say in place and not bulge. This would add weight and bulk - not what they were after at all.

2) Use a sliding door that is locked in place on all four sides. Sliding doors are harder to open and close and can come off and get lost, but once they in place they are rock solid.

3) Use a strong swing door, but one that deforms under the pressure of four batteries.

Unfortunately they took option 3, probably not realising just how bad the bulge was going to be until the doors came back from the fab shop. I think they would have been better off going with a more bulky design - anyone wanting such a bulky mod is already resigned to it being a desktop piece rather than a pocket piece.
    Indeed and I have seen this con on quite a few YouTube review as well.....The usual story in too big a hurry to release a new product. I like the mod but have given up trying to force 4 batteries into it. I have arthrits and I stick to two batteries and I am happy with two.

AVF Regular
    Here are my non review thoughts - hopeless at that stuff - I won a Maxo in a raffle but usually I am a tootle puffer.

[​IMG]
    I really like this mod, its big and chunky but much better looking in real life. it also comes with not much in the box - a charger, manual & some side panel decals.
    its great to have the option of customising with the decals but the truth is most are awful and I only liked the black ones - the silver or dark brown could pass at a pinch but the rest clash with the red mod.
    [​IMG]

As I said the quad is huge and it was hard to take a pic with it in my hand. I can only get my hand half way around it but surprisingly it still sits nicely in my hand when vaping and I find it easy to use on that front.
    [​IMG]

It is a really easy mod to operate with a nice clear screen and super easy to change through all the options ( most of which I haven't a clue about) I am running it in power mode at 26 watts with the Estoc tank and its seamless.
    Now onto the stability of it. Well its very solid and will never topple over despite repeated attempts on my part. I couldn't find my other set of matching pink Batteries (forgotten the brand but I know they are good ones - thanks Panda) So I popped a matched set of brown turds in to test the rocking that has been complained about.
    [​IMG]

So onto the rocking story, the mod has four Batteries in it for the following Vids - but there is little difference between two & four batts regarding the very minimal rocking, which only happens if you actually push the mod to make it rock.
    I tested on a mouse pad and also on the kitchen table and you will see I am pushing it quite hard. Its a teensy bit less rocky on the mouse pad.

So my final thoughts on the quad are that it is a awesome desk top mod, I tend to wander around with my Vapes and often dont have one at the computer when I need it - this covers that problem and does it well.
    I really didnt expect to like this and kind of got goaded into it but its been a great experience - I have no hesitation is recommending it.
    I am and will remain a Provari Fan Gal but this brick is great
    Ps, perhaps I was lucky with mine and that needs to be taken into account - however even if it rocked more I would still recommend it as its not a issue unless you intend to sit there actually pushing the Maxo.

AVF Regular
    Here are my non review thoughts - hopeless at that stuff - I won a Maxo in a raffle but usually I am a tootle puffer.

I really like this mod, its big and chunky but much better looking in real life. it also comes with not much in the box - a charger, manual & some side panel decals.
    its great to have the option of customising with the decals but the truth is most are awful and I only liked the black ones - the silver or dark brown could pass at a pinch but the rest clash with the red mod.

As I said the quad is huge and it was hard to take a pic with it in my hand. I can only get my hand half way around it but surprisingly it still sits nicely in my hand when vaping and I find it easy to use on that front.

It is a really easy mod to operate with a nice clear screen and super easy to change through all the options ( most of which I haven't a clue about) I am running it in power mode at 26 watts with the Estoc tank and its seamless.
    Now onto the stability of it. Well its very solid and will never topple over despite repeated attempts on my part. I couldn't find my other set of matching pink Batteries (forgotten the brand but I know they are good ones - thanks Panda) So I popped a matched set of brown turds in to test the rocking that has been complained about.

So onto the rocking story, the mod has four Batteries in it for the following Vids - but there is little difference between two & four batts regarding the very minimal rocking, which only happens if you actually push the mod to make it rock.
    I tested on a mouse pad and also on the kitchen table and you will see I am pushing it quite hard. Its a teensy bit less rocky on the mouse pad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syZqBk0IGLs
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLwZxZzf02s

So my final thoughts on the quad are that it is a awesome desk top mod, I tend to wander around with my Vapes and often dont have one at the computer when I need it - this covers that problem and does it well.
    I really didnt expect to like this and kind of got goaded into it but its been a great experience - I have no hesitation is recommending it.
    I am and will remain a Provari Fan Gal but this brick is great
    Ps, perhaps I was lucky with mine and that needs to be taken into account - however even if it rocked more I would still recommend it as its not a issue unless you intend to sit there actually pushing the Maxo.
    Noe, Fatman and Cat like this.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    I didnt like it either but not for that reason, the thing I loathed about it is there's a 2mm gap from my atty and the 510 was constantly getting flooded when I overdripped a little bit. So now its collecting dust and i've since bought an rx300 which i'm happy with.
    Cat likes this.

Cat
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Travvv View Post
    I didnt like it either but not for that reason, the thing I loathed about it is there's a 2mm gap from my atty and the 510 was constantly getting flooded when I overdripped a little bit. So now its collecting dust and i've since bought an rx300 which i'm happy with.
    I'm really liking my RX300 too, can vape for days on one charge. And the only way it rocks is in a good way, as in it "rocks".

I think Reuleaux added a fourth option to your list Fab.

Also, I have small hands and thought that might be a problem but it's fine.
    Last edited by Cat; 15-01-17 at 12:07 PM.
    Travvv and emu like this.
    Be Realistic. Plan for a Miracle.

Quit smoking 22 Sep 16

Super Moderator
    If that were my mod ( and I liked it enough to keep it ) then I would probably whack a little felt stick-on pad on the low area to stabilise it a little

( I know you shouldnt have to ... but amazing what a 10c fix can achieve)
    DogMan, AllyP, Cat and 1 others like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Travvv View Post
    No gap on mine with the Vaporesso tank that was also piffed to me - I guess its different for dripping which is a world I have no intention of entering due to my limited building skills
    Tootle Puffing Provari Fan Gal & Newbie Squonker

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    If that were my mod ( and I liked it enough to keep it ) then I would probably whack a little felt stick-on pad on the low area to stabilise it a little

( I know you shouldnt have to ... but amazing what a 10c fix can achieve)
    Egg Zactly
    Tootle Puffing Provari Fan Gal & Newbie Squonker

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast