• 1 Post By Danny76
  • 4 Post By Crisscross
  • 2 Post By Danny76
  • 2 Post By 1ynne
  • 2 Post By Crisscross

Thread: Vika clone from Fasttech review

AVF Regular

Vika clone from Fasttech review

So this i put in a different thread so i gave it one of its own.

I definitely found after a couple of weeks on the vika with the airflow screw removed was a very nice tank. Im going to say its a restricted dtl tank with screw out and mtl of any draw with screw in. I love my cleito but this tank has me thinking twice about what tank im going to use was such a smooth cool vape. So tryed with the triton mini 1.2 coils at 15w flavor was good plenty of clouds if you want them and airflow increased due to the larger coil diameter. This coil lasted for two weeks on 5ml a day and was still going strong. Only reason I changed it wa to try the 1.6 nautilus mini bvc coil. So onto the nautilus mini bvc coil. So this runs in voltage mode so i just ajusted the wattage until i got 4.2 v on the mod. Came in at 11w not sure if i did this right. But anyway flavor on the bvc was awesome. I was so super impressed. Draw was reduced due to smaller coil diameter but still a nice restricted dtl just a bit tighter than the triton. Clouds well plenty of em again very surprised. Only downside was i only got 6 days out of the bvc coil but this may be due to me running it so high at 11w any advice on this would b appreciated. Overall i will give the tank and 1.2 triton mini coils combo a 8/10 and with the 1.6 bvc coils a 9/10. Still to try it with the triton mini 1.8 clapton and the 1.6 kathanal will add to this once i have tried.
    So final comments
    Pros many different coils to choose from. 3ml tank capacity. Very basic design easy to re coil and rebuild. Flavor A1 and nice clouds for such a small coil.

Cons. Well i have to be picky to find any. Bottom fill could be an issue but i didnt mind it unfortunately its part of the way the tank is designed. Have to be careful of glass not coming off when refilling did it once what a mess. And finally had 1 coil get stuck in chimney when refilling no biggie pretty easy to get out actually very easy.
    rupert, AllyP and 1ynne like this.

AVF Regular
    I am loving the Vika Clone - My previous Fav was/is the authentic Kabuki. I ordered another three vikas from FT but sadly one was a dud - turned out ok as I broke one glass and fortuitously then had a spare.
    Run mine with Mini Naut coils at 13 watts and get about two weeks out of them when stretching a little longer than I probably should.
    I didnt think to try the mini triton coils and still have some in the vape drawer. will give them a go
    Crisscross, DogMan, rupert and 2 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Same here........they are a favourite of mine. Running rewicked nautilus coils 1.8ohm with rayon wicks. Beautiful
    Last edited by Crisscross; 05-01-17 at 03:16 PM.
    DogMan, rupert, AllyP and 2 others like this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    Looked at that rewicking on u tube pretty damn easy by the looks of it.
    AllyP likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny76 View Post
    Looked at that rewicking on u tube pretty damn easy by the looks of it.
    I use mesh around the casing and it's a piece of cake, the rayon lasts for ages and I haven't bought a coil since I started

I am rewicking factory coils rather than the RBA which is impossibly small and to finicky.
    AllyP, 1ynne, Danny76 and 1 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Yeah i looked at a couple of em and were both on factory coils

https://youtu.be/9zBGH2wpnPE

https://youtu.be/jf32594uQeo

Two different methods but same kind of results
    Crisscross and AllyP like this.

AVF Regular
    Just a quick question has anyone put the .15 triton mini nc coils in the vika and run it in tc mode. What did you think and is it worth a try.

AVF Regular
    nope... so tell us !! Imma happy with the nauty bvc.. plug and play.. yummy ! and now that I mastered XX rebuilds.. actually even better !
    giruvian and Danny76 like this.

Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 1ynne View Post
    nope... so tell us !! Imma happy with the nauty bvc.. plug and play.. yummy ! and now that I mastered XX rebuilds.. actually even better !
    Excellent yippee

So easy once you get the hang of it. Are you using cotton or rayon
    giruvian and Danny76 like this.