Smokestik Review - A Newbie Post

Hi There,

I recently starting vaping with the Smokestik purchased from the USA. This is my first post on this board so I hope you enjoy the post.

I decided to go to the ecig because I was tired of the cost and the effect it was having on my health. I'm very active and lately I was getting chest pains from what I believe was smoking. I had heard of the ecig from my Brother in Canada, the next day I purchased the Smokestik.

I decided on the smokestik because I wanted a product that had good reviews and shipped to Australia. I have now been vaping for 1 week and I have not touched one cigarette! Within 2 days of using this product, my lungs felt amazing and I could breathe again.

I purchased the Premium kit which cost $89US and then three 5 packs of cartomisers, high, medium and low. The time from order to arrival at my door was 6 days, not too bad. The packaging was nice and it seems like a quality product.

The ecig came charged out of the box and I gave it a try, not too bad. It took some getting used to because you can't pull on it like a normal cigarette. You hear a whistling sound from the cartomiser if you pull to hard and I've found that that reduces the vapor.

The taste is pretty good, and I'm now used to vaping - no real desire to pick up a normal cigarette. The only problems I seem to notice is less vapor as the battery draws down. Even if the battery has charge, I find I get much better taste and vapor when I throw a fresh battery on.

I've also noticed that the vapor is not as good when I'm outside for some reason and the cartomisers don't seem to last as long as I would like. I was smoking 1 pack of cigarettes a day (25) and currently I'm going through 1.5 cartomisers a day. I've found that after awhile the taste seems to take on a burnt taste, not sure if it means I'm using it too much or that the flavour just runs out quickly.

I'd like to try Green Smoke, but I don't believe they ship to Australia.

From most reviews I see on this forum, it seems most are using the three peice ecig adding their own juice. I figured adding my own juice was a pain in the butt, that is why I chose the cartomiser. I'm still learning here, what is best but so far so good.

All in all, I think the Smokestik is a good product, but customer service is lacking. I've emailed them twice in the past 3 days without a response.

If anyone has any suggestions on a great cartomiser ecig with great vapor that can be purchased in Australia - I'm all ears.

Thanks guys.

Mike

Re: Smokestik Review - A Newbie Post

Hi Mike,

Welcome to the forums. First off congrats for being able to quit. Now a couple of quick questiions for you. Firstly which site did you buy your gear from? Generally speaking all ecigs have a modulator in them to give a fixed current out at all charges of the battery till it needs to be recharged. This means you get the same power or "Should get" the same heat in the coil giving the same drag irrespective of wether its a fresh battery or near to dead one.

Secondly you didn't say what type of cartomiser you are using. However if you are using prefilled carts and not topping them off with your own juice then you will have to throw away two carts each day. You are getting the burnt smell because you are running out of juice. If you want to take this route which is not recommended by any of us here (not filling carts) then the cheapest place to buy prefilled cartos with a good selection is vapour 4 life.

There are quite a few places in Oz to buy "empty" cartos but none which have "nicotine" in them.

Your best bet is to start refilling carts. Hope this helps.

Dec.

BananaMan

Hi Mike, well done on quitting.

Your SmokeStik falls into the "expensive but works" category. Like most similar units (GreenSmoke, Elusion) they are very well marketed and are sold at a premium price - they do, however, work quite well.

The SmokeStik is based on the RN4081 e-cig. It's an automatic model and originally made as a 3 piece unit. They are not that popular now and parts are getting harder to obtain cheaply.
    The standard battery is quite small and wont last the average vaper very long at all between recharges. The diminishing effect you've noticed during use is correct as they have no voltage regulation - freshly charged they will output over 4 volts, reducing to around 3.4 volts just before cut off.

Cartomisers for the RN4081 appear to be a supplier specific thing so it will cost you plenty to keep throwing them away. More cost effective to refill them. Not sure how much juice they hold but would likely be less than the more popular e-cigs available now.

You can buy 4081 to 510 or 901 adaptors to go on your batteries, allowing you to use 510 or KR808 cartomisers which can be purchased prefilled with nic juice from any number of vendors overseas - just not here.

Might pay to have a look at the RN4081 and SmokeStik forums at ECF: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com

An alternative e-cig is the KR808 - a very similar system (auto & cartomisers) but can be had for much less money. The standard battery is about the same size as SmokStiks "new" PitBull batts.
    Vapor4Life (V4L) has made the KR808 a popular e-cig in the US. You can buy KR808 hardware cheaper elsewhere but their prefilled cartos are apparently very good and are 1/2 the price of SmokeStik.

Good luck and feel free to ask more questions.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I purchased the ecig directly from the smokestik website, I was confused because I believe this is a no-no in Australia, yet you can still get this shipped from overseas.

The type of cartomiser I'm using is the one direct from smokestik, an atomiser and cartomiser in one peice pre-filled. If I can re-fill the smokestik cartomisers, I'll certainly give it a shot. From what I've read, e liquid from Totally Wicked is the way to go?

The main reason I purchased Smokestik is because I wanted a 2 peice unit with pre-filled cartomisers. Now that I seem to be going through these quickly, I'll give re-filling a shot.

And thanks very much for the info Mildew, I'll do a bit more reading on the forums.

One question though: Has anyone found the eliquid taste to be better than the pre-filled cartomisers?

Thanks guys!

liquids are a personal preference, but I expect you could find a flavour you greatly prefer to a pre-filled cart as there are simply so many available.
    Its important to refill well before that burnt taste though, as that is the internal fill of the carto burning and signals the end of its life.
    One setup I really like is an 808D I grabbed from nellys ecigswarehouse filled with 48mg Tasty Vapor tobacco. They soak tobacco, so it will not be the healthiest juice .. but as a cigarette replacement its so far unmatched.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

Great, thanks alot Stoney!

You certainly can refill most of the "non-refillable" cartos.. you just have to drip, slowly into the battery end of the cartomiser.. though usually, you'll only get 1 or 2 refills from them.

I find that menthol (minty fresh taste) pre-filled cartos last the longest and give the best results overall.. but maybe that's just me.. I'm 14 months down the track in my vaping experience so have tried a great many of different devices, including one similar to the one you have plus the KR808D.. the 808D is very nice.. but I still prefer my 510-style devices.
    To view my e-cig reviews and videos visit: http://www.youtube.com/user/light487

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.

If/when you get tired of constantly recharging batteries, you could order a Riva or Ego with 1100maH/1000maH batteries, from one of the venors listed here on the forum & in Australia & charge them once per day
    Or you could buy one of the more expensive battery mods available such as a GGTS or Silver bullet or Provari or any of the others available that you like. Just be sure to research what you choose well before you order, as some are not as reliable as others & some suit one person but not the next.

The reason I advocate the Riva/Ego is they are fairly cheap, reliable & I love my Riva
    Being a 510 device there are plenty of cheap readily available carts/cartos & tank mods that fit it, with adapters available to use almost any other cart/carto too.

As for juice I personally prefer to refill & mix my own, that way if a flavor is bad I know what not to mix next time. It is also much cheaper than buying & disposing cartos all the time.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!