Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Del's Ultimate Pipe

Del's Ultimate Pipe

It was high time I got around to finally trying this juice and I'm still just settling into it properly, but I wanted to share my first impressions after an evening with it so far.

Lately, I've been stocking up on VG nic juice at double my intended level so it's super easy to order doublers in PG and just mix 50/50 with no calculating and fussing about.

I broke out a fresh bottle and squeezed 5ml of doubler in then topped it off with 24mg VG from Healthcabin for a nice 12mg 50/50 mix.

I had been vaping VK5 in my IKV 510 HV so finished off what was in the atty and blew it out then cleared it out a bit with some unflavoured VG. Re-primed the atty with 5-6 drops of UP and gave it a few seconds to soak into the coils and then took a hit. Oops! I'd been using the DCT on my lava tube and forgot to turn the voltage up so got almost nothing with a HV atty haaaa cranked the voltage up and got a very nice full thick hit. LR is fine and well I like it plenty but there's no comparing with the density of a hit from a HV atty at higher voltages.

I'd have to say it was a mild smoky tobacco with some sweetness to it, maple perhaps and I get buttery perhaps custard notes on the exhale. There's a hint of something else in there I'm not sure how to describe, something a bit spicy perhaps but very subtle. Perhaps it'll come to me after I've spent more time with it. I haven't fully gotten my taste buds around it yet but I'll be vaping it plenty for certain. This would be brilliant to touch up with a bit of the dark smoke tobacco I am also quite sure.

I can't say it reminds me of any pipe tobacco I ever tried though! :-) It is perhaps the nicest sweet vape I've had yet. It's more complex and subtle than something like Boba's Bounty, which I also like, but it's not as sweet.

Big thumbs up for this juice with the cute (and deserved) golden kiss sticker on the bottle!
    timeout likes this.

zainwolf when it comes to flavour, your wordsmithing leaves mine for dead. I'm vaping UP right now

AVF Regular
    i mix it up with DBD and tank their spawn.

AVF Regular
    +1 this juice is just a tad sweet for me, but i like drier, not to sweet tobacco's, I can see why everyone raves about this juice, and I agree with them, for me i just add a bit more tobacco in this to really enjoy it. If you like tobacco's on the tad sweeter side then well worth giving this one a go.

CCC
    I am slowly understanding that higher voltages must make juices taste very different.
    timeout likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by CCC View Post
    I am slowly understanding that higher voltages must make juices taste very different.
    Yes what atomiser and at what voltage can make a big difference to juice taste. Its why people like stoney prefer Standard resistance atomisers and low voltages. Me, depending on the juice, will sacrifice some flavour for more vapor, but will keep it just below the juice really burning point. I had 1 tobacco going in 3 different mods , with different atomisers, at different voltages, and it almost could have been 3 different tobacco juices.

Almost want to go back and change some of my juice reviews, when I have used them at higher wattages.
    Last edited by Mickg33; 15-03-12 at 08:04 AM.
    Flitterby and CCC like this.

For me the UP has been awesome in an IKV 510 HV @ 5.4V, and a few different LR coils at 3.4-3.7V, the 510 brings out the tobacco and slight spiciness a bit more, the i06 brings out the sweetness more and the 901 is somewhere between the two. I'd be using the 901 more but the i06 performs better on the Reo Grand without the adapter there.

Almost makes the mouth feel a bit oily when those buttery notes hit. :-) I had to give my drip tip a good wipe just to be sure lol

I think after having spent some time with this stuff it might still be slightly on the sweet side for a regular vape. I'm totally going to mix it with a straight tobacco flavour and it will be grand. More is definitely on my shopping list along with more dark smoke tobacco.

AVF Regular
    dup was caramel+vanilla to me, my tastebuds are simple or i just identify taste sensations very basically.

but ive probably had enough of sweetness this week too. was vaping it on a 2.5 ohm dct at 4.2-4.6V solo. then mixed dbd with it on a 2.8 ohm boge on a liq at 4.6-5.2V, so flavourful when the boge breaks in.

this week, im hitting the coffee vapes.

AVF Regular
    Where the spectre of Bjelke-Petersen still looms...A Banana Republic inside a Banana Republic
    Try adding some oakwood.

Sent from my personal mind control implant.
    timeout likes this.
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Quality Australian Made eJuice: Bunyip Vapes

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast