Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Like Tree87Likes

Thread: Aspire Pockex All-in-one review

AVF Regular
    Aww to see how far aspire has fallen.

Back in the days of the original Naut they were pioneers in the field.
    Then came the atlantis and the slow steady decline to Kangertech 2.0
    Very sad.
    emu likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by stylemessiah View Post
    Really have no choice but to pif them and take a loss, ill never use them
    I will buy them, I run a Nautilus X on a Pico - its my gardening outdoor/work vape. Makes no diff to me whether I get them from you or a store - still have to buy them.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by AllyP View Post
    I will buy them, I run a Nautilus X on a Pico - its my gardening outdoor/work vape. Makes no diff to me whether I get them from you or a store - still have to buy them.
    Just send me your address via PM and you can have them, i hate stuff sitting around mocking me

Sure took the shine off my VapeKing experience, which has up till now been my goto for gear for newbie starter kits and coils.
    emu likes this.
    So you may have noticed ive been absent...not just of mind...like normal....

I decided to take a few months off, download all 9 seasons of Dirty Jobs and watch it ...

I wont be back till i am well and able to take part regularly, besides people expect a certain continuity of weirdness and inappropriateness...and im currently unable to service your twisted needs
    But i am looking forward to hopefully being back soon...

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tara View Post
    See Eleaf have just brought out another nice looking AIO device too. Its called the iJust One Kit. This one takes
    the EC and GS Air coils.

iJust ONE - Eleaf electronic cigarette

Looks alright but battery life is a bit short. Wonder how it performs.
    It has bottom airflow, looks like it is non-adjustable too & if it does leak, you can't just swap out a tank & try a different atty, it'll be all down the mod out those AF holes.
    1100mah isn't too bad but it's 400mah less than the Pockex.
    muscovyduckling likes this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Noe
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by stylemessiah View Post
    Confirmed, the 1.5ohm coils are useless in the PockeX

Will send Noe a request to update his OP as a warning

Will also send VapeKing a note about making a note about this too

Fudge..$21 down the drain

Expect a PIF....
    "The coils for the Pockex are 0.6 ohm & made from 316L SS wire, with Pockex written on the coil heads. However, I believe the Nautilus X coils also fit the Pockex & the Naut X has 1.5 ohm coils available if you want higher ohm coils." Stated in the review.

Will be changed to : "The coils for the Pockex are 0.6 ohm & made from 316L SS wire, with Pockex written on the coil heads. However, I believe the Nautilus X coils also fit the Pockex & the Naut X has 1.5 ohm coils available but these will not work well in the Pockex, stick to the 0.5 ohm Naut X or 0.6 ohm Pockex coils for best performance."

I was going off of other peoples suggestion that the Naut X coils would fit, which they will but that is useless if they don't perform well in the Pockex.
    stylemessiah likes this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Noe View Post
    "The coils for the Pockex are 0.6 ohm & made from 316L SS wire, with Pockex written on the coil heads. However, I believe the Nautilus X coils also fit the Pockex & the Naut X has 1.5 ohm coils available if you want higher ohm coils." Stated in the review.

Will be changed to : "The coils for the Pockex are 0.6 ohm & made from 316L SS wire, with Pockex written on the coil heads. However, I believe the Nautilus X coils also fit the Pockex & the Naut X has 1.5 ohm coils available but these will not work well in the Pockex, stick to the 0.5 ohm Naut X or 0.6 ohm Pockex coils for best performance."

I was going off of other peoples suggestion that the Naut X coils would fit, which they will but that is useless if they don't perform well in the Pockex.

cheers Noe, it will head off anyone else finding themselves less than impressed. We appreciate the edit!
    Noe and Cat like this.

I decided to take a few months off, download all 9 seasons of Dirty Jobs and watch it ...

I wont be back till i am well and able to take part regularly, besides people expect a certain continuity of weirdness and inappropriateness...and im currently unable to service your twisted needs

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Noe View Post
    It has bottom airflow, looks like it is non-adjustable too & if it does leak, you can't just swap out a tank & try a different atty, it'll be all down the mod out those AF holes.
    1100mah isn't too bad but it's 400mah less than the Pockex.
    I didn't look at the airflow at the time. Is that it on the side of the mod....those 3 holes on each side? Thats huge and
    wouldn't be suitable for mtl. Maybe there is some way to adjust it. Not a lot of info on it as yet but I imagine we will
    see more in the coming days.

Joyetech have also just brought out another one. The Unimax. But it looks quite a bit more expensive. There is so many
    now.

Noe
    I didn't look at the airflow at the time. Is that it on the side of the mod....those 3 holes on each side? Thats huge and
    wouldn't be suitable for mtl. Maybe there is some way to adjust it. Not a lot of info on it as yet but I imagine we will
    see more in the coming days.
    Yes the holes are on each side of the battery tube, if you look carefully at the pictures on their site, you can see right through one hole & out the other to the background.
    Of course, this doesn't mean the device will leak but as experienced vapers know, when you vape & don't empty the chimney on the atty of vapor, that vapor often comes out through the bottom airflow slots/holes & over time some of it condenses into liquid which sits in the base of an atty.
    That condensed vapor will eventually leak out of a bottom airflow type atty if allowed to build up enough, this is why I quite like top airflow designs, the only time condensed vapor is going to leak out is when you turn it upside down or when you take the atty apart. I really think AIOs/atties with top airflow are ideal for newbies or even experienced vapers who need to constantly keep their PV in a pocket or bag.

Joyetech have also just brought out another one. The Unimax. But it looks quite a bit more expensive. There is so many now.
    I am expecting to see more & more AIO type devices, both for starter/newbies & for experienced/current vapers, the Ijoy RDTA box is a good example of an AIO made more for experienced vapers & not for newbies, Smok brought out a similar one too but I expect we will see more of these type of offerings this year. What I think would be getting close to the "Holy Grail" is an AIO device, similar to the Ijoy RDTA box, with the ability to bypass the AIO's tank & use your own 510 atty on it, this way you could have your ADV in the tank & use other tanks/atties at certain times of the day when you want to vape a different flavor etc.
    AllyP likes this.
    Essie's Glass DTs

AVF Regular
    Yeah I saw that too when I looked into it more. Its ridiculous. Also if it is as it seems its a huge oversight considering the lengths
    they have gone to make the device conform to DL and MTL vapers. I'm also a big fan of top airflow....as you may remember

AVF Regular
    But wait it gets worse....read on from my email to VapeKing just now

Brian, well the PockeX/Nautilus coil saga just keeps getting more fucking expensive

I ordered as you know, 10x0.6 Nautlius X coils from Victory Vape last i spoke to you because your stoick level when i went to re-order the PoclkeX ones were low, and many days of AusPost delays later they arrived this morning. I had already decided and arranged to pay forward the Nautlius X 1.5 ones i couldnt use to a new vaper.

Went to the post office today and posted what i was sure were the 1.5 ohm coils, just got home and whats on my desk...the 1.5ohm ones, im not used to having prebuilt coisl aroud, ive never bought them for myself, never used them, so they look identical, ive sent the worlds most expensive, because i had to buy them somewhere else, on top of taking a loss on the original 1.5ohm coils i got from you, PockeX coils to the newbie....and now have to pay to get them, back....meanwhile i have my friend waiting on me to send the PockeX i got from you.

This has turned into a damn nightmare, and the coils i got from you are now set to cost me lets see, what was it before today...

$21 of coils i cant use
    +$34 for 10 x 0.6 ohm coils from an alternate vendor
    +$8.50 postage from alternate vendor
    ===
    $63.50 for $21 of coils i cant use

lets add the $10 it cost me to wrongly send them today
    plus $15 to get them back express post sometime next week
    then $15 when i eventually send out the order to my friend...

$103 dollars for what i thought id given you $21 for

Please put a warning up to only use the 0.6 coils with the PockeX...not just suggested, its not good enough

Im not a happy camper, and ive been a loyal customer, but this is really doing my head in
    Yes folks, not used to having identical boxes of prebuilt coils on my desk, ive only gone and mailed AllyP the wrong coils today...so now i have to send her money to get them back....and wait....meanwhile my newbie keeps going where is my gear?

When you get feedback from people saying something doesnt work vendors take the feedback and adjust your shit so future poor people dont get shafted like i did. Its no longer, sadly, enough that coils fit and are the correct form factor.

Vapeking is im pretty certain going to be joining the illustrious companies already on my shit list....not good enough
    Last edited by stylemessiah; 13-01-17 at 06:01 PM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast