Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Geek Vape Ammit RTA

emu
    AVF Regular

Geek Vape Ammit RTA

Well I've only had this Ammit for 24 hours but I am impressed.

It's a 22mm RTA single coil with adjustable juice flow control as well as full air flow control, the top screws off for quick and easy filing of the 3.5 ml tank. You do need to close off the juice flow control before you screw the top back on after re-filling the tank as I found out lol.

Another bonus with this thing is you can turn it upside down and unscrew the deck without spilling a drop, so when it's time for a new wick there's no mucking around emptying your precious juice out.

It's a really nice looking RTA in black and takes any standard drip tip but the one that it comes with is what I'm using and very happy with it, there's no spitting or hot vapes and it just does everything right. Good to see all the thought that has gone into the design once again by Geek Vape and the build quality is spot on.

It has a 3D airflow system so the intake air comes from directly under the coil as well as from the side on a 45 degree angle which creates really nice flavour and huge clouds. The adjustable positive pole sits in the fully gold plated housing for a true electrical connection and my Ohm reading has not changed at all since the first build using SS 316 @ 0.6.

My style is direct lung but the juice seems to last longer than I thought and heaps longer than a dual coil setup. You get a spare glass, a handy 3 way tool with phillips and 2 hex key sizes all in one, I was hoping for hex head screws in the posts but they come with the phillips head screws although they are really well made and there's no prob tightening them enough for a good connection. You could fit a big coil in no worries having the most enormous build deck and post holes.

There is a couple of sets of extra screws and a heap of O'rings included and it all comes in the usual hard plastic case to protect everything nicely.

The only con I have discovered is you need to make sure you trim the coil wire flush with the back of the post so the chamber doesn't get snagged when screwing the chamber back on, other than that it is a really nice bit of kit and performs as good as expected for a single coil setup.

For around $35 the Ammit is great value for those after a reliable single coil RTA with plenty of features, great flavour and big clouds.

Be sure to trim any protruding coil wire flush with the post or wiggle and snap to prevent any snags when refitting the chamber....

www.geekvape.com/project/ammit-rta/
    Last edited by emu; 18-01-17 at 04:40 PM.

AVF Regular
    Gotta agree with you emu, They're a great RTA & it's my favourite to date - awesome flavor & clouds plus the ease of building on them, Would've loved it even more if it had a bit more juice capacity as I've been refilling 3-4 times a day but that's probably due to me recently reducing my nic down to 3mg from 6mg's & me vaping a lot more since,
    emu likes this.

emu
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Misohoni View Post
    Gotta agree with you emu, They're a great RTA & it's my favourite to date - awesome flavor & clouds plus the ease of building on them, Would've loved it even more if it had a bit more juice capacity as I've been refilling 3-4 times a day but that's probably due to me recently reducing my nic down to 3mg from 6mg's & me vaping a lot more since,
    Yes Misohoni it has become my favourite all of a sudden too, the fact that it fits on a Pico is nice for a quick swap if I'm going out.

Gotta hand it to Geek Vape, they constantly design and produce quality made gear, I just hope they keep it up and don't go down the mass produced and pumped out road.

I'll be getting another one for sure so I can finally retire my old Melo lll mini's and save some money buying pre-made coils, I've just been waiting for something like this to get released...!
    Misohoni likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by emu View Post
    Yes Misohoni it has become my favourite all of a sudden too, the fact that it fits on a Pico is nice for a quick swap if I'm going out.

Gotta hand it to Geek Vape, they constantly design and produce quality made gear, I just hope they keep it up and don't go down the mass produced and pumped out road.

I'll be getting another one for sure so I can finally retire my old Melo lll mini's and save some money buying pre-made coils, I've just been waiting for something like this to get released...!
    There IS an RBA for the Melo III...
    emu likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Definitely a quality bit of kit, I'm also planning on getting another one as well so I can retire my other Crius - no comparison now
    emu likes this.

emu
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    There IS an RBA for the Melo III...
    I have a couple of those fab but the flavour is nowhere near the Ammit, I got em for vapergeddon lol
    fabricator4 likes this.

AVF Regular
    the Ammit is my fav Rita but I over wicked this morning and it was dry hit city on the way to work.....forgot my backup so was left without my gear all day......needless to say I was a grumpy bugger. As much as I like the ammit, I bought a narda clone from fasttech to make juice testing easier and its nearly all I've been vaping since. a fantastic vape.
    fabricator4, Cat and emu like this.

AVF Regular
    Coming from A Subtank Mini, I may just have to get myself an Ammit.

Have loved the Subtank Mini for a while now, but long overdue for a change/upgrade.

AVF Regular
    Any leaking?

I've got a Bachelor Nano (thanks to the classifieds here) that works real well, but won't go in a pocket, is a little fiddly with it's connections (but easier coil setup I think) and has a smaller tank, so this might be something I should grab myself.

And the Bachelor, while easy to fill leaks easily because of the swing out top. The newer version has a slide out filler, but I kinda like what Geekvape does.

Stu.

emu
    AVF Regular
    Hey Stu the only time it's leaked is twice when I filled it up and forgot to close the juice flow off, other than that not a drop.
    emu's pre-loved mowers.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast