Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Smoktech Single Coil 1.8ohm Cartomisers from VapeKing.com.au

Smoktech Single Coil 1.8ohm Cartomisers from VapeKing.com.au

When using LR cartomisers, you usually have the choice of 1.5ohm or 2.0ohm depending on the brand. There's a few other variants including this one from Smoktech which is 1.8ohm. Dual Coil cartomisers are also quite popular these days but they also require a decent amount of power to work properly and get the best out of them, even if the resulting resistance is quite low, because there are two coils instead of one needing to be powered.

The original Boge 2.0's are still seen as a benchmark in the industry but sometimes they can be a little weak on some 3.7v devices (such as eGo). Often I find the 1.5ohm cartomisers to be too hot for many juices and can make the juice taste bad.

So a middle ground at 1.8ohm, with a single coil to cut down on power requirements, seems like the best solution...and it is! These cartomisers perform wonderfully on every 3.7v device I have put them on. Better than Boge 2.0's, better than 1.5ohm's from other manufacturers, better than dual coils. They are the perfect match for 3.7v devices in my opinion.

Forgot to mention, this is an XL size cartomiser, so it allows for around 1.8ml of juice to be filled.
    Last edited by light487; 16-03-12 at 03:20 PM.
    zainwolf likes this.
    To view my e-cig reviews and videos visit: http://www.youtube.com/user/light487

Really enjoying these things. I've received my order of 15 from Vapeking and still love them. This is the first time I've relied solely on my eGo batteries in a very long time. I have just my SD Keyring and my 2 eGo batteries and the vapour, throat hit and flavour I get is as good as I used to get from my VV device with a dual-coil attached. Boge 2.0's were great for a long time too.. and they still are very good.. but if I had a choice between Boge 2.0's and these, I'd pick these in a heartbeat.

Super Moderator
    Hi light, based on your reviews I have ordered some to try, as well as 2x SD Keyring

Awesome.. let me know what you think, I'm keen to hear other's opinions on these and whether I am just crazy for thinking so highly of them

Super Moderator
    Yeah, no worries (if they ever get finished processing my order ...tap...tap...tap)

Edit: Yay .. shipped!
    Last edited by gtadmin; 20-03-12 at 07:32 PM.

I've been curious about these vs. the dual coils lately (which mostly do okay on an ego battery for me) but a lava tube won't push dual coils any harder apparently and I would just feel wrong putting one on a reo lol

I might have to try one in a tank :-)

Quote Originally Posted by zainwolf View Post
    I've been curious about these vs. the dual coils lately (which mostly do okay on an ego battery for me) but a lava tube won't push dual coils any harder apparently and I would just feel wrong putting one on a reo lol

I might have to try one in a tank
    Found these the other day...

Single Coil XL Tank Cartomizer for the SmokTank XL

They are basically the same thing but flanged and with 3 holes factory punched/drilled.

Quote Originally Posted by gtadmin View Post
    Yeah, no worries (if they ever get finished processing my order ...tap...tap...tap)

Edit: Yay .. shipped!
    Did you end up getting these? Tried them out yet?

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by light487 View Post
    Did you end up getting these? Tried them out yet?
    Just got both SD Keyrings charged, and tried them with the Smoktech Single Coil 1.8ohm Cartomisers (at least I think they are, the box is marked 1.70.2Ω). While these cartos are good for vapour production, the SD sticks ON while in use Tried both SDs with the same result. This happens if I drag for about 4-5 secs, but doesn't if I only drag for 2-3

Put my normal 2.6Ω cartos on the SD = no problem.
    Put the new cartos on a 650mAh eGo = no problem.
    I'll need to try another one later I guess.

Worse comes to worse, I can use them on my eGos! But ... my normal cartos taste better (because they have no filler material), so these new ones will go in the box as spares.

OT, but my Vision Stone works pitifully on the SD, but outstanding on the eGo.
    SR Baby Notta works reasonable on the SD (about the same as on the eGo). Got a LR carto for this to try also.

Edit: Persevered and it's still happening, but I've got very adept at twisting the carto off with finger & thumb (sorta defeats the purpose of an auto battery though)
    Last edited by gtadmin; 22-03-12 at 08:05 PM.
    light487 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by light487 View Post
    Found these the other day...

Single Coil XL Tank Cartomizer for the SmokTank XL

They are basically the same thing but flanged and with 3 holes factory punched/drilled.
    N2WAI they've got some good gear on their site. Shame they don't Paypal!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast