Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: VAPE 98 - Be warned

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Thumbs up VAPE 98 - Be warned

I wanted to support our local stores in Adelaide so I went looking for vape shops. Found this place online and they had a brushed steel iStick Pico for sale for $75.00 Now, this is about $10 more than the average local price in Adelaide. After calling around theother stores (they didn't have the brush steel and VapourEyes has no contact number), I decided that the brush steel finish was worth the extra $10. Off I went. Got to the store. Went to purchase it. Was told that their in-store prices are usually higher than their online price as the buyer saves on post but they will give it to me at the online price.

They asked if I needed a battery, I said yes.
    They asked if I wanted a 3000mAh battery, I said yes.
    I asked if it was a Sony, they said YES.
    They insert it into the mod.

They then tell me that usually, they sell this starter packs with battery and juice for $100 online. My brain calculated and thought to myself, their juice must be higher price. I declined and stated that I'll just take the mod and battery.
    I then asked how much the battery was, I was told $20.00. I stood there a bit shocked. I thought to myself, 'oh well, at least it's a Sony.'

So, I payed, asked if the receipt was in the packet and was told YES. $94.00 total for an iStick Pico and a 1 Sony battery. I felt a little shafted so I just went home.

Got home and thought 'I might as well play with what I bought'. Pulled it out the bag. First thing I notice, there was no receipt. Only a copy of the EFT. Took the mod out of the box, wanted to make sure that battery was inserted the right way up before I start her up. Opened the battery cover and 'Lo and Behold.............'

Does that look like a Sony or an LG?

Well, when it rains, it pours. Lesson learned.
    Danny76 likes this.

AVF Regular
    Looks just like my LG's
    ChrisFromSouthOz likes this.

These are LG not sure if there the same.
    ChrisFromSouthOz likes this.

Look like LGs

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

They're LG HG2. Not Sony.
    trumpy955 likes this.

AVF Regular
    If it's a Sony VTC6 then the wrap should be green. I can't tell from that photo but it looks black. I don't think I've seen a Sony battery in a black wrap.

More worrying is the +ive cap appears to have four vent holes, while the mooch photos show three. This is a common way of spotting a fake because the counterfeiters can't get hold of the three hole ones so easily.

You could see what's under that label. The labels are a shipping requirement now, added after they leave the factory and they can vary. My feeling is though that this is not a VTC6. Next step for me would be put the battery on an analysing charger and see what the real capacity is, and take it back if it doesn't come up to scratch (it probably won't).

ETA: the characteristics of the white insulator disc should also conform to the mooch photo above.

ETAA: bottom line is, you don't know what the battery is - it could be an ICR battery with very poor performance characteristics.
    Last edited by fabricator4; 21-01-17 at 05:33 PM.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    If you bought something on line and paid for it by PayPal you can always lodge a dispute: Goods as not described. Paypal will freeze the payment and the vendor will be forced to rectify the problem. I happily use Samsung 25R batteries which I get here in all my mods and 2500 mah is more than enough for me.

AVF Regular
    It is definitely a lg hg2 and the four slots in the + is normal i have 3 of em bought from ve and they are originals.
    steve.c likes this.

Item was purchased in-store. I put up a review on their FB page and they have replied. Stated it was an LG. They are implying I didn't ask for Sony but rather I misunderstood. They really are pushing me to be 'slow'

LNB
    AVF Regular
    Well you got a LG chocolate which is a good battery, but charging you $20 for it...not so good mate....F*ck vape98 and just go to that shop on 472 main north road mate...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast