Results 1 to 8 of 8
Like Tree9Likes
  • 3 Post By helixx
  • 1 Post By helixx
  • 2 Post By Noe
  • 1 Post By jobics
  • 1 Post By JakeFloyd
  • 1 Post By Noe

Thread: VGOD Trick tank pro

  1. #1
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    The Pilbara
    Posts
    336

    VGOD Trick tank pro

    Disclaimer, I am not a professional reviewer, I'm not going to waffle on about insignificant stuff.
    Just the key points/ aspects (IMO)of this product.

    I was intrigued by this RDTA as it is a little different from the others.
    The under coil airflow mainly. Which is matched by the new avo 24.
    But the new avo 24 is ugly as sin (love the original).

    Now I've only run one build in this atty, a triple core 26x38 Clapton.
    It vapes like a champ. I will split this into pros and cons.

    Cons:

    Price, this is an expensive atty compared to most RDTAs
    The limitless and the avo are great, but this is twice the price.
    Is it justifiable?

    The posts are very wide, ie you need big coils or bent legs to accomodate.

    Filling. If you're filling with a unicorn bottle it's all good.
    Anything larger becomes an excercise in catching spillage.
    I have managed to fill with all normal devices.
    It's just that some require a little more finesse than others, to create a complete seal.

    Glass, this section of the RDTA seems to sit a little skewed.
    It does not leak, what so ever, but doesn't quite sit aligned with the top and bottom.
    I've tried both the tinted and clear glass and they seem to end up a little eccentric.
    Not a big deal, but you can feel that it's not central to the atty. Which annoys me a bit.


    Drip tip. Not the best, not replaceable. It's okay but would like the option.
    It does cover the whole top section, which can get warm if chain vaped.
    So a pro and a con at the same time.

    Packaging, this thing comes with everything.
    This has to have added to the price.
    A great case.
    A 'coil kit'. A really nice pair of coils, but they really don't fit the post spacing of this particular atty.
    With out all the extras this could've been cheaper I think.




    Pros:

    The posts are very wide, which allow broad, flat builds.
    I mixed it up a bit with a triple cored fused Clapton, and it worked out well.
    Clouds for days. Post holes are okay too.

    Leakage, There are a couple of pin holes which allow air to escape the tank.
    Meaning your wicks can be a little tighter, meaning zero leakage.

    Flavour. For days, under coil airflow rocks!!

    Airflow, non adjustable but spot on.
    With big coils close to the airflow holes.

    Wicking, this thing doesn't leak but I'm yet to have a dry hit.
    Have run it between 80W and 110W, at .12 ohms
    A rare combination in a Genesis style atty.


    Long story short,

    This RDTA has it's faults, but I love it and I'll be keeping an eye out for the black version.
    Which comes in a rubberised Matt finish.

    Yes it's just another RDTA. But I think it does most things better.
    The new avo 24 has great flavour, but is ugly.
    The limitless holds a tonne of juice but feels a bit cheap.
    I think this one really works, just change the name for gods sake.[IMG]http://
    Last edited by helixx; 03-01-17 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Adding pics
    Noe, ermoon2 and Rodrocket like this.

  2. #2
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    The Pilbara
    Posts
    336
    Quick update

    I've broken both pieces of glass that came with this RDTA.
    I think it's a design flaw with the way the glass seats on the orings.

    The size of the grooves and oring design means a decent knock on the atty and the glass cracks.

    I was devastated when the spare glass cracked. I searched the interwebs for spare glass but couldn't find anything locally.

    Because I love this RDTA so much (and it was a bit pricey) I was not willing to just give up on it.

    Luckily the glass from an Avocado 24 fits. Not perfectly but good enough to get a seal.

    Out of the 2 or 3 RDTAs I have, this is still my favorite.

    Good flavour, reasonable capacity, easy to fill and decent build quality.

    Even after the issues around the glass, I still highly recommend.





    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    ermoon2 likes this.

  3. #3
    Noe
    Noe is offline
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Posts
    13,140
    Quote Originally Posted by helixx View Post
    Quick update

    I've broken both pieces of glass that came with this RDTA.
    I think it's a design flaw with the way the glass seats on the orings.

    The size of the grooves and oring design means a decent knock on the atty and the glass cracks.

