Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Vapeking premium e-liquid tobacco flavours

Vapeking premium e-liquid tobacco flavours

I've been having a browse of the premium e-liquid from vapeking.com.au lately and after the latest batch wanted to share some first impressions with followups to come in a couple of weeks after some steep well.

I generally prefer a good tobacco flavoured vape most of the time, so have been on that endless search for quality tobacco flavours. After going through a bunch of Healthcabin flavours (some of which I quite like) I've been trying a couple of the Aussie vendors who sell doublers. My preferences with juice are still changing from time to time, but I'm finding doublers quite easy to mix up. (as they should be) I went on a VG kick for a while since I really like a lot of vapour, but as my sense of taste has become sharper, I'm preferring a lower ratio. VG in my experience, doesn't seem to "hold on" to flavour that well and there's a sort of bland taste that follows after vaping a lot of it. I get that a lot less with a 50/50 mix and for some juices a 75/25 mix is even better. You still get added vapour from the VG (though not as much) and the PG base seems to deliver a superior flavour. It really seems to vary from flavour to flavour how high you can push the VG ratio.

The first couple of juices I tried from vapeking were Backo Blend and VK4, which I ordered at the highest VG ratio and mixed with VG base nic juice. I didn't really like the VK4 right away, so it sat and steeped for a while. The Backo Blend was quite good even fresh and only improved with time. It's quite a strong, rich tobacco flavour and just a slight hint of cocoa in there. Not too spicy, not too dark but still quite full and flavourful. It is definitely one of my picks for a good analogue replacement. After the VK4 steeped a while it *really* grew on me, once the full character came out. It's a much lighter and more complex flavour and I still don't know if I could pick what all flavours are in there. It seems slightly nutty, maybe a bit of honey in there but I wouldn't say it was a sweet flavour. There's a little bit of smokiness to it as well which makes it great when one craves something a bit on the lighter side.

The next flavours I got were generously provided samples of Tobacco Grande and the new VK5 which is meant to be more along the lines of an RY4 type flavour. Not to be re-inventing the wheel, it is still a rather unique version and I really liked it fresh. At first it seemed like a butterscotch tobacco, but I'm told there's no butterscotch or caramel in it. Others have said it tastes like hazelnut. I'll definitely be spending some more time with this one as I saved half the bottle to try after a couple of weeks' steeping. The Tobacco Grande is VERY strong on the coffee flavour when fresh so it is still steeping and I'll be cracking that open in about a week's time yet. I don't even like coffee but don't mind the occasional coffee vape. Funny how tastes change when the sense comes back to life!

The latest batch I've got included: VK Red, VK Gold, Smooth Tobacco, Tobacco Classique and Cherry Cigar

VK Red: This is pretty awesome fresh! Very much along the lines of a Marlboro Red, in fact it's the closest flavour I've had to the memory of a Marlboro Red taste. Of course, an actual Marlboro Red would taste nowhere near this good nowadays, but I did used to love them. I can only imagine this juice will get even better once it has steeped a while. I filled a Stardust with it 1.5 times and am saving the rest to try in a couple of weeks.

Cherry Cigar: Another really good juice while fresh. Just a hint of cherry but not too sweet and a really good medium strength smokey tobacco flavour. Also saving this for when it is more steeped.

VK Gold: A bit spicy when fresh but still not bad, also saving it for tasting when it has sat and matured a little.

Tobacco Classique: I can tell this will be pretty awesome once it has steeped but it wasn't so great fresh. Patience is required, but I want it to be fully ready now!

Smooth Tobacco: Another good one for steeping, hard to describe the taste when fresh but I can tell it will be really good.

I'll definitely be updating this after some have steeped and after others have been re-stocked but I can say that the vapeking tobacco flavours are quite excellent overall. If like me, you too crave a good tobacco vape, these are definitely worth giving a shot! I'll be trying some more of the USA made tobacco flavours in the near future, just to have more of a basis for comparison. Tobaccos are always my favourite vapes and I can't wait to get hold of more!

When I first mixed up the VK Red, I wasn't all that impressed with it to be perfectly honest.. then I put it aside and left the top off the bottle to get some oxidisation happening. Today it has turned a little pinkish orange. Just vaped some through a decent cartomiser and it doesn't taste half bad now.. not sure I would call it a true Marlboro Red flavour (the HG MLB Virginia is spot on.. but that's Chinese juices for you.. they get to use all sorts of crazy stuff in their juices).. but it's certainly a lot nicer than it was yesterday.

Would be curious to hear your thoughts after its had some time to steep..
    To view my e-cig reviews and videos visit: http://www.youtube.com/user/light487

Yeah I'm saving most of the bottle for steeping but it's pretty darn good fresh for me. I'll have to give the HG MLB Virginia a try for sure. The Healthcabin USA mixes are all way too peanutty for me.

As much as I'm liking the VK Red (which is already improved in a day) I'm thinking 50/50 is still too much VG for it, next batch I'll mix 75/25 instead :-)
    Last edited by zainwolf; 16-03-12 at 03:36 PM.

Thanks for the review!

I'm quite fond of Vapekings "Peter" but I haven't tried alot of tobacco flavours to compare

CCC
    I really dig all of VKs tobaccos
    DAWZZY and Stomp like this.

AVF Regular
    liking
    Tobacco Grande,
    tobacco with coffee and a few things I can't quite work out (maybe menthol?) sorta minty after taste I would happily do without, but great taste regardless.
    VK Backo Blend, Smooth and VK Red are all pretty good tobacco flavours (need some new atties to really judge properly)
    only one I cant handle is the VK5, vapeable and not unpleasant, but far to sweet for me, RY4 fans may like it.
    All the VK juices I have tried have been good (no perfume or chemical tastes) definately worth trying
    Quit date : 10/5/2011

Quote Originally Posted by zainwolf View Post
    Tobacco Classique: I can tell this will be pretty awesome once it has steeped but it wasn't so great fresh. Patience is required, but I want it to be fully ready now!
    Just started vaping this one tonight. Been vaping the VK Red most of the day and with the Classique I'm getting a kind of Camel-like vape. When I say Camel, I mean the turkish tobacco blend that most suppliers sell as Camel.. so it has a slightly dried-fruit flavour with medium tobacco flavour filling out the middle. Not as smokey as the Smooth Tobacco or VK5 but it certainly tastes like a decent tobacco flavour that is not too sweet or perfumy. Dekang "Camel" would be the closest I can describe this as being but this is different.. more mellow than that but with a decent throat hit even at around 8mg.

AVF Regular
    Where the spectre of Bjelke-Petersen still looms...A Banana Republic inside a Banana Republic
    When someone mentions Camel it reminds me of my first 808 prefills. I ordered Camel thinking "I used to smoke Camels off and on. I'll give that a try." product description did not advise that the flavour was actual camel...

I like the idea of what you are describing and will add a bit of red to my next VK order.

Sent from my personal mind control implant.
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Quality Australian Made eJuice: Bunyip Vapes

Quote Originally Posted by Nothingexpert View Post
    When someone mentions Camel it reminds me of my first 808 prefills. I ordered Camel thinking "I used to smoke Camels off and on. I'll give that a try." product description did not advise that the flavour was actual camel...

I like the idea of what you are describing and will add a bit of red to my next VK order.

Sent from my personal mind control implant.
    The Tobacco Classique tastes like those Dekang Camels.. not the VK Red.. sorry for my confusing post.

Getting a much harsher throat hit on the classique than on the VK Red.. It's almost too throaty today..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast