Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: Smok Skyhook 220 watt TC Mod

emu
    AVF Regular

Smok Skyhook 220 watt TC Mod

Introducing the Smok Skyhook 220 watt TC Mod

Comes with a floating Velocity twin post deck and man the holes through to the tank are ginormous so this thing wicks so well, dual claptons already installed from the factory so just a few glows then wicked her up and filled up with juice through the massive juice filling port straight from the bottle, no need for eyedroppers or needle point tips on ya bottle and instant fog machine. Comes with 2 atomizer tubes for multiple airflow options, so you can have bottom only, middle only or a combination of both air flow selections.

I always thought bottom AF would give better flavour but I was wrong, I have the top air flow open fully and the bottom just cracked open slightly and the flavour is spectacular. I can't believe how much cloud this thing produces and I'm only using one coil.

I love the size and weight of this awesome little mod and the screen is so clear and full of info including Amps which is very handy for battery safety and it's even got a PCB temperature readout... ! And when the screen turns off it all disappears behind a nicely dark tinted panel that hides it nicely.

The simplicity of the chip is another huge plus, 3 clicks on the perfectly sprung Big side fire bar takes you straight to all the menu options and most of them you can set by a long press on the fire bar or flip through the options with a quick click on the fire bar.
    There's two buttons just above the USB port for Up and Down so you can change the temp or watts directly from them without any need to go into the menu system and having the USB port on the side is a much better idea than underneath the mod.

The mod is fully software upgradable so any updates can be done through the USB on a computer, it has a stealth mode for the screen as well as a lock mode so you don't accidentally fire it in your pocket or bag. You can change the screen brightness and set the screensaver from 15 to 240 seconds.
    Has a puff counter as well as 22 memory presets fully customisable including Soft - Normal - Hard mode which is available in TC or Wattage and you can set the TCR to suit either NI, TI and SS wires. It has a built in Over Temperature for protection of You and your mod and a 12 second cutoff.

The drip tip is removable and the top cap turns to adjust the middle airflow for that perfect balance of flavour. Turning the top cap anti-clockwise unscrews it so you can change the tube to swap it for the middle airflow only tube that comes in the box.

The bottom battery door is perfectly flush with the bottom of the mod and it sits dead flat on a glass table solid as a rock just as it should be, when you open the door it is very clearly marked pos and neg so drop your batts in and close it up and away you go with no fuss.

The window in the 9ml tank is made of clear frosted plastic but when the juice hits it, it goes clear which makes it really easy to see the level of your juice in the tank, it's quite clever because the contrast of the wet and dry makes the level stand out really well without the need for an internal light in the tank.

The combination of size and weight feels so good in the hand and for a 2 battery mod it's perfect, the fire button is full length and is sprung just right and the way it sits in your hand is awesome with the tank facing you and the fire button opposite you don't have to think about where the button is, just squeeze and Vape On....!

emu's pre-loved mowers.com

Cat
    AVF Regular
    Sounds great! Love the sound of a 9ml tank! Hope you enjoy it.
    emu likes this.
    Be Realistic. Plan for a Miracle.

Quit smoking 22 Sep 16

emu
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    Sounds great! Love the sound of a 9ml tank! Hope you enjoy it.
    I'm lovin it so much I gotta get another one, Blue this time....
    Misohoni and Cat like this.

AVF Regular
    Exceptional review, emu. You've tempted me to add this to my wishlist.

If smok know what's good for them, they should be sending you a free bluey, for such a concise, reader friendly review....IMHO
    Cat and emu like this.
    Rabid non-smoker since 1630hrs 25/11/2016.

Pebble fondler, living life beyond the vertical.

emu
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rockmoose View Post
    Exceptional review, emu. You've tempted me to add this to my wishlist.

If smok know what's good for them, they should be sending you a free bluey, for such a concise, reader friendly review....IMHO
    Thanks rockmoose, I keep overdosing on nic, might have to drop the level down a bit. Been going hard for almost 24 hrs (minus sleep time) and still have 50% charge left which is much better than the G-Priv and feels so much better in the hand.
    Perfect bit of kit with such a great vape and only have to fill it up once a day, top flavour and huge clouds time after time with no chance of a dry hit the way the floating deck wicks.

I've sacked my squonkers and Tsunami, no more mucking around with tanks and mods for da emu, ordering a blue one tomorrow !!

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by emu View Post
    I've sacked my squonkers and Tsunami
    .....and then you went and ruined it. That's it, your off the Christmas card list, and I've put a call into smok, who were suitably outraged, and have promised to charge you double.

Now Fatman, unleash the ban hammer. We will not stand for such blasphemy in our nice, sheltered community.
    Fatman, trumpy955, emu and 2 others like this.
    Rabid non-smoker since 1630hrs 25/11/2016.

Pebble fondler, living life beyond the vertical.

AVF Regular
    But if you take it outside, does the paint fall off? Like the alien.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Noe, mpc3k and emu like this.

emu
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by helixx View Post
    But if you take it outside, does the paint fall off? Like the alien.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    The Alien is made of zinc alloy and painted helixx whereas the Skyhook is SS frame covered with coloured plastic bits, there's another review here if ya interested.

SMOK Skyhook RDTA Box Review | E-Cigarette Reviews and Rankings
    helixx and flyingfox12 like this.

AVF Regular
    I had shinyitis when I looked at it, however, the wife said no more mods (new). Oh well I will stick to my Ijoy RDTA Box Mod at least I know have quite a few decks for it. Smok if they want to stay competitive should bring out a few more decks like Ijoy did. I got somewhat peeved for a while at Smok, every time they brought out a new ordinary sub ohm tank the wukking coils were different and the coils were not cheap so I went to RDTA and never looked back. To heck with buying coils.
    Noe and emu like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rockmoose View Post
    .....and then you went and ruined it. That's it, your off the Christmas card list, and I've put a call into smok, who were suitably outraged, and have promised to charge you double.

Now Fatman, unleash the ban hammer. We will not stand for such blasphemy in our nice, sheltered community.
    Stone the @emu for blasphemy
    rockmoose and emu like this.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast