Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: My review of the Stardust

AussieVapers approved Vendor

My review of the Stardust

Got a few in from HC just to trial, so I can play around with them before my stock arrives.

I got two,

First one -

1. Unscrewed specially designed drip tip - it would be nice if we could use whatever tip, but the tip is fine and seems good enough quality to last the life of the device.
    2. Filled it up to the 1.6 mil line with Ry4 - my 'baseline' juice, heavily PG based. 18 mg.
    3. Screwed onto ego batt, left a few minutes to wick and fired away.

Thoughts -

Pro's

1. Great flavour, and throat hit
    2. Easy to fill up, if you can't do this you probably couldn't smoke a cigarette either.
    3. Nice design, looks good with the chrome end, like the measuring lines on the plastic, not that I care how much I vape, but some people might.

Con's

1. Stiff draw. Unscrewed, the draw is fine. Screwed on, stiff draw. Surprisingly though the vaper production & throat hit / flavour was still good
    2. Drip tip cannot be changed (maybe there are 3rd party ones but you can't just stick any drip tip on)
    3. After 4-5 puffs, the device 'DOA'd on me and wouldn't fire again. Lucky I got two to test. This concerns me a lot, especially as a vendor.

I will see how my second one performs, if anyone can chime in or has had similar issues / fixes for the cons I would like to hear about them.

Cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by phirex View Post
    Got a few in from HC just to trial, so I can play around with them before my stock arrives.

I got two,

First one -

1. Unscrewed specially designed drip tip - it would be nice if we could use whatever tip, but the tip is fine and seems good enough quality to last the life of the device.
    2. Filled it up to the 1.6 mil line with Ry4 - my 'baseline' juice, heavily PG based. 18 mg.
    3. Screwed onto ego batt, left a few minutes to wick and fired away.

Thoughts -

Pro's

1. Great flavour, and throat hit
    2. Easy to fill up, if you can't do this you probably couldn't smoke a cigarette either.
    3. Nice design, looks good with the chrome end, like the measuring lines on the plastic, not that I care how much I vape, but some people might.

Con's

1. Stiff draw. Unscrewed, the draw is fine. Screwed on, stiff draw. Surprisingly though the vaper production & throat hit / flavour was still good
    2. Drip tip cannot be changed (maybe there are 3rd party ones but you can't just stick any drip tip on)
    3. After 4-5 puffs, the device 'DOA'd on me and wouldn't fire again. Lucky I got two to test. This concerns me a lot, especially as a vendor.

I will see how my second one performs, if anyone can chime in or has had similar issues / fixes for the cons I would like to hear about them.

Cheers,

It's probably not dead, more like lost contact with the battery. Pull the center pin out a little at the bottom.
    CCC likes this.

AVF Regular
    I got mine yesterday and after using for the last few hours I think they are great, no problems apart from the occasional dry hit due to not tilting the LT enough when taking a "drag", I got the LR one's from VK and am impressed with the way they function, may almost replace "THE FOG", until I get some more 901's for it anyway, nothing bad to say yet, see how they are in a few days. Anyone have any idea of the lifespan of these? How long do you think they should last?

Sent from a tin can and string phone strumming to PINK FLOYD'S " COMFORTABLY NUMB"

MY LEGEND IS BUILT ON THE CORPSES OF THOSE WHO STOOD AGAINST ME
    When asked to move a mountain, don't be daunted by the size of the mountain, merely start moving the rocks
    Provari v2 ,DIDN'Tx2, AGA-Tx2,Kir Fanis Tripolitis Tower tank, GGTS with clone ITHAKA, Sigelei Telescope,Vmax,couple of different clone mech mods, few different clone drippers and atties

I've found these to be ok.. not the latest and greatest.. but quite ok. You can get a decent hit, decent vapour and average flavour out of them. I still find myself going back to regular cartomisers though because I find they give a much better vaping experience consistently and without missing a beat. The Stardusts are a huge improvement over the eGo-T's, to be sure.. but they don't seem to be able to keep up with my vaping habits. I generally hit my ecigs very hard in spurts.. then I'll put it down again.. so by the time I am finished with it, I am getting dryer tasting hits and less than satisfying flavour. When I first pick it up of course, it is fine. However I have had times when I I've vape it after allowing it to wick, and still have found it to have a weaker than average flavour profile..

Again, much better than eGo-T's.. and awesome convenience.. but I don't see myself staying on these for the long haul.
    OzzieIsMe likes this.
    To view my e-cig reviews and videos visit: http://www.youtube.com/user/light487

Yes, I figured I would do an honest review (even though I am a vendor)

I have other parts and toys to test out and will post some more reviews on those, I find the biggest plus with these are ease of use, price and quality. Vaper production is more than adequate, provide a great throat hit, but the flavour isn't as nice as my smoktech carto's - I will be reviewing kangers + boges shortly in a few setups, voltages, flavours and ohms if anyone's interested.

But I would still say these are a great addition to anyones vaping collection, mess and hassle free, and do the job well. Also for the price and longevity, they are a very economic purchase.

CCC
    I agree with Autumn - use some tweezers to wiggle the pin down at the bottom of your stardust.

Lifespan for me depends on juice, darker juices take about 3 fills then need to be cleaned and dry burned. I still have some going strong from 4 weeks ago. The only one i had to chuck was the one i filled with Key Limepie juice, it cracked it instantly and even though i fixed it with clear nail polish, that juice tasted so horrible and i couldn't get it out of the wicks after several cleans.

accidental double post
    Last edited by phirex; 20-03-12 at 11:39 AM.

I've had one going for over a week now and it shows no signs of slacking off. I've even changed flavours in it once which wasn't too bad at all though a bit hard to get all the previous juice out without a proper cleaning. I'm loath to clean it really because it still performs so nice.

I did find the draw way too stiff also so put a 510 shorty adapter on for ego battery or add a 510/eGo adapter for using on the Lava Tube at 4.3V which is where it REALLY shines for me. Mine is the LR version btw...

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    I'm loving my stardusts, and the fill-free carto tank things in general. But the stardusts are I reckon the best unit I've come across so far - really easy to fill and clean, no primers or waiting for soaking, seem to be good value - my first ones are weeks old and are still going strong.

My first ones were from Virgin Vapor and don't know what resistance they were. Latest lot all LR and I think my first ones were SR because the newer ones seem to produce a lot more vapour. But both are good running off standard ego batteries.

Really pleased with these. Will keep trying other similar products but for now these are going to be my main device.
    CCC likes this.

CCC
    SDs are the only carto i have ever had the desire to clean and reuse. Its so easy and they come up like new after a rince and dry burn.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast