Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: B-D 5ml Syringe

B-D 5ml Syringe

Review of the B-D 5ml syringe.

These are pretty much the industry standard for disposable syringes and are quite simple, easy and comfortable to use.

Okay I'm just being a bit silly there, but seriously I still wanted to write a little snippet about these invariably useful-to-vaping things.

I have a generic 18 gauge needle fitted on what is now my 3rd 5ml syringe I use to fill various things. I'm a bit dense and slow at times, so wore the hash marks off 2 of these syringes previously.

Finally, it dawned on me to get a roll of clear packing tape and neatly wrap a layer around the tube to preserve the hash marks. No more worn off hash marks! Why didn't I think of that before?

Probably because you didn't read my post on it a few months ago
    To view my e-cig reviews and videos visit: http://www.youtube.com/user/light487

AVF Regular
    i use 12cc for 5ml & 10ml and 25cc syringes for 30ml; the 18 gauge needle i use for drawing up like it's supposed to be used and just take it off when injecting into/filling up a bottle as the VG flows too slow for injection/filling. nowadays i don't even bother with the needle. i take the plunger off the syringe, block the orifice or open end with a finger and pour what i'm mixing from the plunger end. i pour in VG first as it's thickest and my PG-based nic doesn't cross that barrier. it's ok to not have VG as a barrier as air gets trapped in the orifice/open end anyway. when i'm done pouring, i just slide it onto the mouth of the bottle.

what's your mixing method/s or best practices?

CCC
    I just squirt my doubler straight into an empty 10ml bottle half way up, then add my nic liquid using a pipette.

I mainly just draw vg out of the bottle with a syringe sans needle tip and mix half and half with some 48mg pg to end up with a 50/50 24mg base. I usually fill a 30ml bottle with that and just put the dropper tip on it so I can squirt into an empty bottle. When I get a doubler I just remove the dropper tip from the empty bottle I'm mixing into and squirt it half full of doubler then top off with the 24mg base. I just eyeball it half and half and haven't had a single issue ever. I just make sure the target bottle is clean unless I'm mixing more of the same flavour that was in it, then I don't bother.

You what they need to do? Make fricken graduated/marked bottles. Then we wouldn't need to measure it all out in syringes/pipettes.. just fill to the mls lines on the bottles.
    To view my e-cig reviews and videos visit: http://www.youtube.com/user/light487

That's a pretty nifty idea, light

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by light487 View Post
    You what they need to do? Make fricken graduated/marked bottles. Then we wouldn't need to measure it all out in syringes/pipettes.. just fill to the mls lines on the bottles.
    I've marked my 30ml bottles at every 10mm which equates to 6ml each grad and use those markings to mix to

i bought a little graduated shot glass in a kitchen place on the weekend.
    has mls, tsps,tbsps,oz scales on it, bought it for rough juice mixing.
    $5
    AddictRick likes this.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

AVF Regular
    and on drunk days, u can use it for cocktails too!

on a serious note, with regards to mixing again - does it matter what you put it first? vg, pg, nic, doubler/tripler? i almost always go vg first, either pg or pg nic, then always doubler last. i seem to do various ratios but more 60/40.

stoney - do you draw it up with a syringe/pipette or pour using a funnel onto the bottle? or do you just drink it straight away since it's in a shot glass

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast