Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree87Likes

Thread: Aspire Pockex All-in-one review

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.

Aspire Pockex All-in-one review

Thanks to Christina at HeavenGifts.com, I received free for review, the outstanding Aspire Pockex all-in-one.
    The Pockex is a simple device & comes in 4 different colors, Black, Rose Gold, White & Stainless Steel, Heaven Gifts has all these colors available.
    Heaven Gifts also has the replacement coil heads, in packs of 5.
    Another welcome addition on the Pockex is the ability to replace the glass tank, Heaven Gifts has these available in various colors too.
    So if the Pockex is a simple device, why is it outstanding?
    Well Read on.

UNBOXING:

Heaven Gifts sent the Pockex, wrapped in bubble wrap, inside a cardboard box, for protection during transport.
    I always prefer my packages to be packed into a box, this offers a level of protection, to the items inside, you just do not get with bubble wrap alone.

On the back of the Pockex box is some information about it and a scratch to check sticker for authenticity.

The replacement coil packs come with 5 replacement coils & also have the scratch for authenticity sticker.
    The coils for the Pockex are 0.6 ohm & made from 316L SS wire, with Pockex written on the coil heads. However, I believe the Nautilus X coils also fit the Pockex & the Naut X has 1.5 ohm coils available but these will not work well in the Pockex, stick to the 0.5 ohm Naut X or 0.6 ohm Pockex coils for best performance.

One of the great features of the Pockex is its replaceable tank, which holds 2ml of ejuice. This means if you drop the pockex & smash the glass tank, you can replace it & still use your All-In-One, unlike some other AIO devices like the Joyetech AIO.
    The spare glass comes with its own metal shroud & is packed in a small box with protective foam insert.
    With this system you can also mix & match tank/body parts on the Pockex to get different color combinations, such as a black body with a gold tank or white body with a black tank etc.

Inside the Pockex box you will find a small instruction manual, a warranty card, the Pockex & a box containing a USB cable & a spare coil head.

Not a lot of extras but it is all you need minus Ejuice to get you up & vaping.

PARTS BREAK DOWN/IN USE:

There are not a lot of parts to the Pockex, being an AIO device but it works remarkably well, this is due to the type of coils it uses & the U-Tech airflow system they employ.

The Pockex comes with a coil installed & all you need to do is give the tank section a quick wash & dry before use. The tank looked & smelled clean but I always wash any new tank, it is a good habit to get into.
    To get to the tank you need to unscrew the top cap, this will bring the coil out with it, it is actually the coil that screws onto the base of the tank.

The top cap has a line going around it for airflow to come through to the coil, both halves are not designed to come away from each other. The coil will unscrew from the top cap, when replacing a coil first install it into the top cap & screw it in tightly.

On the base of the Pockex is the USB charging point, with the USB cable connected it also acts as a passthrough device, so if your Pockex is dead flat & you connect it to the USB you can continue vaping with it. The other thing about the base of the Pockex is it sits completely flat & stable when put down on its end, the Joyetech Ego AIO by comparison wobbles when put down upright & is not as stable.

The pockex is broken down into 4 parts, the top cap, the glass tank, the coil & the battery/body.
    The large oring at the base of where the tank sits ensures it does not leak & the seal on the top cap works well too. The top cap seal may come away from the top cap when unscrewing for refilling, this isn't any real problem, just seat it back into its grove on the top cap & it will work as normal.

The Drip Tip on the Pockex is proprietary, I personally do not have an issue with the Drip Tip as provided, however there are after market DTs available for the Nautilus X that will also fit the Pockex.

On the Tank there is a max fill line, on the Black tank it can be a little difficult to see in poor light but turn a light on & it becomes clearer.
    I am not going to recommend over filling past this line, just try to fill up to the line but if you do over fill by a few drops it will not cause the Pockex to leak unlike other AIOs which may.
    In testing I deliberately over filled with 0.5ml of juice or approx 15 drops, this was far more than "just a few drops over" as most users may have happen from time to time, this did not cause the Pockex to leak, however the vapor produced was on the drier side & not as flavorsome, until the level decreased in the tank to a normal fill amount.

One very minor con that the Pockex has, is when refilling with a new flavor of juice. If you are refilling with the same flavor it is not an issue at all but with a new flavor you will be left with about 5 drops of juice below where the coil sits. This is easily solved by removing the glass tank & wiping the juice out with a paper towel or cloth.

OVERALL THOUGHTS/ CONCLUSION:

During my testing, I had no issues at all with the Pockex's performance.
    The draw from the airflow is perfect for both MTL & restricted DL vaping, the volume of vapor produced can be light to heavy with small clouds possible as well as virtually no vapor at all ( just a few wisps).
    The draw is very similar to that as what a smoker would know from a cigarette, this makes it ideal for smokers wanting to try to replace smoking with vaping.
    This is a great new vaper's device, much better than the Joytech AIO , IMO, I tested both side by side during my testing & the results with the Pockex were far better flavor, far better draw & a better experience overall.
    Run times are good from the 1500mah battery, using the provided coils, from a full charge I was able to vape through 2.5 tankfuls (5ml) of juice.

While it is a great new vaper's device, it also has a place for experienced vapers. I have found myself taking this device out as a back up over my other larger & heavier devices or simply taking it out with me when I will only be gone for a few hours because it performs so well.
    It is not quite as good as my more expensive, rebuildable tanks/mods but the flavor it produces & the volume of vapor is better than with any similar small & light AIO I have tried.

I recommend this over the Joyetech AIO for new vapers & it will be what I recommend to anyone making new year's resolutions to quit smoking.
    I also recommend it for experienced vapers looking for something light & portable as a back up or for a few hours at a time away from home. It is not quite a stealth device but it almost is stealthy.
    The Icare & mini, are stealthier but they sacrifice a lot of flavor & enjoyment from your vape to be stealthy & small, the Pockex is about 40mm taller than the Icare, while only being approx half as wide & gives a much better vaping experience.

It's not flawless, aside from the con mentioned above I found another con, which only occurred on my latest refill(previous fills, for over a week, had been without incident), which is that when refilling it, it is possible to get a gurgle in the coil. As I said this happened to me after a week of using this same coil but it is easily rectified, get a paper towel or tissue & place it over the opening of the DT, turn the Pockex upside down & shake it a little up & down, the tissue may catch 2 -3 drops of juice. Without firing the Pockex, test puff on it, to see if the gurgle is gone, if it still has a bit of gurgle, then repeat the process & test again, if it is gone, then it won't gurgle further during use.
    This issue is not limited to the Pockex, any similar tank that you fill then lower the coil heads into is going to have pressure build up when you screw the top cap on, which is what causes juice to be forced into the coil & thus make it gurgle. I have had the same occur on the Joyetech AIO & on the Icare Mini, both of these employ a very similar method of lowering the coil into a filled tank.

In conclusion, I highly recommend the Pockex & think it is currently the best device in its class.
    Last edited by Noe; 10-01-17 at 03:03 AM. Reason: Updated information
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    Nice one Noe, as much as some of us are fond of recommending the T18/T22, its always nice to have alternatives, and this sounds like a good one
    Noe and AllyP like this.
    "You're worse than Hitler and Stalin's love child, worse than a Pol Pot x Donald Trump hybrid, worse than Margaret Thatcher naked on a cold day" - Ducky
    Goat Suckler of Bowral
    CSCVP - Certifiable Single Coil Vaping Professional
    Proud MOOFTA - Member of the Order Of Fraternal TreeBox Afficianados - "We've always got wood."

I hate to advocate aspergers, decaf, croissants, kittens or
    Fender Stratocasters to anyone, but they've always worked for me

- Adrian M. Miller

CMB
    AVF Regular
    Did you get your warranty issue with HG sorted, Style?

Maybe Noe can help you out seeing as he has an in with them?

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by CMB View Post
    Did you get your warranty issue with HG sorted, Style?

Maybe Noe can help you out seeing as he has an in with them?
    Send Christina/HG a PM, I am sure she will help

Quote Originally Posted by stylemessiah View Post
    Nice one Noe, as much as some of us are fond of recommending the T18/T22, its always nice to have alternatives, and this sounds like a good one
    I don't own a T18/T22 but I have tried them & I didn't like the vape from them, it is too hot, much like the old top coil stardusts were. The flavor out of the Pockex is also much better I think.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Noe View Post
    Send Christina/HG a PM, I am sure she will help

I don't own a T18/T22 but I have tried them & I didn't like the vape from them, it is too hot, much like the old top coil stardusts were. The flavor out of the Pockex is also much better I think.
    Already in a process with HG thanks guys, not a fun one, but one at least...still puts them ahead of JoyeTech and AugVape...so theres an upside for you

Yup Noe, i appreciate the poinning out of the difference between the T18 and the PockeX, becaue i tested a T18 before i piffed it and becaue this was over a yea since i quit smoking, found the vaae too warm for me, but a new vaper might actually enjoy that. i ws clearly past it, and today still vape coolish on tc.
    Noe and AllyP like this.
    "You're worse than Hitler and Stalin's love child, worse than a Pol Pot x Donald Trump hybrid, worse than Margaret Thatcher naked on a cold day" - Ducky
    Goat Suckler of Bowral
    Proud MOOFTA - Member of the Order Of Fraternal TreeBox Afficianados - "We've always got wood."

- Adrian M. Miller

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by stylemessiah View Post
    I had the T18, I always buy new beginner vapes to test out - also have the small AIO, the T18 was a fail for me, far too hot with nasty spitback, the AIO was fine but since trying the Pockex - I agree with Noe and think its the best thing of its type on the market at the moment. I will keep mine for sneaky vaping but recommend to newbies looking for a small MTL device
    Noe and stylemessiah like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by AllyP View Post
    I had the T18, I always buy new beginner vapes to test out - also have the small AIO, the T18 was a fail for me, far too hot with nasty spitback, the AIO was fine but since trying the Pockex - I agree with Noe and think its the best thing of its type on the market at the moment. I will keep mine for sneaky vaping but recommend to newbies looking for a small MTL device
    Cheers for that, good to have feedback, and if theres better stuff since the T18, then makes sense to recommend it
    Noe and AllyP like this.
    Goat Suckler of Bowral

- Adrian M. Miller

AVF Regular
    But there is so many of these things on the market atm that look quite good. I must admit the removable tank section is
    attractive on this though. From what I've seen the coils seem to be double the price to the Joyetech.

I've been looking at some of the Joyetech eGo AIO's for my parents (specifically the Pro C with replaceable cell) also the
    OBS KFB Kit and Wismec Motiv. How would you compare the performance of the Pockex to those?
    Last edited by Tara; 29-12-16 at 05:28 AM.

AVF Regular
    Hi Tara, I won a Aio Pro C in a Raffle - I really dislike it and it feels unsafe to be having a 18560 battery. as a whole it feels cheap and shoddy and wouldn't recommend to newbies. It also gets hot and spitty.
    The Pockex seems to be a superior quality and so far I have had no issues with it.
    Noe, Tara and stylemessiah like this.

AVF Regular
    I am not sure if the Pocket X is similar to the Nautilus X.. but they do use similar styled coils, and have that ridiculous drip tip.. but I was totally underwhelmed by the Nautilus X .. not impressed at all with the air flow, flavor or vape ! its funny how we are all different, I have a Joyetech Pro C.. just for out and about.. 4 ml leakproof tank. replaceable 18650 battery, adjustable air flow and I do not find it gets hot or hisses or spits ! I started with the Endura T18, which was hot and airless so I guess both Pocket and Ego AIO are better on that score !
    Tara likes this.

What is a cat's favourite colour? Purrrrrrrple !

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast