Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By zainwolf

Thread: HH.357 510 long-barrel first impressions

HH.357 510 long-barrel first impressions

I just got a long-barreled 510 and a 901 from avidvaper.com so thought I would share my first impressions here.

Firstly, I'll cite a couple of minor gripes because I'm a grumpy old man and expect the moon when I pay top dollar for something. (These atomizers are NOT cheap at $21 a pop!) The 901 atty had some dark patches on it where someone handled it without gloves to put in the little baggie. Wiped clean right away so of course no big deal really, but for the price I expect the gear to arrive spotless and clean. Who knows where that person's hands had been? Not I. The other minor gripe is some distinct burring around the air hole on the 901, made obvious by it's shredding of the napkin I wiped it clean with. We'll forgive this easily if it vapes really well.

The other minor gripe I have is with the stealth adapter. It will not screw into the 901 at all (or my other 901s) so I'm going to have to put my glasses on at some point and take a needle file to it before I can use it. For $7 I expect a finished adapter! I got a much cheaper 510/901 adapter from Healthcabin that is pretty much identical only it's gold-coloured and didn't have ratty threads on it. Could just be a sign that they are hard-pressed to keep up with demand or their QC person was stoned that day. I don't know but I am sure it will be easily fixed. I just can't be stuffed with it at the moment so the long-barreled 510 will get the first run.

I chucked this on my Reo Grand which is full of Virgin Vapor Dutch Chocolate Tobacco and just had a freshly charged AW IMR popped in it. Now anyone who is familiar with Annette's juices knows that she really thins them well, so of course I instantly flooded the atty by accident. ha! Not used to such thin juice in my Reo at all but it certainly primed the atty once I let the excess drip out.

My first few hits on it were rather weak because in part of the flooding and in part due to my having forgotten that these attys require a more aggressive draw. They're designed for that, actually. Once I puffed less casually on it, it really made a huge difference. I get a really huge hit from literally a 2 second puff. No more straining of the foofer valve. So far, so good with the 510 I think. Now for the test of time and heavy use.

I'm going to spend the day puffing away on this and we'll see how it goes once broken in. All the while, I'll be making sure not to overheat it too much as it does get quite warm being low resistance at 1.5 ohms.

Expect updates and follow-ups for this and a write-up on the 901 once I've gotten around to firing it up. The 510 will be keeping me plenty busy for most of the day I expect, the bottle and battery on my Reo are both very full! :-)
    arjay55 likes this.

From the lack of quality workmanship on the 901 alone, they seem overpriced to me..
    To view my e-cig reviews and videos visit: http://www.youtube.com/user/light487

Okay, I've only been able to get a couple of really decent hits off this 510 long barrel so far. Of course I've followed the directions and even watched Hanna's video manual on them. Mine is performing nothing like what you see in that or reviews so I'm going to be e-mailing him about it to see what he thinks. The 901 is marginally better but still nowhere near as good as I expected.

I know there's a learning curve with these and I've tried a variety of draw speeds from lazy to omgwtf and just do not get a satisfying amount of vapour from them at all.

This has to be my first real disappointment with a vaping product. I'll get in touch with the creator and see what he has to say, maybe it's just bad luck?

I know it's not the juice, 75/25 mix of DUP works great in everything else I've tried it in.

Oh, another thing. I had been trying and trying so gave up eventually last night. I didn't want to leave it sitting dry so put 2 drops of e-juice in. (It had been due for a re-drip previously.) I left it standing up on my desk and found it standing in a puddle of juice in the morning. I'd gathered that wasn't supposed to happen, but apparently this particular atty has different notions.

AVF Regular
    my 510 hh.357 lr long barrel was a big disappointment. It worked but at about the level of a standard resistance atomiser. After 4 or 5 3 or 4 hour attempts at it, i gave up and stuck it on a VV and cranked the voltage up. It worked fine then for a day then died. Many think they are fantastic, but i think i got a dud. I still buy cisco's from them but think the hh 357 is over priced and under quality.

I don't know, I'm trying to be objective with it... I think it is improving a little with use maybe but I'm still disappointed with the vapour production. It does vape and the flavour is pretty darn good compared to my poor original IKV 901 LR which is currently taking a PG bath but the 901 kicks out a lot more vapour.

Perhaps I'm under-dripping? I don't know. Trying to make it a bit more gurgly now but still not getting big vapour out of it at any draw speed.

AVF Regular
    I had the same issue zain, perhaps we were unlucky and got duds, or didn't break them in. I have only had one, so it may just be bad luck, as so many people on ecf rave about them.

I've since tried with the 901 and it's better than the 510 but ONLY if I put it in a drip shield, which I am loath to do with that burring around the air hole. I don't want to damage the o-rings in it! Without the drip shield the draw is so airy I can't get any sort of a decent pull at all.

I've sent e-mail to Hanna already so am just waiting to see what kind of response I get. If I knew any HH.357 users near me I'd let them take a shot with this one and tell me if it's what they usually get from theirs or not.

My month old IKV 901 LR easily produces twice the vapour that either of these HH.357s do.

The only other time I've been disappointed was with a cheap $6 smoktech 306 LR that loved to spit red hot juice into my mouth, ow. I don't know why I still have it in my vape box, even! I wanted to smash it flat with a hammer after 2 days of trying to get along with the evil thing. lol

Super Moderator
    I remember the first hh357 I got was really good - this is when they first came out. Can't remember what happened to it though lol I have since bought a 901 and to be honest, it's absolutely nothing like the first one I had. I gave up on it and tossed it in my vape box. I don't think I'd bother again.
    Ingrid

Quote Originally Posted by rockmoose View Post
    Is Ingrid the only one who thinks my penis looks slightly vaginal?