    I was devastated when the spare glass cracked. I searched the interwebs for spare glass but couldn't find anything locally.

    Because I love this RDTA so much (and it was a bit pricey) I was not willing to just give up on it.

    Luckily the glass from an Avocado 24 fits. Not perfectly but good enough to get a seal.

    Out of the 2 or 3 RDTAs I have, this is still my favorite.

    Good flavour, reasonable capacity, easy to fill and decent build quality.

    Even after the issues around the glass, I still highly recommend.

    5x clear glass replacements : https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/...dta-atomizer-5
    5x smoked glass (may be coated & not stained glass I'm not sure which): https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/...dta-atomizer-5
    1 of each clear & smoked : https://www.fasttech.com/products/30...dta-atomizer-2

    I don't own a VGod RDTA but apparently the Griffin 25 RTA 510 drip tip adapter fits in the chuff cap, if you have one & want to try a 510 DT on the Vgod.
    After reading your review, I might try a gold (looks like gold plated) clone for around $12 : https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/...-dripping-tank
    Also a black version availbe at the same price: https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/...-dripping-tank
    Or a plain SS clone version: https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/...-dripping-tank
    However to me, the black version looks painted, which isn't likely to last like the black plated SS on many other tanks, paint flakes & chips easily compared to plating, so I won't risk trying the black one. The gold one should be good even if it does chip or peel, which it probably will (if it's plated) since it's so cheap but it may just be heat treated SS & made to look gold (which would be better most likely).
    They don'y come with all the extras (still get a spare glass & spare oring set) of the original but they don't come with the high price tag either
    Last edited by Noe; 20-03-17 at 04:35 AM. Reason: my typonese knows no bounds
    MrGruffy and helixx like this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

    Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

    The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

    Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

    I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

  4. #4
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    The Pilbara
    Posts
    336
    Cheers for the links. I Will pick up some glass next time I do an order.



    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    234
    I got a VGOD TTP clone back in November. Had problems with wicking as I was used to the Limitless RDTAs and kept on getting dry hits. With the Limitless type, I just the wicks short - about an mm or 2 past the holes. It doesn't work with the VGod because the wick channel is deeper than the Limitless to make space for the bottom airflow. I found I had to turn the tank upside down for the juice to saturate the wicks efficiently. So, after about a week, I stopped using it.

    I then got an Etalien Stargate RDTA which has bottom airflow AND side airflow but I'm only using the bottom airflow. Same juice filling style as the VGod and I also had the same problem wicking the Stargate until I found the ideal length of it is cutting it so there's about an mm showing below the top of the glass.

    Between the two, I like the Stargate better due to the following:
    1. Bottom airflow is adjustable (and it's a hell of a lot cheaper than the VGod
    2. Heck of a lot cheaper (got it from FT during the CNY sale for only A$11.20 - and that's for an authentic)

    BTW, I got the black version which I think is powder coated and due to that, fitting the top cap is a bit tight. In fact, I can see that the paint is flaking off because of the tightness. Being paranoid about inhaling paint particles along with e-juice favour, I gave the top cap a really thorough washing and brushing so that problem is now a thing of the past.

    If you're wondering about Etalien, they also make the mod which looks like a Alien-movie prop.

    Would I buy the VGod TTP or the Stargate if I lose them? If you asked me that question before I got the Cthulhu Gaia, I would have said yes. But now, I'd say no, I'd rather get another Gaia. In fact, I got a silver Gaia on 3 March and like it so much that I bought the black one 3 weeks after - I had to wait for Grumpy Vapes to have them in stock.
    helixx likes this.

  6. #6
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Queensland Between Brisbane and Gold Coast
    Posts
    499
    Quote Originally Posted by helixx View Post
    Disclaimer, I am not a professional reviewer, I'm not going to waffle on about insignificant stuff.
    Just the key points/ aspects (IMO)of this product.

    I was intrigued by this RDTA as it is a little different from the others.
    The under coil airflow mainly. Which is matched by the new avo 24.
    But the new avo 24 is ugly as sin (love the original).

    Now I've only run one build in this atty, a triple core 26x38 Clapton.
    It vapes like a champ. I will split this into pros and cons.

    Cons:

    Price, this is an expensive atty compared to most RDTAs
    The limitless and the avo are great, but this is twice the price.
    Is it justifiable?

    The posts are very wide, ie you need big coils or bent legs to accomodate.

    Filling. If you're filling with a unicorn bottle it's all good.
    Anything larger becomes an excercise in catching spillage.
    I have managed to fill with all normal devices.
    It's just that some require a little more finesse than others, to create a complete seal.

    Glass, this section of the RDTA seems to sit a little skewed.
    It does not leak, what so ever, but doesn't quite sit aligned with the top and bottom.
    I've tried both the tinted and clear glass and they seem to end up a little eccentric.
    Not a big deal, but you can feel that it's not central to the atty. Which annoys me a bit.


    Drip tip. Not the best, not replaceable. It's okay but would like the option.
    It does cover the whole top section, which can get warm if chain vaped.
    So a pro and a con at the same time.

    Packaging, this thing comes with everything.
    This has to have added to the price.
    A great case.
    A 'coil kit'. A really nice pair of coils, but they really don't fit the post spacing of this particular atty.
    With out all the extras this could've been cheaper I think.




    Pros:

    The posts are very wide, which allow broad, flat builds.
    I mixed it up a bit with a triple cored fused Clapton, and it worked out well.
    Clouds for days. Post holes are okay too.

    Leakage, There are a couple of pin holes which allow air to escape the tank.
    Meaning your wicks can be a little tighter, meaning zero leakage.

    Flavour. For days, under coil airflow rocks!!

    Airflow, non adjustable but spot on.
    With big coils close to the airflow holes.

    Wicking, this thing doesn't leak but I'm yet to have a dry hit.
    Have run it between 80W and 110W, at .12 ohms
    A rare combination in a Genesis style atty.


    Long story short,

    This RDTA has it's faults, but I love it and I'll be keeping an eye out for the black version.
    Which comes in a rubberised Matt finish.

    Yes it's just another RDTA. But I think it does most things better.
    The new avo 24 has great flavour, but is ugly.
    The limitless holds a tonne of juice but feels a bit cheap.
    I think this one really works, just change the name for gods sake.[IMG]http://
    Hi Helixx ,
    As my daily set up i rock this set up
    Ive had 0 issues and the flavour is rocking

    Thank for your input

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    helixx likes this.
    Life is about choices. Some we regret, some we’re proud of. Some will haunt us forever. The message: we are what we chose to be.

  7. #7
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    The Pilbara
    Posts
    336
    Nice build on your TTP, the matt black looks good atop the black and gold alien.
    Other than the glass cracking (prob my fault) 0 issues for me too. My TTP is still my daily work horse.

    The Gaia is on my wish list.
    The 2mm capacity is a bit of a turn off
    But I tend to carry a unicorn bottle in my pocket anyways if leaving the house for an extended peroid.
    And the fill method looks painless enough also.

    I struggle (ethically) with clones, I only own one due to a colour preference which wasn't available otherwise.
    But the TTP is so expensive when compared to similar products I understand the appeal of this option.
    Probably a topic for another thread anyways.

  8. #8
    Noe
    Noe is offline
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Posts
    13,140
    Quote Originally Posted by helixx View Post
    Nice build on your TTP, the matt black looks good atop the black and gold alien.
    Other than the glass cracking (prob my fault) 0 issues for me too. My TTP is still my daily work horse.

    The Gaia is on my wish list.
    The 2mm capacity is a bit of a turn off
    But I tend to carry a unicorn bottle in my pocket anyways if leaving the house for an extended peroid.
    And the fill method looks painless enough also.

    I struggle (ethically) with clones, I only own one due to a colour preference which wasn't available otherwise.
    But the TTP is so expensive when compared to similar products I understand the appeal of this option.
    Probably a topic for another thread anyways.
    If the Gaia is on your wishlist, consider the SyntheticCloud Alpine, I've read a lot of opinions that put the Alpine ahead of the Gaia. After seeing the below review, it's one I'll definitely get now but I'll get the FT clone for roughly $50US cheaper than the original, for under $15AU the clone is good value & if I like it enough I'll buy the original after trying the clone first.
    https://www.fasttech.com/products/3028/10032529/7124400

    helixx likes this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

    Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

    The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

    Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

    I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.4
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
All times are GMT +11. The time now is 02:20 PM.